Unfair Charges update

little cat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks again to everyone who helped me when I first posted on this board (see 26th July for original posting). I took your advice and sent my £10 cheque with a request for all documents pertaining to my account to be sent to me within the 40 day time limit. It seems they cashed the cheque as part of my monthly payment and as yet... the 40 days will be up 14th September... I have received nothing from them, only a letter saying I'm £10 behind in my monthly payment. I've been back in touch with the CAB who are acting on my behalf but have yet to hear back from them. Any suggestions as to what I can do next?

Once again, all help gratefully received.

well they aren't in breach of the data protection act yet but there is no harm in sending them a reminder that you are still waiting to your data disclosure and a warning that if the data is not forthcoming -- and on time -- that you will take the necessary court action to enforce your request.

Only make this threat if you are prepared to carry it out. otherwise don't bother

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. Update to Nat West problem. The 40 day period from requesting documents pertaining to myself and the account in question (see original posting for details), is up and I've heard nothing from them. ( I know they received the letter as the cheque enclosed has been paid). I have written a letter telling them so and will be taking the matter further, consulting with CAB. What can I expect now? I can't afford to take them to court, but they have broken the law. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm unsure when I can get to see the CAB and anything I can do before seeing the CAB would help speed things up.

Hope this all makes sense

Cheers again for any help.

Hello again. Update to Nat West problem. The 40 day period from requesting documents pertaining to myself and the account in question (see original posting for details), is up and I've heard nothing from them. ( I know they received the letter as the cheque enclosed has been paid). I have written a letter telling them so and will be taking the matter further, consulting with CAB. What can I expect now? I can't afford to take them to court, but they have broken the law. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm unsure when I can get to see the CAB and anything I can do before seeing the CAB would help speed things up.

Hope this all makes sense

Cheers again for any help.

I think you need to contact their SAR team recorded delivery quoting the original request and when the cheque was cashed and state that to date you have received nothing. Give them 7 days or complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf