Debt company calling my mobile

Steve25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A debt company has been phoning me on my mobile every day, they are chasing a Barclaycard debt from 2000 the guy is one of those smarmy types who always has an anwser and be littles you. Is there any way of stopping these calls (it is my business mobile so I have to answer, I am a self empolyed taxi driver)

Steve25

we had the same problem with british gas ringing my husband on his work mobile sometime 12 times a day we told the over the phone and wrote to them asking them to only communicate through writting then when that didnt work we sent them the hassassment letter then when that didnt work we reported them to the omnbusman eventually they stopped after that. if your debt is from 2000 and you have not paid anything on it it should be statue barred any way. next time they ring ask them to post all the details because you dont remember any debt and even if they can prove it , its statue barred and you are going to report them to the banking omnbusman

A debt company has been phoning me on my mobile every day, they are chasing a Barclaycard debt from 2000 the guy is one of those smarmy types who always has an anwser and be littles you. Is there any way of stopping these calls (it is my business mobile so I have to answer, I am a self empolyed taxi driver)

Steve25

Write to the firm in question stating that you no longer give them permission to contact you via the telephone and that any subsequent calls will be deemed as harassment. Also stick this in for good effect:

" As I am sure you are aware, Harassment of Debtors is a criminal offence in England and Wales under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Furthermore, continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

In addition every individual has a right to be free from harassment under s1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. "

Steve25

When was the last time you made a payment ? You say it is from 2000 if no payment has been made since then it will be statute barred.

I have not made any payments, but they say they have written to me at my old address three years ago.

The key is if YOU have written, they could have done so a million times; it doesn't class as an acknowledgement.

Send that statute barred letter via recorded delivery and do nothing else :)