• Tweets

• Know it has already been answered, but? Does not explain why JCI has registered a different default date when they get the information from the original creditor, Virgin
    • Since you were stopped at the time there is no requirement for the police give you anything there and then or to send you anything before they have decided how to deal with the offence.  They have three choices: Offer you a course Offer you a fixed penalty (£100 and three points) Prosecute you in court  The only option that has a formal time limit is (3). They must begin court proceedings within six months of the date of the alleged offence. Options (1) and (2) have no time limit but since the only alternative the police have if you decline those offers is (3) they will not usually offer a course beyond three months from the date of the offence and will not usually offer a fixed penalty beyond four months from that date. This is so as to allow time for the driver to accept and comply with their offer and to give them the time to go to option (3) if he declines or ignores it.  Unless there is a good reason to do otherwise, the action they take will usually be in accordance with the National Police Chiefs' Council's guidance on speeding enforcement. In a 40mph limit this is as follows Up to 45mph - no action. Between 46mph and 53mph - offer a course Between 54mph and 65mph - offer a fixed penalty Over 65mph - prosecution in court So you can see that 54mph should see you offered a fixed penalty. Three weeks is not overly long for a fixed penalty offer to arrive. As well as that, there has been Easter in that period which will have slowed things down a bit. However, I would suggest that if it gets to about two months from the offence date and you have still heard nohing, I would contact the ticket office for the area where you were stopped to see if anything has been sent to you. Of course this raises the danger that you might be "stirring the hornets' nest". But in all honesty, if the police have decided to take no action, you jogging their memory should not really influence them. The bigger danger, IMHO, is that your fixed penalty offer may have been sent but lost and if you do not respond it will lapse. This will see the police revert to option (3) above. Whilst there is a mechanism in these circumstances  to persuade the court to sentence you at the fixed penalty level (rather than in accordance with the normal guidelines which will see a harsher penalty), it relies on them believing you when you say you did not received an offer. In any case it is aggravation you could well do without so for the sake of a phone call, I'd enquire if it was me.  I think I've answered all your questions but if I can help further just let me know. Just a tip - if you are offered a fixed penalty be sure to submit your driving licence details as instructed. I've seen lots of instances where a driver has not done this. There will be no reminder and no second chance; your £100 will be refunded and the police will prosecute you through the courts.
    • Looks similar to you original email to their Complaints team. I dont rate copypasta for a CEO complaint. Rewrite it with emotion involved as to how badly this is affecting you and make them feel embarrassed for their actions... 
    • Well, not quite the trouncing they deserve, and Andy Street suffering - despite distancing himself from the poops and being a good mayor (and despite the rather ridiculous muslim voter labour boycott across regions - did they really want the tories to stay in power?) - But not bad at all The Reformatory goons managed two council seats didn't it - out of over 300 they tried for ..     
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap Quest Judgment order?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have came across this forum a few weeks ago. If only I knew about this forum years ago.

Any way I have recieved a letter at my old address which, as I know the postman was sent/forwarded to my new address.

I got into a lot of trouble with credit when I was younger 10years+ ago.

However sold my property at the time and paid off my debts.

Dear Skintsuzi

Debt purchased from HBOSplc

Balance due 1048.77

Judgment sum 386.99

On the 01 Sep 08 a judgment order was obtained against you which represented only a part of the balance due as we endeavored to keep legal costs to a minimum so that we did not place further financial burden upon you.

The court Judgment order may now be passed back to our solicitors HL legal to start enforcement proceedings. If this is necessary we will seek to enforce an order of warrant of execution.

In this event that we do obtain a warrant of execution, a court enforcement officer (bailiff) will be assigned to attend your address and carry out the warrant. The baliff will take an inventory and levy goods. You will be informed that the Baliff has impounded gooods and you will be asked to sign a walking possesion agreement, acknowledging that the impounding goods are in the possesion of the bailiff. If full payment or a satisfactory payment plan is not made, the bailiff is authorised to remove the goods for sale to pay the debt and costs.

As you will appreciate we have already commited to use the court process and this will continue. By obtaining judgment it has prevented the judgment amount from becoming statue barred for a further 6 years, meaning we can still enforce the judgment for that time or longer with the courts permission.

