Fishman123 vs barclaycard ex MSDW

fishman123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is in breach of the illegible documents stuff which I will have to look up for you, or someone else will supply.

I can't read it at all. However this is the bog standard application form, which does have some variations, and they say the other stuff was on the back, but it looks like a cut and paste to me. Can you read any of it?

The very fact that they have reduced it so much it is illegible speaks for itself.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?195977-Chris-v-Morgan-Stanley-(urgent-help-Please)

Sorry if I have already sent this link. Does your front look like this? I can see the back doesn't, but I have seen that back before in several places and quite often the boxes don't quite line up so you can see it's a cut and paste. I was on loads of MSDW threads but many of them have been quiet and I can't remember what was where, so I am looking through my subscribed threads. I'll post more links when I find them so you can do the comparisons.

But the main point you have here is the illegibility.

Hi Fishy,

That could hardly look any MORE of a cut and paste job to me. It looks like someone has taken a copy from the Microfiche and then typed the stuff on to the bottom of the 2nd page.

Compared to the copy posted in D Daniella's link in post #53, it looks so wrong, with the different original printed text and the added text in a very different type font.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

This bit -

The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies ofDocuments) Regulations 1983 (SI 1557) states:

2. Legibility ofnotices and copy documents and wording of Prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering inevery notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of anexecuted agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in theAct and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of theAct shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which isreadily distinguishable from the .

But you should also add all the other things too.

Hi Fishy,

Don't rely on illegibility alone.

As well as that, you can say the document is clearly not original as it's been interfered with; it's not a credit agreement but an application form lacking the required Prescribed Terms; given the age of the a/c (pre 2007), they need to provide the original doc't for any legal enforcement.

If the DN was faulty for any reason, include that too.

Keep it short and to-the-point.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Told them it doesn't come close to satisfying my request and any litigation will be defended.

Had a reply back that my acc has been placed on hold while they consult other internal and external departments.

Thanks Fishy and keep us posted.

• 2 years later...

All went quiet until a begging letter from Lowell today telling me they will accept £30 per month, thanks but no thanks.

My last payment to BC was April 2009 so this is now SB isn't it? Question is, do I tell them or just ignore them? No doubt they will say it's 6 years from default.

Can I just say thanks to all who helped over the past few years, it has been very much appreciated.

Hi Fishy,

Last pay't in April 2009 makes the a/c probably SB'd by now. Post #10 said they defaulted the a/c in Aug 2009 so you should be in the clear. If Lowells had anything that they thought made the a/c enforceable, they'd have taken action by now.

To be on the safe side, I'd ignore Lowell's letter for now.

Maybe send the SB letter from the Library but no need for that yet.

Edited by slick132
2009 !

Hi Fishy,

Re Lowells, I'd leave it for now. If they take court action, SB is an absolute defence.

What you could do instead is write to BC and the CRA's to complain that the default date is incorrect and should be amended to reflect the Aug 2009 date that Mercers set. Accordingly, if they fail to correct the situation immediately you will take further action which may include a court claim for damages.