style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here it goes.

This is for a friend who does not have internet access and I have been asked to get abit of advice for him.

The car is purchased on HP.

Now the car is on his name and so is the finance (my Friend), his friend who was insured to drive his car was involved in an accident, the police were called etc.

Now his friend did say that he would pay for the payments as he was driving the car when the accident occurred.

The insurance company are investigating the accident.

Now his friend who had the accident can no longer pay or is not paying the installments as agreed verbally with some witnesses.

Also his friend who had the accident took all the paperwork and keys as he said the insurance companies investigator wanted to look at all the documents for the car.

His friend has sold the car without the knowledge of my friend who only found out when he say it advertised on Ebay. The car is now SOLD and my friend has no car and is currently paying for a car which he no longer has.

His question is that he has not told the finace company the car was SOLD without his knowledge or the Police as his friend said he would pay for the car but is no longer doing.

What can my friend do, Does he still have to pay the finace for the car he no longer has.

What can he do legally to his friend who had the accident so the finace is on him.

Thanks for looking and advice welcome.

if the car was on finance it remain the property of the finance co and should not be sold unless a certain level of payments have been reached

if you live in scotland things are slightly diff.

time to come clean to the finace co me thinks,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

report it as stolen.

Has your friend(A) have any docs (log book etc,finance agreement).

When you say the friend(B) was insured to drive car was he actually named on your friends(A) policy or was friend(B) driving it as third party extension?

Hi,

His friend (B) was driving as a third party extension.

He has the finance documents but gave the rest to friend B as he said the insurance assessor requires the documnets to look at.

So friend B sold the car with the documents and my friend A did not know anything until he saw it advertised.

If he reports it as stolen & tell the finance company would he still have to carry on paying for the car until it is resolved and at the moment my friend A is currently paying for the car he does not have.

I did say to him that report it to the police the your friend B SOLD your car without your knowledge and also tell the finace comapny, but he is a bit worried what they may say.

Thanks