CapQuest Stat Demand Northern Ireland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,Looking help.Have received the dreaded stat demand from capquest signed by a mr barry davis basicly saying they are going to make me bankrupt.I have printed out a cca request form & will post tomorrow with £1 postal order recorded delivery & await response.

My wife is worried sick over this & is giving me hell with me trying to reassure her it will be ok.Any advice would be greatly appreciated & has capquest ever taken anyone to court with a stat demand in northern ireland.

Thanks In Advance

Would i be right in saying that the law in northern ireland states that a stat demand must be delivered in person & not by post (as mine was)

I have also called capquest several times asking to speak to barry davies(name of contact on demand) with no luck,just got an earfull from a supposed account manager.

Could both be used to get demand set aside or do i have to go that far.

There are a few members on here in NI who'll probably join your thread shortly and explain why Capquest cannot do what they are threatening. The poster in the link I gave had a similar situation with regards to a CCJ and now he is taking them to court, now the shoe is on the other foot. :)

DO NOT SEND OFF A CCA REQUEST. If you do and this is the first notification you have had from CRAPQUEST then you will 'correct' the service of this SD. If however you have had other begging letters from CRAPQUEST then go ahead with the CCA but make NO mention of the SD. For an SD to be properly served in NI it would have to be personally served or at the very least attach an affadavit explaining why they had not succesfully served the document personally.

It is a SCARE TACTIC to get you to phone their telephone threat monkeys.

Do not fall for it. They sent a load of them out before Christmas and never followed up on them. I and others sought legal advice at the time and two seperate Morn Iron Solicitors just laughed at their crass incompetence. There were several other serious flaws in the documentation which I wont discuss but would have renedered them as inadmissable in the NI courts even if they had served them properly.

Do not worry. How much is the alleged debt for