Arrow/reston claimform - old MBNA card 'debt'

MBNASlayer(1)
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you, so basically modify my F&F letter to them (which resulted in them sending me the Tomlin order) stating all the points regarding costs etc and that this is my final offer.

Presumably they cannot ignore this and go for summary judgement?

What are your thoughts regarding the enforceability of my CCA?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably they cannot ignore this and go for summary judgement?

Yes, they could but you would be notified & have the opportunity to object.

What are your thoughts regarding the enforceability of my CCA?

See Post 80

MisterV - could you now keep this to your own thread please?

You have experienced CAGers helping you there & to start off on this one is not only hijacking MBNASlayer's issues but may confuse those who have posted on your own thread.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

I am now sending off a SAR request to MBNA to see if the details they sent under my S78 request are the same. Also noticed that the original T&C stated the minimum payment is 2% of the balance. Is this with the interest included?

Even if it does or does not include the interest they have not been charging me 2% of the balance. Hopefully the SAR will tell me if this has always been the case.

It means your debt keeps getting bigger MSlayer! :mad:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone.

I have been a bit quiet over the last few months as I had had no calls or letters from MBNA.

Yesterday in the post I received the letter that you can view below.

My question is what is my next step? Should I wait for the default and the SAR or should I SAR now?

Any words of wisdom would be most appreciated. I had kind of forgotten about MBNA until yesterday and I am now getting worried again as it is getting serious :(

NOD.pdf

Yes I would do SAR at this point, it could be important for you.

Both of mine were sold before the expiry of the DN's which were just out on dates.

I have accepted their unlawful rescission and they deny that they have done this but the SAR proves otherwise.

Are they demanding the balance or the arrears?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/196312-invalid-default-notices.html?highlight=invalid+default+notices

Its a long thread but you will find lots of info there.

I believe it to be 14 calendar days, some say the first day is on service others say it starts the day after service.

So you have the same figures quoted on the letter for the amount to remedy by and the balance? If they are both the same that's another fault

They are just asking for the o/s balance.

Do they have to give 14+2 working days or just days?

a dn should be 2 working day s for 1st

or

4 working days for 2nd class mail

then 14 calendar days from that

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dunno ... what postage was it sent by?

use the info i gave to work it out.

the rest of it looks ok

they are only after the arrearss which is correct.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They sent it by UK Mail. I know someone in direct marketing who says that UK Mail is considered a 2nd class postal service.

so that that then works out to what date?

dx

and they

Well it the other thread it says with 2nd class allow 4 working days to arrive. The letter was dated 4th June so 4 working days would be 10th June. 14 days after that would be 24th June. However if it is 14 working days after that it would be 30th June.

Either way they asked for the o/s balance by 22nd June. So it is faulty :)

Thanks for your help guys.

In view of the faulty DN (2 days sort of 4+14 days) and an application form with unrelated prescribed terms on the back, should I write to MBNA advising them that due to this issues it is unenforcible? I was thinking of saying that they should write off this amount and remove negative comments from my credit file.

Does anyone think this is worthwhile at this stage?

They will not just walk away, even if the debt is unenforceable they will continue to threaten you will all sorts and hope that this will scare you into paying.

They will probably sell this debt on now, if they haven't already done so.

Have you sent SAR? This will give you the information need and if it is terminated on the back off an invalid DN then this is unlawful rescission at which point you will only be liable for the arrears to date (excluding unlawful charges).

Have you sent the account in dispute letter?

No only 1 is needed.

SAR is what I would advise now, it will cost you £10 and they have 40 days to send all the information they hold, make a point of asking for the comms log (communication) this should show when they sold the account on.

BTW just because it may be unenforceable, doesn't mean the debt goes away, just that they can't take you to court for it.