virgin cut off after a couple of days!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi.... any one else had this? i was installed for vm after getting their 20 meg broad band only package, £15 pm for 3 month and £20 thereafter, plus my £30 install charge, "dont worry all will be payed on your first bill" eh no matey, for 3 days all was well... then nothing, just a green flashing light.... so i recon fault?

give it a day or two... still nothing, phone customer service... no faults there??

then after almost 2 weeks i get a letter :o... i have gone £1.25 over my credit limit??

wtf?

my bill arrived the same day too brilliant, due on the 11th of september a balance of £61.25, one month of service plus one month advanced = £30 plus £30 install fee and a couple of quid for having paper bills.

called customer services, basically got told pay the balance now for service, told them to bolt i'll pay the dd when it states on the bill, suggested that i'd consider paying the £1.26 to bring it under the 60 lol didnt go down well... was put thru to the credit dept, was then informed if i pay £14 they will restore services... my thoughts are if they are going to cut me off for 2 weeks over £1.25 knowing they set the limit at 60 and i would go over the limit in a matter of days there's no way i am lining some creditors bonus pockets to reduce it... they can wait, then before my 30 days are up i feel i should cancel, currently still cut off.. waited my 24 hours for the crap "wait 24 hours and the limit will go up" feable statement was made, good customer service for new customers?? no chance!

any one else partaken in the joke known as the £1.25 virgin media experience??? maybe its coz i never took a bigger package? he's not spending enough so we dont give a damn

This is an amzingy funny story.

Extremely unfair of them. I should contact the regulator immediately and also complain under CPUT.

However, your only immediate solution will be to pay the bill now.

What a disorganised company they are. Essentially this means that any new Virgin subscriber will have an automatic £60 deducted from their credit limit in the first month. What a way to treat new customers

Te next thing you know is that they wil be charging you a reconnection fee.

yeah and that would be shining brightly in the sky... it would be chucking it down blue snow before i ever paid em a recon fee if they slapped me with one of those.

if they wanted the bill payed on the 25th then they should have printed that on the bill, conciquently they put the 11th of september on it, they put the limit on it and surely even before it was installed knew that the package would have put it over and i would be cut off... i think i will e-mail [email protected] see if i get anywhere

or if anyone has any better e-mail contacts let me know, i want reconnected.. a discount for lack of net for 2 weeks. i dont think thats unreasonable

I think that their system effectively deprives you of a month's service which means that you pay one month for nothing. You should claim this back from them

OMFG!

i am back online, i publicly slated virgin media on twitter lol yes twitter they have an account... moaned at em and got replies.. 2 hours later problem sorted :o now i just need to moan at em more for some pennies back for my inconvinience :)

Nice result!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

as an update to my scenario with virgin media i had a folow up e-mail ffrom them today from their twitter team with a frank apology and a months service on my next invoice.

" Really sorry to hear that you've had so many issues, when having your account for such a short period of time. I'm going to put all this straight for you now.

In regards to the credit limit on your account, this should have been advised when setting up your account initially. As during this mix up you were left without service I think we really need to make sure you've not paid anything. To make sure I've fully covered that for you I have applied a full months service for you, which you will see on your next statement.

As a new customer I feel we should be more helpful with credit limits, rather than just going by the book all the time. I've taken time to pass your details to our collections team, so they can review how they handle calls like yours. "

i am stunned that using a social neworking site like twitter can have faster and better results than calling the customer service department :)

i wonder if my bank manager would give me a bigger over draft if he had a twitter account? lol

• 11 months later...

They are pretty useless, they told me because I had the 50mb broadband I had to pay extra on the connection fee, as they had to send the engeneers on extra training to install the fast internet. Also The gave me a 130 pound (stirling) credit limit, but disconnected me when I was 2 days late with a £45 bill, dispite telling me I could use £130 pounds before I would be cut off. No so much bastards, as not knowing whats going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Also be aware that unless you disconnect your router, you might have problems using a wireless dongle to connect to the internet in the meantime as Virgin Media block your connection.

This might also mean disconnecting all of the Virgin Media equipment.

I discovered this during a period of hardship as I went over my credit limit and they reduced my services. It also meant that as my printer and other computers were on a metwork throught the router, I couldnt use my equipment!!