Hardship - Barclays

goose1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have already requested a summary of my charges and am posting request for payment letter today. Now within the template it refers to changes in circumstances, i.e. breakdown of partnership, death etc of which none of them I have experienced. I am not on benefits etc, my circumstance is purely I am trying to pay my bills leaving me with next to no money for living expenses and Barclays are whopping on an extra £120 each month to my account in changes so am struggling to get on top of things. So on that basis I have amended the template letter and wondered if someone could take a look and if they think I have a case. The amount is approx £870 to date:

Obviously I have taken off my account details

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account since 10 Sept 2003 and stop adding any further charges to my account. I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to Barclays of going into unauthorised overdraft.

I request that you deal with my case now rather than once the test case has ended as I am currently experiencing financial difficulties and the FSA waiver states that you should continue to deal with hardship cases.

My current circumstances mean that I am struggling to meet my payments each month, whilst striving to pay all my monthly bills, Barclays keep adding to my account leaving me with virtually nothing for food and day to day living expenses, this is clearly visible on my monthly statements and as I have two children I have found myself needing to take cash out on a credit card to pay for day to day goods.

The charges total. I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money and therefore ask that you repay me the full amount. I have attached a full schedule of the charges with this document.

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies on the lack of responses. Firstly, I would get Barclays to get rid of the Personal Reserve since it is costing you £22.00 every five days.

secondly this site recommends you claim every charge going back to Janury 1995 and even under financial hardship you can be considered for charges since July 2001 so can you clarify if your account was opened in 2003 since that would appear to suggest that you are simply going back only 6 years.

Did you send an income and expenditure form and notices of arrears since providing as much information as possible to enable an assessment of financial hardship is essential otherwise they can reject your claim under financial hardship without the necessary evidence of it.

Whether you work or do not work is irrelevant to whether you are in financial hardship.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thank you Yourbank for your reply, strangly enough, on Saturday morning I received an income and expenditure form from Barclays for me to complete. I will get that filled out today and sent off 1st class. Do you know how long they have to respond?