Admiral Insurance HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I wonder if you can help me. My partner reinsured with Admiral, originally it was done on line last year. When he got in touch via phone to insure again he was asked if he had points on his licence and he said yes they asked him what the points were but he could not remember. He has since rang them with the details and they said that his insurance is going up another £80 per month to pay for the shortfall for last year's insurance too (which was not claimed on). Can they do this, what is the legality of cancelling the insurance and going with someone else. If it is a new insurance can they charge for the last year?

Hope some one can give some advice.

Thanks Reader

Hi no the points were 3 in 2005 and 3 in 2006.

I think he got mixed up when he changed insurers as he said he thought they would have cleared off the licence (in 2008), only when we had new ones in September did we realise that they were still on and stay on longer than we realised.

Thanks Reader

yes they can recover the additional premium for last year and increase for this year, it is failure to disclose, all insurers ask for any claims, convictions or endorsements in the last 5 years.

It does seem steep though! but saying that am i right in thinking there are points from 05,06 and 08? (it has changed your brackets to a cool face!)

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)

Hi InsuranceGuy, no the points are in 2005, 2006 only. It is a little steep I agree I was gobsmacked when he said how much it was going up a month. The silly thing is if he had changed insurers and gone with someone else it would have been much cheaper!

Thanks Reader

Edited by Reader
Spelling