You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

nornironway

CapQuest Stat Demand Northern Ireland

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks,Looking help.Have received the dreaded stat demand from capquest signed by a mr barry davis basicly saying they are going to make me bankrupt.I have printed out a cca request form & will post tomorrow with £1 postal order recorded delivery & await response.

My wife is worried sick over this & is giving me hell with me trying to reassure her it will be ok.Any advice would be greatly appreciated & has capquest ever taken anyone to court with a stat demand in northern ireland.

Thanks In Advance

Hi and welcome.

Not up on Northern Ireland but there are a good few on here that are, so you should get some help soon.

David

Have a read through http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/205113-capquest-ccj-letter-northern.html and you'll find what a bunch of muppets Capquest are. As for making you bankrupt in Ireland through an English court...I don't think so. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Would i be right in saying that the law in northern ireland states that a stat demand must be delivered in person & not by post (as mine was)

I have also called capquest several times asking to speak to barry davies(name of contact on demand) with no luck,just got an earfull from a supposed account manager.

Could both be used to get demand set aside or do i have to go that far.

There are a few members on here in NI who'll probably join your thread shortly and explain why Capquest cannot do what they are threatening. The poster in the link I gave had a similar situation with regards to a CCJ and now he is taking them to court, now the shoe is on the other foot. :)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Could you scan the SD, remove all personal stuff then post it up here.

(English courts have no jurisdiction in NI and only NI solicitors can take action against you in NI courts.)

How much do they say you owe them?

DO NOT SEND OFF A CCA REQUEST. If you do and this is the first notification you have had from CRAPQUEST then you will 'correct' the service of this SD. If however you have had other begging letters from CRAPQUEST then go ahead with the CCA but make NO mention of the SD. For an SD to be properly served in NI it would have to be personally served or at the very least attach an affadavit explaining why they had not succesfully served the document personally.

It is a SCARE TACTIC to get you to phone their telephone threat monkeys.

Do not fall for it. They sent a load of them out before Christmas and never followed up on them. I and others sought legal advice at the time and two seperate Morn Iron Solicitors just laughed at their crass incompetence. There were several other serious flaws in the documentation which I wont discuss but would have renedered them as inadmissable in the NI courts even if they had served them properly.

Do not worry. How much is the alleged debt for

just a note

i am not up to speed on Northern Ireland well actually i know absolutely nothing about it however did you received a notice of assignment from original creditor,

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

Do have a look at the thread linked to by Cerberusalert - it shows what an expensive mistake Capquest made in issuing an SD in NI incorrectly.