• Tweets

• Just realized that the deadline for paying the £59.00 trial fee has passed on the May 17th. But when contacting the helpline this week, I was told the court hearing date is still on? By now, I have fully realized I have messed up. Should I just drop this case and go after Interparcel?
    • Just as the title says, if ever there was a good reason to ditch Micro$oft and move to Linux then this is it :-   Giving Windows total recall is a privacy minefield • The Register WWW.THEREGISTER.COM It's only a preview, and maybe it should stay there ... forever Help is available, most modern PC's can run a version of Linux suitable for your needs and it is not difficult to use or learn. Ubuntu is popular, new version is very modern Garuda Linux is the one I use, based on Arch, rolling release, bang up to date. I have friends and acquaintances, old and young, PC Literate and not. Most people who try it never go back to Windows Hamster
    • I've had to hide two of your posts.  Anyone clicking on your links gets sent to external sites.  On top of that your real name is showing on one screenshot.  Fellow Site Team member dx100uk has already politely asked - Anyway, jk2054 wants to see the communication you got from your local court which will have told you about the hearing date of 17 June, and will have mentioned a deadline for filing your Witness Statement.
    • I believe it is helpful to seek guidance from a range of places and decide on the validity of the sources and frequency of responses which are most helpful. A single voice can be a dangerous thing. As, of course, can groupthink. Scott, it feels like £4k on a solicitor for a £1.5k bill is overkill. Were we back in time I'd suggest small claims court as your claim sounds like it may be straightforward? By all means add that phrase on. I also suggest you contact the court and go and sit in on a couple of similar cases to get a better understanding before you shell out.
    • a card should be 16 digits...urm... note your dates above please. do not miss them no matter what happens  ......................... pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . .use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt or Util debt]  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help needed court on the 28th sept

tiger33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i took out a secured loan on my house for £85000,but over the last 18 months i haven,t been able to pay anything to them,so the arrears are £22000,i buried my head in the sand thinking they,ed forgotten about it as its been so long in contacting me,work as picked up and my wife is hopefully going to get a job before the court date so what i need is help filling in my defence form and help in what letters i should be sending out at this stage

also the £22000 arrears has ppi payments included in it and in the t&c the policy becomes void if you are 3 months behind,so can i dispute the amount of arrears,

also i,ve got a miss selling of the ppi claim with the FOS,can i use this in my defence?as i,ve already had two claims upheld by the FOS against other banks,so i,am hopeful that this one will go in my favour and the ppi payments i,ve made which is about £7000 can go towards the arrears and £190 a month could go towards the arrears instead of for ppi

Hi, you have a couple of weeks before you have to enter your N11M defence form and I can help you with that (Q.27 is the most important part - your defence statement).

However, I need to know the following before we can get to work:

1. Is the loan in joint names?

2. Is there also a mortgage on the property and if so is it up to date?

3. Do you have any children?

4. Given that the PPI claim may not be settled before the hearing are you able to commence payments + an amount towards the arrears each month?

5. You say your wife may have a job before the hearing - has she had an offer?

6. Do you have any documents from the FOS regarding the PPI claim?

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

1 yes the loan is in joint names

2 yes there is a morgage on it and i,am 2 months behind(£1400)

3 yes two children 10 and 17

4 yes i,ll be able to make payments and an amount off the arrears but not till the 18th sept

5 no firm offer but her mate works there and she said the,ll be no problems

6 yes,i,ve got all the letters off them and i,ve sent them a copy of the letter for repossession so they will hopefully look at it fairly quickly

thanks so much for your time

Hi, given we have a couple of weeks before your defence has to be in I think you should write to the lender telling them you can start to make payments on 18th September. This will help your defence if you can show you have tried to negotiate with them.

How much is the monthly payment and how much can you afford to pay extra each month towards the arrears?

If you need help with the letter let me know and I'll draft one for you.

Ell

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, what was the reason for the arrears?

I'll draft the letter :)

OK, I'll do the letter.

In the meantime, can you fill in the affixed budget sheet as you'll need to send that with your letter. Remember the £200 you are offering towards the arrears each month is the amount left over after everything else has been paid.

(If you're anywhere near me, you can come and plaster my son's bedroom!)

Budget Sheet.xls

Affixed is the letter. You need to send by recorded delivery - keep a copy of the letter and budget sheet and also print off the signature receipt from the royalmail website - keep the receipt safe with your letter.

Tiger33 letter.doc

Hi, no problem with helping you with the forms. You will be OK to take them to the court next week. Just wait a few days to see if you get a reply to the letter - when did you post it? Have you checked on the royalmail website to see if they've signed for it?

OK, if there's no reply by Wednesday/Thursday we'll get the forms filled in.

hi,had a phone saying they would be prepared to take £300 per month off the arrears,the thing is this might to streching my budget,so should i say no and stick with my offer of £200,i,am just looking at the court papers and could you please help me.

question 2. disputing the claim,can i use the ppi payments that i have paid in to dispute the amount of the arrears or do i have no right to dispute the claim?

question 27 whats the best thing to say about suffering exceptional hardship if i was forced to move immediately.

do i have to fill in both fills for me and my wife?

Hi there, stick to the offer you can afford - they will always try to get more out of you!.

Re the court papers, just fill in one set and write your wife's name next to yours (or underneath).

The hearing is for the arrears situation, unless you dispute that you are in arrears there is no point in ticking the box for dispute. The PPI claim can be mentioned in your defence if you wish, but is a separate issue to the arrears.

I can draft a statement for Q.27 if you'd like me to, but it will be later on today if that's OK?

You will need a copy of the letter you sent and the proof of receipt. Did you send a budget sheet with the letter?

Ell

Hi there, nearly finished the statement. Are there any charges in the amount they say is arrears?

When you fill in the financial questions 17 -25 make sure you use the same figures you put in the budget sheet you sent with the letter.

Hi there, affixed is the statement - you need to put the information in the boxes at the top (it will be on the court papers) and remove the XXX's. Also you need to put your name where there are XXX's in the body of the statement.

On the copy of the letter you sent them & the proof of receipt, write the claim number on the top left hand side and Appendix 1 on the top right hand side.

At Q.27 write (see affixed statement).

Assemble as follows:

N11M form

Statement for Q.27

Copy of letter and proof of postage - Appendix 1

Now take a copy of all of it and staple each set - take one set to the court by hand asap.

Also affixed is a copy of the Cheltenham & Gloucester v Norgan case law which is quoted in the statement. This ruling gives judges the power to order that the arrears be paid over the remaining term of the mortgage if he sees fit. This paper is for your information only do not give it in to court, just read it so you understand what it's about.

Any questions, just shout.

Ell

Tiger33 N11M Q.27 Statement.doc

Cheltenham & Cloucester v Norgan.doc

good news,the fos have sent me a letter today stateing that 1st plus have agreed to settle my complaint about ppi,fos state that 1st plus have to settle it based on the general approach that the fos takes when they decide that a consumer has been mis-sold ppi,in the letter it says 1st might be busy so they may take up to 8 weeks,hope i,am not jumping the gun but will the judge take this in account when i go on monday.

Hi there, that's good news :) how much are you expecting to receive from 1st plus

We can do an up to date statment for you to give to the judge on monday with a copy of your letter and advise him of the payment you anticipate receiving within 8 weeks.

Will do, back shortly, just about to have dinner.