Chantry Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just been on the phone to them to make a payment, there rep was really arsey. They are collecting for a Payday Cheque company, and I have been making payments, but missed the ones for August and September because of a mixture of my ex not paying his maintenance and my bank card being lost.

He reckons that they can still present the cheques but when I have checked with my banks they have said there is a 6 month limit for cheques being honoured.

He also said that my payment was miniscule and a joke and says he is going to send and I and E form which I MUST fill in. Is that right? I didn't think you were obligated to fill in an I and E form for anyone if you don't want to.

He also said he would like to be sitting on benefits rather than working (in a really nasty voice).

Cheeky beggar.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Oh and he reckons they will want proof I am on benefits too, that's a load of rubbish isn't it?

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Hi BL

Sorry to hear about the attitude displayed but I guess it's becoming the norm

The only people entitled to get any type of I and E details from you is a Court, the others can ask but you are under no obligation to comply and re the cheques, yes if not presented within 6mths they are invalid

I'd be tempted to write to them asking for their complaints procedure and have a right go about their staff member re his attitude and the way he tried to mislead you about your having to complete the I and E form (there's got to be a rule agaisnt misleading debtors but I can't find it just now)

Good luck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi BL

Sorry to hear about the attitude displayed but I guess it's becoming the norm

The only people entitled to get any type of I and E details from you is a Court, the others can ask but you are under no obligation to comply and re the cheques, yes if not presented within 6mths they are invalid

I'd be tempted to write to them asking for their complaints procedure and have a right go about their staff member re his attitude and the way he tried to mislead you about your having to complete the I and E form (there's got to be a rule agaisnt misleading debtors but I can't find it just now)

Good luck

There is in the OFT guidlines and the CPUTR 2008.

Thanks for that guys. Normally I am red hot when it comes to these things, but having had a couple of months off I just wanted to check. I will put the CPUTR 2008 bit in the letter. That usually has them running for cover.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

LoL BB . . you replied as I was nosing about

Hope this helps BL . .

OFT Guidelines:

Communication

It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear,inaccurate or misleading manner

(b) Leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors lack of knowledge

CPUTR

7 (2) In determining whether a commercial practice uses harassment,coercion or undue influence account shall be taken of

(b) The use of threatening or abusive language or behaviour

Hope that helps and I know if I'm wrong things will be pointed out accordingly

• Haha 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

I would have looked them up but I have plumbers here who've just unblocked next doors drain which had a coconut in it! LOL...You couldn't make that one up!

A coconut? How the heck did that get there?

If I was to complain to TS would it be my local one or their's?

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Apparently their dog dropped it down the manhole lol...

TS, both :)

That just gets stranger. Their dog had a coconut :confused:

You have made me smile, :D

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by babybear39 viewpost.gif

Apparently their dog dropped it down the manhole lol...

TS, both :-)

That just gets stranger. Their dog had a coconut :confused:

You have made me smile, :grin:

The plot thickens, will this thread be taken over by a Mutt with a nut :confused:

It's a skill half the species have I'm afraid :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to check something out.

This is the letter I got from them the other day

Dear Berrylover,

We note with regret that you have chosen to ignore our previous correspondence regarding this outstanding debt.

We are unaware of any reason why payment should be witheld. If payment in full is not received within 7 days of this letter, we may have no alternative other than:

- Instructing an agent to make a home visit to recover the balance outstanding.

- Refer your file for legal action with a view to issuing a County Court Judgment against you.

If a County Court Judgement is issued against you, your ability to obtain future credit may be restricted. Upon judgement being awarded against you, our client will be in a position to apply for a Warrant of Execution for an Attachment of Earnings order or Bankruptcy proceedings may be issued against you.

Your cheque or postal order should be made payable to "Chantry Collections" and sent to the above address quoting your reference number. Please note we also accept credit or debit card payments by telephone at this office. If you are unable to settle your account in full you should contact immediately on 08444480522 to discuss the matter.

We await your immediate settlement of this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Ok, so I just wondered if anyone has any opinions on this letter. I noticed when I checked my credit records today that neither Chantry Collections or the people they are collecting for have registered anything on them.

Are they all mouth and no trousers?

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Just want to check something out.

This is the letter I got from them the other day

Dear Berrylover,

We note with regret that you have chosen to ignore our previous correspondence regarding this outstanding debt. You have every right to ignore them

We are unaware of any reason why payment should be witheld. because i dont have to pay you If payment in full is not received within 7 days of this letter, we may have no alternative other than: .......to send more threatograms :rolleyes:

- Instructing an agent to make a home visit to recover the balance outstanding. ...will simply just be told to go away

- Refer your file for legal action with a view to issuing a County Court Judgment against you. ......will cost them money

If a County Court Judgement is issued against you, your ability to obtain future credit may be restricted. Upon judgement being awarded against you, our client will be in a position to apply for a Warrant of Execution for an Attachment of Earnings order or Bankruptcy proceedings may be issued against you. up to a county court what happens not them

Your cheque or postal order should be made payable to "Chantry Collections" and sent to the above address quoting your reference number. Please note we also accept credit or debit card payments by telephone at this office. If you are unable to settle your account in full you should contact immediately on 08444480522 to discuss the matter. meaningless end of letter drivel

We await your immediate settlement of this matter. you'll be waiting a long time then

Yours faithfully,

Ok, so I just wondered if anyone has any opinions on this letter. I noticed when I checked my credit records today that neither Chantry Collections or the people they are collecting for have registered anything on them.

Are they all mouth and no trousers?

Thats more like it :)

Slightly OT - how can ANYONE enjoy Jeremy Kyle, I nearly threw the remote throught the telly when I caught some of the ignorant 'people' he had on one show when I was struck down with swine flu.

Next time he rings, tell him not to be so inconsiderate while you are in the middle of enjoying Jeremy Kyle :D

Jeremy Kyle is worth watching when you feel terribly down. It makes you realise that your life is not as bad as you think and that there are many people who have worse lives that you. :D

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

• 3 weeks later...

The phone number for Chantry is 0844 448 0520.

Ok I got a CCA back and it looks to be enforcable, so my next question is about paying them.

I do not want to call them up, but have no details of how to pay them otherwise. Can they insist that I call them each month to make payment (as I do not want to give them permission to just take the money each month).

Can I insist they give me details so that I can pay via online banking or a paper giro to pay them?

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

IF all is above board, write to them and ask for either bank details for a s/o, a payment card or a book of giros. NEVER EVER give them your bank details, card details or set up a DD with them - such companies have been known to empty bank accounts with this type of info.

When you have that THEN write and TELL them how much you can afford and that's what they are getting. The start paying it.

At this point they will no doubt try and pressure you into paying more. Just tell them that's all I can afford I you don't like it take me to court and I'll get a DJ to tell you thats all I can afford.

Dont let them bully you

Thank you Hungrybear.

I won't let anyone bully me, don't worry. I phone up DCA's for fun.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow