Lloyds Credit Card - valid CCA, then settlement offered.

allets
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an update on this continuing saga.

From the previous postings on this topic, re letter from Lloyds, then a reply to them, letter from SC & M and a reply back to them, see below:

Another demanding letter appeared through the letterbox today from MHA Collections.

Do these people ever give up? Or is it a tactic which mainly pays off for the people who do not know of this forum?

I am sure though that as more and more of the general public find out about this forum, it just creates a larger and larger headache for the OC's and DCA's.

This is the reply I am sending to them, which is what I sent to SC & M, obviously amended with new address and date, etc.

2009-02-26 SCM reply to my offer letter.pdf 2009-03-25 LLoyds debt MHA letter.pdf

• 3 months later...

Hello fellow Caggers.

I sent for and received a valid CCA for my credit card back in March.

Surprise surprise, because it was valid, it was received in the specific timescale, with all the details correct. Now if it was invalid, I would still be waiting for it (like most of the other creditors I am dealing with). Anyway I digress.

Yesterday I received a full and final settlement offer without prejudice of £4,700 ( I owe them just over £9,000) provided I pay it within the next 10 days.

I am currently paying them £25 per month as arranged for the next 6 months.

It does seem tempting but as I can't afford do pay this, then I will be declining the offer.

Does this seem a good deal and would there be any strings attached?

Could I make them a lower offer? If I could manage to wittle them down to 10% I might be able to manage to pay that.

What do you think?

Regards,

Allets.

Bump

Well you havent got anything to lose by putting forward a counter offer have you?

I would try it and see what they say.

Write them a letter telling them you cant afford £4,700 but could pay the debt off if they were willing to accept a f and f settlement of £1,000 (or whatever you can afford). Alternatively you will continue to pay £25 and you dont see your financial position changing in the foreseeable future.

Remember to add the condition that it is removed from your credit file too.

And make sure that you sound confident and in control and give them a deadline to respond to you or the offer will be withdrawn.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

• 13 years later...

An update to this long running debacle.

I CCA'd the current DCA ( IDEM) back in May 2022 as with other debts and increasing gas, electric, etc I was struggling to pay the monthly payment to them.

Nothing was heard after the deadline for a response, so I left it at that.

I received a letter from Hoist Finance stating that they had taken over the Debt from IDEM and should resume payment to the account.

I then replied back to them (Hoist Finance) that I request a copy of my CCA, this was at the end of October.

I received a reply on 12 November 2022, stating that they will contact me when they can provide me with a response.

Sure enough I got a reply yesterday along with a copy of my CCA. 

All the details seem correct along with my signature and date ( see attachments).

obviously I have deleted all information, but everything is crystal clear on the document I received.

How do I proceed with this?

If anything, it has given me a break from payments since June, but I was hoping for a better outcome.

Regards,

Allets.

hoist CCa return.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Lloyds Credit Card - valid CCA, then settlement offered.

that's not a CCA ...it's an application form that does not have all  the required prescribed terms etc to make it a CCA .

shame you assumed 13 yrs ago that was enforceable, you've been a nice cash cow to various DCA all theses years, no wonder they sold it on, here you have some free money, this mug has been coughing up nicely to use for 13yrs...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

FWIW a set of T&C's are NOT a replacement of the prescribed terms which must appear within a CCA regulated agreement.

that CCA is an application form devoid of all the necessary prescribed terms

you've been had, wrongly assuming it met enforceability....cash cowed.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread tidied

and they

god no do not ever tip them off.

dx

and they