Illegal distress on car - reclaiming fee's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wondered if someone could advise me please

I am currently being persued by Jacobs Bailiffs for unpaid council tax two times over for 2 years. The first is for one months (so original bill was for 100ish plus court costs but with bailiff fees came to over £400. )

I sent for the breakdown of costs and it says,

Visit fee 1 and 2 .. which I can't do anything about and is paid.

then they have attendance 90.00 and waiting 40.00. Levy fee (on a vehicle that wasn't mine) 31.00 and Sch 5 Head H 24.50.

I have paid ALL of this off now. BUT I have since sent them a copy of the letter I recieved from the DVLA stating that the car they levied on was not mine or my partners nor was it registered at our address. and they have only removed the levy fee £31.00 and the Sch 5 Head 24.50.

Why haven't they given me back the attendance and Waiting? as far as I'm aware Bailiffs can only charge for this is a levy has been made, and the levy was proven to be illegal. Also, all the charges were made on the same day. So they charged for attendance before even knowing they were going to Levy. I strongly believe that the Bailiff fabricated the vehicle registration number. The DVLA have told us that the car in question is not registered in our part of the country.

Also, I don't have a road outside my house, no driveway, there is an area of road that people park their vehicles on but there would be no way of assuming which car belongs to which house as it is not near the houses.

sorry my post seems to gone on a bit, but I'm pulling my hair out here!