You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

welshwizard

Getting back to work

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4003 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have been on Incapacity and Income Support for a number of years because of medical problems. In the last few years I have been able to manage my condition and now feel that I am ready to get back to work - I can heartily recommend Chronic Pain Management Programmes! (I am also fed up of being broke and reliant on benefits)

I have a job lined up but someone told me that I can get extra help to get back into work. I don't wan to show my hand to the DWP until I am due to start the job - what can I get (in terms of help to get back to work) and when should I tell the DWP?

Many thanks

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

You haven't given enough information for anyone to say for sure, but it's certainly worth investigating Return to Work Credit. This is a payment of £40 per week for up to 52 weeks, provided your job is expected to last more than 5 weeks and that you will earn less than £15,000 per year. It can be paid (in the right circumstances) to people who are signing off from IB, ESA, and IS paid due to incapacity. There is also the possibility of a Job Grant, and in many cases any Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit can be extended for 4 weeks after you return to work.

Although not administered by the DWP, Working Tax Credit may also be available to you - check the HMRC website for more information. All of this depends on your circumstances, so I'm in no way suggesting that you will be entitled to these things, but it's worth taking a look.

As to when you should mention it, I'm not sure it really matters. I'd tell then as soon as you are sure you have the job - you'd have to let them know when you started anyhow. If you're really worried, call your Benefit Delivery Centre and tell them you have a general inquiry about benefits, and don't give them your name or NI number. Then explain the situation as a hypothetical.

Some information here.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The council will disregard completely any return to work credit - same with the job grant.

As long as you have been receiving a relevant benefit (income support and incap benefit) is fine as advised below, for the last 6 months without a break you do indeed qualify for extended period of 4 weeks for hb/ctb. If your income is low after that it will be worth supplying payslips or a letter from your employer giving the date your employment started, gross and net salary with tax and NI contributions - not forgetting your national insurance number.

Have you thought about seeing if you qualify for disability living allowance? If you qualify for the care componant the council don't count that as income either. And you get additional premiums from the council and the working tax credits too.

• Haha 1

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Hi again

Thank you both for your help - the job I have now secured has a salary of around £23k - should I be able to claim tax credits (working or child) - I already get DLA.

Thansk again

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

This site should give you more information about Tax Credits - Working and Child.

This is a calculator to help you figure it out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.