• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

First step Finance - **BANNED DIRECTORS STOLE +£6M**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First Step Finance Ltd a Debt Resolution Forum member based in Stockport is under threat of losing their CCL registration as having been issued with a ‘Minded to Revoke’ statement by the OFT.

Can you post a link to it?

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Thanks for that, I have to submit more infor to the FOS regarding this circus but I probable will have to ask them to hurry up so that I can get my money back from these clowns!!!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

My friends who are with them say its actually a credit licence they have that is mind to revoke and as they do not loan money they actually dont need that licence the one they need is the ministry of justice one. Dont know how right that is tho but Im sure that Lord_Tiger will know if thats right or not.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

My friends who are with them say its actually a credit licence they have that is mind to revoke and as they do not loan money they actually dont need that licence the one they need is the ministry of justice one. Dont know how right that is tho but Im sure that Lord_Tiger will know if thats right or not.

DG

I'm pretty sure they'll need a consumer credit license from the OFT (which isn't just for those that lend btw).

DG

They need both licenses.

For their "Debt Management" part, arranging payments plans, making payments (including token payments), etc., they need this Credit License.

For the challenging of the Credit Agreements they need the license from the Ministry of Justice.

Getting this license revoked will probable not completely prevent them from trading but it will severely hampering them from doing what they are trying (trying is the word) to do. This will also make it very hard for organisations like the FOS to find any complaints in their favour. The MoJ will probable also frown on this and hopefully (!!) will look into their license with them as well.

Edited by lord_tiger_putin

-----------------

------------------

------------------

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0610509

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberFirst Step Finance Limited06384834

Licence Notes:

EvtStageOpen DateNotes4Minded To Revoke06/12/2010

Categories:

Debt adjusting/counselling

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Issued Date: 26-Nov-2007

Expiry Date: 26-Nov-2012

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionChristine Whitehurst

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionAdrian Lee Whitehurst Margaret Whitehurst

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressRegistered Office1-3, Churchyardside, NANTWICH, Cheshire, CW5 5DE, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of BusinessDiscovery Park, Suite 1, Crossley Road, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 5BNRegistered Office93, Wellington Road North, STOCKPORT, Cheshire, SK4 2LR, United Kingdom

either you STUSCFC or your relative totally mis understood what this company can do.

A full financial reclaim service for its clients, if the criteria is met and you want to get out of debt in the shortest time they can deliver.

Yes they charge a fee, (not upfront) yes it can take time,(shorter than a DM plan or IVA) can you do it your self for less cost dont think so!

prima

Prima, coud you tell us what this company is doing on the Ministry Of Justice "Minded to Revoke List" if, as you say "they can deliver". They deliver heartache and not an awful lot else. They're about to have their license yanked as a result. Check this folks, if you like. It is FACT.

It is a disgrace that you have posted this. Oh and BTW, I am a debt adviser in the NFP sector and I get more debts written off in a week than this company gets in ten years. We don't charge for this.

Please ignore Prima's post

BTW, if anyone has been unlucky enough to fall foul of these people, demand your money back. And if they cold called you, report them to the OFT. I literally have a load of clients who went with them and entrusted often vastt sums of money to them, only to discover much later that they haven't paid a bean. Quite a few people I've helped with this end up finding out that the county court judgements have been racking up without their knowledge because First Steps sit on all correspondnce and pretend everything is in dispute.

Edited by 42man

Prima, coud you tell us what this company is doing on the Ministry Of Justice "Minded to Revoke List" if, as you say "they can deliver". They deliver heartache and not an awful lot else. They're about to have their license yanked as a result. Check this folks, if you like. It is FACT.

It is a disgrace that you have posted this. Oh and BTW, I am a debt adviser in the NFP sector and I get more debts written off in a week than this company gets in ten years. We don't charge for this.

Please ignore Prima's post

The Stockport Circus, aka First Crap Finance, did try to influence people by posting here themselves pretending to be someone who has "friend" with these idiots are are very happy with these loosers, prima was one "name" they used. It stand out very clearly and they didn't made any head way. This "Prima" was kicked off anyway.

-----------------

------------------

------------------

What would have been laughable about Prima's post (if the whole situation with FSF wasn't so appalling) was her statement that people couldn't handle their own debt management issues without help from people like FSF! There are thousands of people on this forum who are doing just that.

I'm not with FSF, thank God, but a question has occurred to me which other posters might be concerned about, and I'm sure someone will advise:

If their licence is revoked, what happens to the money they have in the pot from all their clients?

And, as it seems likely that the licence will be revoked, surely everyone should stop paying them immediately.

What would have been laughable about Prima's post (if the whole situation with FSF wasn't so appalling) was her statement that people couldn't handle their own debt management issues without help from people like FSF! There are thousands of people on this forum who are doing just that.

I'm not with FSF, thank God, but a question has occurred to me which other posters might be concerned about, and I'm sure someone will advise:

If their licence is revoked, what happens to the money they have in the pot from all their clients?

And, as it seems likely that the licence will be revoked, surely everyone should stop paying them immediately.

They will probable do what they do when you cancel. Here is just some points I have learned while dealing with these clowns and I hope it can be of some use to someone who want to cancel their agreement with them.

Upon cancelling they make hastily arrangements with the creditors for F&F settlements so that they can pocket 25% of the money “saved” by such arrangements. Therefore one should slam them with a section 10 notice of the DPA 1998 when you cancel so that they will have to supply good reason while they are still discussion your personal affairs with the creditors after you have informed them to cancel that. Unless they can provide a good enough reason why they should continue discussion your affairs with the creditors, they are not allowed under the DPA 1998 to do that. Them trying to make money out of the fact that you cancel, is certainly not a good enough reason. In the cancellation letter one must make it very clear to them that you cancel your arrangements with them and that it is with immediate effect and that all monies in their possession must be returned to you. Stating the fact that you cancel is very important, they try to play games by treating it as a complaint and therefore allowing them to continue to represent you and to make these unlawful F$F settlements while “investigating” your complaint.

