Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


2 Neutral

1 Follower

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. OK, thanks for that will CCA them all and I will post up all the info I receive from them. Allets.
  2. Looks like I have been taken for a mug then. If it is indeed defaulted, This DCA along with the others that I am paying, once CCA'ed they will suss out what I am up to and seeing as they are all statute barred, they can't come after me for any more money, and all of this wont affect my credit file? I know that with cabot, I would be near to having paid what I "owed" them, other DCA's are long way off.
  3. Hi dx100uk. I didn't know about the above. Do I request a new CCA from Cabot? Are you also suggesting that I stop payments to Cabot until this is sorted out? I have since then built up a good credit rating from the reference agencies and would not like to turn this sour again. It took some time to get straight. Allets.
  4. Hello Fellow Caggers. A brief outline of what is happening. Back in 2008, I defaulted on a few credit cards and managed to write a few of them off with the "not signed a credit agreement" . However my Natwest credit card had a copy of my signed agreement, some months later Natwest sold the debt to cabot. I set up a standing order and agreed to pay £20 per month. This has been paid every month since then. