Jam Rolly Polly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yup, winter is on its way but it is not all bad as i thought id try out a winter pudding.

So out came the pinny this afternoon and set about making a jam Rolly Polly and i must say myself it was yummmmmm.

Only thing is what next hmmmmm tricle pudding maybe.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

The secret of a good treacle sponge pudding is plenty of syrup and plenty of custard!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Right that's it Rooster and Jan has me drooling at the mouth so treacle pud it is tomorrow with irish stew and PF's home-made dumplings.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ive got the big soup pan out just now, and Im currently making a big pot of lentil soup with a proper smoked hough!

Dont know about anyone else in the country but my OH had to de-ice the windscreen this morning!:eek:

Rained nearly all day here in the south first rain we have had in a long time, Mazbck I can imagine Scotland always gets colder first I used to be a trucker and delivered to Scotland a lot the snow on the hills was quiet a sight for a southerner

Ive got the big soup pan out just now, and Im currently making a big pot of lentil soup with a proper smoked hough!

I'm on my way! Save me some!;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Went to Highlands once in December for a 4 day dogwalking break and the snowy mountains blew me away. Gorgeous scenery. Dog then was a spaniel, he was snuffling around in the grass and suddenly realised how close he was to a stag, it was so tall he hadn't seen it - he was terrified, never seen him run so fast.

lol Jan, but yes Scotland is a beautiful place when ever I drive to Edinburgh I always use the A7 Rather than the M74 as the scenery is so much nicer and it keeps me awake !!!!!!!! watching the samon jump out and beach on the banks is an awesome sight.

Mmmm your making me hungry. I love any puds. In fact I would sooner eat a pud than a dinner. That's why I need to get to weight watchers!!!

Enjoy your treacle pud PF:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Mmmm your making me hungry. I love any puds. In fact I would sooner eat a pud than a dinner. That's why I need to get to weight watchers!!!

Enjoy your treacle pud PF:)

spotted dick please!!:D

or bread and butter pudding?:)

or just the treacle pud?:)

or all three together:p

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

That's why I need to get to weight watchers!!!

No just eat what you want and be happy as you are.

All this -rap about this and that is bad is just a load of -ull.

PF

I never have room for puddings, I am as big as a house anyway so perhaps it is a good job. Not bothered about my size though, one of my nephews dropped dead at 46 and he was a fitness fanatic and my slim sister who never drank alcohol or smoked died of pancreatic cancer in May.

good on u hilary we are not to be judged but accepted as we are as that is what makes the world such a diversating place it is good luck to u

All the fuss about size really annoys me. Haven't got a clue what I weigh but I'm 5' 4" and a size 10 and when the nurse at my GP's did the BMI thing on me she said I was overweight! How irresponsible is that - no wonder people get anorexic.

And if they're basing their statistics on that test when they say half the population is overweight, then its total rubbish.

All the fuss about size really annoys me. Haven't got a clue what I weigh but I'm 5' 4" and a size 10 and when the nurse at my GP's did the BMI thing on me she said I was overweight! How irresponsible is that - no wonder people get anorexic.

I might have been a size 10 once but if ever I was, it's so long ago my brain just can't recall it :eek:

Now pf, I'm not too far from your neck of the woods & would happily volunteer to be your chief tester when it comes to roly poly, treacle sponge etc etc etc :D

Being born and brought up in Scotland (until my twenties) there's always a soup pot on in my house in the winter. I have to get friends who visit to bring me smoked ham ribs or hough to stock the freezer. We never have a chicken without making soup afterwards. Mmmmm.

Puddings? apple or rhubarb crumble with custard or cream

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

What I love best is to put a roast in the oven then take the dogs for a long walk whether it be wet or cold come back open the door to aromas of Roast beef have lunch about three then sleep infont of a log fire

thats Sundays during Nov, Dec Jan and feb what more could one want

Nothing like a plate of homemade Tattie soup or Cullen Skink with oatcakes!

As a fellow Aberdonian by birth, I quite agree about the homemade tattie soup but I have never tasted anyones quite like my dad used to make.

Now, a nice butterie with dairylea on the top or a Simmers butter biscuit with cheese would go down a treat here right now :smile:

Can't get Simmers butter biscuits on the south coast :(

WOW I was just typing my thoughts last night and did not realize that the thread would gather the momentum it has.

Well Done all.

PF