I believe you should also require them to refund the interest they drew on this money.

When you give an organisation a section 10 notice you have to allow them sufficient time to adhere to it. It is understandable that organisations cannot immediately comply in certain situations. When you cancel with FCF then you will have to allow them enough time to “wind down” their involvement in representing you and finalise discussions and arrangements with your creditors. Therefore you will have to make it very clear that they have no permission to start new arrangements, them making F$F settlements arrangements after been served with such a notice, would be a breach of the DPA (that is my take on it and please provide a different argument and the reasoning behind it if you believe I am wrong).

The fact that they keep the money in the “pot” and not paying the creditors seems to be something that is frowned upon. The FOS asked me for information to show that they have done that and it seems that the FOS is not too happy about it.

The fact that they made F$F settlement deals after I informed them that they no longer represent me with immediate effect is one of their breaches of the DPA in my case, there are many more. The ICO have a huge backlog but I did receive a letter yesterday that they will look at setting up mediation and I will have them answering this very question and I will ask for compensation.

I modified this from another thread:

Statutory Notice pursuant to Sections 10 of The Data Protection Act 1998.

Data Subject Notice

To: Head of Compliance

First Step Finance

Your Address

Dear [Name removed]

Take notice that I require that First Step Finance cease from processing my personal data with immediately effect of the receipt by you of this Notice, especially that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the implementation by you of alleged defaults or contractual breaches or breaches contrary to The Common Law.

Should you feel that there is a need for the communication or passing of my personal data to a third party after the receipt by you of this Notice, I require, as specified in The Data Protection Act 1998, your reasons for doing so and you must supply me with such reasons in writing not later than 10 days after the receipt by you of this Notice. Please note that this is especially true for new negotiations (started after the receipt by you of this Notice) with third parties and I believe there is no valid reason for you doing just that.

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which has been caused to date. And that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this Notice would violate both the Principles and Data Subject’s rights of The Data Protection Act 1998, to do so would be both unwarranted and unlawful.

Yours sincerely

Edited by alanfromderby

-----------------

------------------

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, Sorry for the brief earlier post but this Company makes my blood boil, they robbed me of a large sum of money and practically laughed at me when i requested my account be closed in writing and over the phone i thought that would of been it. But NO this firm continued bleeding the pot dry for almost twelve months and the only way this was discovered was when i got the financial Ombudsman involved and asked for a breakdown of costs. I can only describe the breakdown as inadequate and full of made up charges which unlike in earlier posts here they where detailed mine is not just monthly totals. Like an earlier poster said he started to receive calls and text messages so did i the day the breakdown of costs arrived forcing me to change my number. I don't know how this company even managed to register with the MOJ or any other government associated body as this has been going on for years. This is my own personal opinion but i think anyone will get any money back from this firm. I also believe it is unfair that these people even if they are blacklisted will continue in other companies or under a different name- to destroy peoples lives who are in the worst possible position in life. I now intend to send all my paerwork back to the FOS as it is clear i have suffered financial loss and they have also not honored their part of the contract in any shape or form and just hope this does not happen to someone else.

Oooh this is VERY interesting - http://www.bournesdebtsolutions.com/blog/?p=12

First Step Legal also runs under the name of Licit Legal Limited and Swift Sure. Licit Legal Limited has recently gone into liquidation after complaints had been issued to the Ministry of Justice and other regulatory bodies for fraud. Anyone who is owed money by this company can contact the MD, Adrian Whitehurst on 07790 906783 or 0161 443 0290. Alternatively, you can email Adrian at: [email protected]

1st Debt SolutionsPending1st StepPending1st Step AdvicePending1st Step DebtPending1st Step Debt AdvicePending1st Step Debt ManagementPending1st Step FinancePending1st Step Solution ServicePending1st Step SolutionsPendingFirst Debt SolutionsPendingFirst StepPendingFirst Step AdvicePendingFirst Step DebtPendingFirst Step Debt AdvicePendingFirst Step Debt ManagementPendingFirst Step FinancePendingFirst Step Solution ServicePendingFirst Step SolutionsPending

Minded To Refuse/Revoke Notice:

Date of MTR: 06-Dec-2010

Just a quick post in reply to recent previous ones. I'm a current client of First Step Finance and have unsecured debts registered with them, and the lady I have recently spoken to in Client Support has said that they *are* still regulated by the Ministry of Justice, but that they have been "minded to revoke" by the OFT. But this is because, the lady has said to me, the OFT don't "understand" what the company primarily do on behalf of consumers. They are not pigeon-holed to be either a debt management co, of which a certain % of paid debt is kept by the co, nor are they an IVA provider, but they help in challenging/redusing the debt.

From a telephone call to the MOJ, they say that FSF are at present still regulated by them.

It is true that First Step Legal/Licit Legal went into liquidation in April 2009. I don't know what connection, if any, they have with FSF.

the OFT don't "understand" what the company primarily do on behalf of consumers. They are not pigeon-holed to be either a debt management co, of which a certain % of paid debt is kept by the co, nor are they an IVA provider, but they help in challenging/redusing the debt.

I'm pretty certain the OFT know precisely what FSF do.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't quite understand this: I got an email notification that Stressed64 had posted a few days ago, with a criticism about First Step Finance, but it does not appear here when I clicked the link.

PCB

Hi P-CB, I did post on here with my unfortunate dealings with FSF but the post along with a reply from Desperate Daniella and my subsequent answer seem to have disappeared, not sure if I may have breached a site rule or something but I have had no notification if that is the case. If you would like to know anything please let me know.