Halifax ignoring CCA, SAR requests.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been having problems with halifax. I sent them the first cca allowed them 12+2 etc etc. I had no reply whatsoever even though they cashed the cheque for £1 and signed for it as I sent it recorded delivery. I have sent follow up letters as advised by other posts on the forum and I have also sent the a Subject Access Request. They have cashed the cheque for £10 and signed for the letter (sent by recorded delivery again) but I have still had no response what so ever from any of my letters. I also sent them a letter from this site regarding harrassment as they ring at all times of day all night since i sent them the cca letters and Subject Access Request but again, no response at all. They continue to write, threatening legal action etc and ring every day.

What do I do next? :confused: Iv not had any response at all to any of the letters. Surely they cannot just ignore them all?

I think that the first things that you should do are to send formal complaints to the office of fair trading and also to trading standards under CPUT.

To the OFT you should complain that they are breaching guidelines on debt collection.

You should also write a letter of complaint to the IC

I think that the next thing that you should do to force compliance is to take legal action. On the facts that you give, you will win outright -- and probably they will simply settle out of court anyway.

Have you any information on any bank charges that they owe you? If you have then my best advice to you would be to claim back those bank charges and add a claim for the statutory breaches as part of that general claim. This will allow you to get the claim in as an ordinary small claim that only a small claims fee.

If you simply base your claim merely on the statutory breaches then you will probably have to start a part eight claim and this would be £150 -- although you will get that back when you win.

If you want to take any of this action then you should write them a seven-day letter before action and then sue.

Don't imagine that you could just write them a seven-day letter and they will suddenly takes fright and comply. If you are not prepared to go the whole distance then don't bother to write a letter and frankly if they ignore you and you may as well just give up.

Hi silverfox1264 glad to see you have your own thread after you following Lavamyz thread & in the same situation as them.

Sounds like you have done so much groundwork in all your requests so far already which shows you have great knowledge already in these areas:). What dates did your 40 days run out on when you SAR them because as Bankfodder said you need to ICO them & do the rest of the complaints as well since you can't get the information you have requested. (Complaints about data protection policy - ICO)

are you still paying them? Also can you remember roughly what year you took your CCA out?

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)