Welcome Finance Phone Calls

merbie13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend's daughter is also having problems with this crowd. She borrowed money to buy a car for her work as a carer. She borrowed a further sum to finance her house move because the local authority could not house her family. Her hours were cut and she fell behind with her payments. She was getting up to 3 phone calls a week. This was getting her down and I offered to write to them. It tanspired that when she took the loan, there were TWO lots of insurance applied to it. (PPI and Lifestyle) She was told she had to have this to get the loan. I looked at her paperwork for her and discovered they had added ALL the insurance premiums together, added it to the loan and were charging interest on that as well (55%!!!!!). It has taken 6 months so far to get the insurance taken off and they have sent a 'new agreement' for her to sign without insurance, but have refused to send a breakdown of the money paid so far. As they have cancelled the old agreement and the replacement agreement is not yet signed, the ball is in their court. My latest letter to head office requesting further information was countered with a notice of intention of legal proceedings from their local office. So I copied it and sent it to their head office and asked if they were trying to harass and bully us from persuing our claim. I then bundled the lot up and took it to the local CAB. I will let you know how it goes.

Big Cannon.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They do not need your national insurance for anything, if they do let them ask in writing and we can see the reason why. do not speak on the phone to them.

Bigcannon, your friend or you on their behalf needs to start a new thread so we can follow progress and advise accordingly. If they make a claim for PPI they will get sent cheque as the account that had the PPI on is now closed .

Agree with ozzy on both counts Big cannon were CAB any help in the first instance?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hi! Can anyone give me some advice . Having heard nothing from welcome finance for a little while we now have been sent a final demand letter from Lewis debt recovery for total amount of welcomes balance. What is our best step to do next please :confused:

ignore

get that agreement posted up.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Fish about on here and look up other peoples welcome finance threads. U will get so much help and tipd. This site is a god send!!! Mine have all stopped now i have been sent to debt company. Good luck!

img001.jpg

Edited by merbie13

• 2 months later...

:confused:HELP HELP!!

HAVING NOT HEARD ANYTHING FOR AGES,

WE HAVE JUST HAD A DEBT COLLECTOR FROM LEWIS GROUP TURN UP AT OUR DOOR.

WE SAID WE WOULD NOT ANSWER ANYTHING ON THE DOORSTEP OR WITH PEOPLE WHO JUST TURN UP.

HE ASKED US IF WE WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE HAD A DEBT WITH WELCOME

AND COULD WE COME TO SOME ARRANGEMENT. OF WHICH I SAID NO COMMENT.

HE HAS LEFT US HIS NUMBER AND ASKED US TO CALL HIM AFTER WE GET SOME ADVICE

WHICH I SAID I WOULD BE DOING.

I DID ASK HIM IF HE COULD SHOW ME AND SIGNED AGREEMENTS

AND HE SAID NO BUT THE OFFICE MIGHT BE ABLE TO.

ANY ADVICE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO.

I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO GET MY COPY OF AGREEMENT ON HERE BUT CAN ONLY DO IT SMALL. HELP HELP:confused:

ill private msg u my email address send me your agreement and ill post it up for you :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

write a normal email and attach it from wherever on your computer its saved

im going to have a read back through your thread whilst u do that see if theres anything i can help with

img001-2.jpg

I have managed to do it,

am very pleased with myself.

I will just pop out for a walk with the dogs to get some fresh air.

Didnt feel intimadated by man i just said no comment when asked if we agreed we owe money to welcome.

He was from a group called Lewis.

Just dont know what our next move is as he said he couldnt show me copy of signed agreement

he left his number and asked us to call when we have looked into what to do :confused:

firstly you need to send them the doorstep harrassment letter now as they should NOT turn up on your door unannounced without a mutually convenient time. As the account is now with Lewis you 'may' find they are more liable to accept repayment offers as it basically means welcome have given up chasing you and passed it on, we have done this and now pay £5 a wk. If you want to make an arrangement whilst everyone has a look at the agreement think of an amount you can reasonably afford and offer that I can help with a letter if necessary. Dont let them stress you out they arent worth it!

i would be inclined to subject access request welcome and find out exactly what they have been doing with your account.....this is the letter you need to send.....

Data Protection Compliance Manager

Welcome Financial Services (or other Welcome Group company as appropriate)

KINGSTON HOUSE

CENTRE 27 BUSINESS PARK

WOODHEAD ROAD

BIRSTALL

BATLEY

WF17 9TD

REMEMBER THE £10 POSTAL ORDER AND SEND RECORDED DELIVERY

GOOD HUNTING

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.gif

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to my business with yourselves.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal datalink3.giflink3.giflink3.giflink3.gif which you hold on me for the entire period of my business with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 yearslink3.giflink3.giflink3.giflink3.gif of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of an agreement you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original exists, the type of filing system or archive the originals are stored on.

If it is the case that any of the requested documents can not be supplied because they have been destroyed,please indicate;

1.The date the document (s) was/were destroyed.

2.The method used for destruction.

3.The position of the individual/individuals tasked with destruction.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interestlink3.giflink3.giflink3.giflink3.gif charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

DONT SIGN IT print your name! Send £10 postal order (seems alot I know but theres not many that dont come up with something ;) ) and send recorded delivery for proof it was received.

In the mean time you can ask Lewis to 'prove' you owe any money if you so wish or as said previously you can arrange a payment plan if thats what you wish to do. The ball is totally in your court!

How would i go about asking Lewis to prove i owe this money if i was to go about this route? If lewis now have the debt is the any point in asking welcome for a subject access request. Is there a stop doorstep harrasment template on here any where ?

There is every point in getting a subject access request to find out exactly what is going on with the account etc the fact lewis now have the account basically means the account is frozen and 'shouldnt' gain any further interest or the balance increase. have you received a notice of assignment? i bet you havent and you should have done if its been passed on. In the template library is the prove it letter and the doorstep harrassment letters, by asking them to prove it you are basically asking for a copy of the CCA which they may or may not have.

Template library is HERE

Many thanx. i will get these letters off. i have not recieved a notice of assignment from anyone. I have found the doorstep letter, do i give it to debt collector if he comes again or do i send it to lewis?

Many thanx.:)

Many thanx. i will get these letters off. i have not recieved a notice of assignment from anyone. I have found the doorstep letter, do i give it to debt collector if he comes again or do i send it to lewis?

Many thanx.:)

send it to lewis, recorded delivery and keep a copy for if they call again

Do you know where i could find an address for them as we have not had any correspodence from them at all?

Thanks for being so helpfull its reaaly a big help;)

yet another thing to query as to why they are turning up on your door without even so much as a letter! ill get it now from mine :)

The Lewis Group Ltd

Lawrence House

Riverside Drive

Cleckheaton

West Yorkshire

BD19 4DH