Cooking with Halogen Cookers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
here we go , tried the Icelands uncooked saus rolls > 4 large for a £1

however the other 2, I ate , pastry just melted in the mouth

took 20 mins @ 200c

1of1-1.jpg

GANNET. . . . :D

I don't like the colour of the food in the above post, looks like its been fried in lard. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

nope nothing added, they just melt in the mouth :rolleyes:, pic is a bit bright on the colour though ;)

and any fat that was in the pastry comes out and goes to the bottom of the Halogen, :D

nope not gannets but we do like our food, inc the dogs even their food real chicken and sausages etc is cooken in the Halogen now :lol: ( now there is someone on this thread that does eat extra large meals, but I wont mention him ) a pic says 1000 words though

nope not gannets but we do like our food, inc the dogs

You eat the dogs food?

I rest my case, guilty as charged . . . GANNET . . :D

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

you silly old sod :rolleyes:, we dont actualy buy dog food, our two have real food and most times the same as us, including sirlion steak she feeds them , and I get the sausages , :confused:

go off and eat your nuts , are they fried or boiled :D

Roasted. . .

Mind you they will be later when Tilly catches up with me . . check out her Happy Birthady thread. .

WARNING TO ALL

I actually got brought a halogen cooker just before Christmas. I have to say that I am a little dissapointed. The instruction booklet you get with it is vague and there are only about 4 or 5 recipes. I have tried to find halogen cookbooks in the shops to no avail and the one that I ordered on Ebay took 6 weeks to arrive and when it did had recipes that either came out burned to a crisp or raw

I actually got brought a halogen cooker just before Christmas. I have to say that I am a little dissapointed. The instruction booklet you get with it is vague and there are only about 4 or 5 recipes. I have tried to find halogen cookbooks in the shops to no avail and the one that I ordered on Ebay took 6 weeks to arrive and when it did had recipes that either came out burned to a crisp or raw

Stay with it Woody.

It's trail and error to start with, but once you know how long, the food is SO much better than cooked in a normal oven!

JOgs

first HL where pics of what you have done :D

woody a book here > http://www.halogenovenrecipes.co.uk/Halogen_Oven_Recipe_Book.pdf

woody if you have a problem shout me or sheba dog or fiveneckes we all use them all the time , I would say get the extra's etc > here Coopers of Stortford Halogen Oven Accessories from Coopers of Stortford

you do need the extender ring with some cooking , and the bits in the extra's kit are very usefull

when cooking from a recipe , reduce the heat by approx 25c and time by about 10% , there is 2 guides few posts back you can print

but as said try different things and shout first if your not sure

Kip

try some of the things posted where times / temp are showing

it is a bit of trial and error , first time I did a beef joint i have to admit it was cooked too high and wan'st that tender, but its best to use a lower temp to start you can always turn it up a bit etc,

we had ours for a few months just doing the odd thing now and again, but we soon got the hang of it, I am forever running out of the Iceland uncooked saus' rolls, every visitor we have asks for a demo then eats them all :D

Woody try these

uncooked from Icelands

and the saus' rolls are the ones i put a pic up of

without extender ring use the low tray about 25 - 30 mins on 175 -180

wife and sheba-dog had the steak and onion slices here one evening and said they are really nice ( i missed out cant have onions ) :(

12022010169.jpg

wife and sheba-dog had the steak and onion slices here one evening and said they are really nice

:eek: You have a talking Dog Kip?

I haven't tried the Sausage rolls from Iceland yet they look ok.

WARNING TO ALL

This is my entire fault I took my halogen over to kips so he could see how well it worked he has not stopped talking about it yet, with good reason. You see what you are cooking at a glance; yes I am the one with big meals. 1 meal a day. It’s so easy to use and clean so far I have not messed any thing up fingers x I have not used my gas oven since by the time the oven heated up the meal was half cooked in the halogen

Gas cooker 30 mins to get hot for cooking 30 mins of gas wasted before you start to cook 7 days a week 365x30 = 10950 mins 182.5 hours of gas wasted in one year that’s a lot of gas tell me I am not saving

Halogen aprox 2 mins to be at full heat.

Keep Cooking it’s only Practice. Sheba dog

Edited by sheba-dog

omg here we go :| the user Sheba dog might want a word in your ear UK with a lump of lead out the end of his 410 remmington :D

Oh. . .

:grin:

WARNING TO ALL