We have endeavoured to be fair and reasonable ever since your account has been placed with us, and as one last concillary effort to settle your account we are prepared to accept the following

1. Pay the 386.99 by a one off payment or by installment that you can maintain

2. Contact us by the 29th Jun 09 with your acceptable proposals to this offer.

In return, as soon as the amount of 386.99 has been paid we will

1 Accept this as full and final settlement

2 Write off the remaining balance

3 Update your credit file with a part settled flag

4 Update the judgment as satisfied

This situatio will not go away until such time as you contact us and come to an arrangement to settle your account. If you are in financial diffuclty we will understand, but contact must be made by 29 jun 09 to stop further action and save you more expense and a possible visit from the court baliffs.

If no contact is made further action will be taken

Yours sincerley

Legal Department

Obviously I have not contacted them, and recieved no paperwork from any court, they have sent this to my old address.

What is a judgment order?

Should I contact them and if so what do I say?

If they send out bailiffs I am no longer at that address.

I have no idea what this debt if for

Any advice, suggestions will be much appreciated.

Edited by Skintsuzi

Hi SKint,

first of all don't panic we don't have baliiffs up here :rolleyes:

the first thing is you need to find out if they do have any judgement against you.

have you checked your credit file lately? or can you call the local sheriff court to you old address to check to see if they has been ay decree awarded against you.

if they have got a decree then you certainly would have grounds for a set aside if you have proof they sent it to your old address after you moved and certainly can then deal with the court papers which we can help you with.

can you remember when the last time you would have made a payment towards the hbos debt?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida

Thanks for your response. I have just sent away for all my credit reports today. So will wait and see what i have on there!!

Last payment would have been at the very latest sometime 2002.

Im so glad i have found this site , having lots of harrasing phone calls and letters from debt collecters which I assumed i had settled when i sold my house in 1998 to pay them all off.

in that case its would be statute barred so have a good defence.

anyhoo lets us know when you have your CF and we can take it from there

have a read aroung the forums and you will find many people who are in or have been in the same situation but prob if yiu have not had any contact in over 5 years they will all be statute barred :D

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to ask Northampton Court for the form to 'set aside' the judgement, as they have abused the county court proceedings. You just tell them they have split the claim claiming legal costs first and then the rest of the amount. They will tell you what to do next, or somebody else on this forum will. You might need to fill in an N244 to 'vary the judgement' which would get it transferred to your local court and you can screw them in return.

wait a mo the op is in scotland.

Northampton have no jurisdiction in scotland

i'll be back,

Ida x

if you have lived in Scotland for more than 3 months the you will need apply to have this set aside using the N244 (there is a fee of £75)

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244_e.pdf

you would need to use this at number three:

I am applying for the ccj to be set aside because it is denied that this court has jurisdiction. I reside at [insert your full postal address]. This is my principal or main home and I am domiciled here for the purpose of section 41 of the Civil Jurisdiction & Judgments Act 1982 ('the 1982 Act'). It is alleged that a contractual agreement was entered into with the plaintiff. Paragraph 3(4) to schedule 8 of the 1982 Act provides as follows: "(4) Proceedings may be brought against a consumer by the other party to the contract only in the courts for the place where the consumer is domiciled or any court having jurisdiction under rule 2(i)". Rule 2(i) concerns moveable property which has been arrested and is not applicable. Paragraph 3(6) does not apply. Accordingly, this action is incompetent for want of jurisdiction and should have be dismissed with expenses in favour of the defendant.

At no time have I received any correspondance from the plaintiff or the Court at my address and have only recevntly discovered that a CCJ was granted by checking my credit files.

Ida x

Hi All

Just thought I would give you an update. I recieved a letter today from capquest.

Dear Skintsuzi

Account xxxxxxx

Balance 968.11

Debt purchased from HBOS plc

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

With reference to your email dated . I can confirm that the legal action was issued on the balance of 299.99 in Northampton County Court and Judgment was obtained on 1 September 2008. I can also confirm that we have advised our solicitors to remove judgment from your name as it has been obtained in error.

I apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Your Sincerley

Legal support Associate

Does this mean they will take this off my credit file also?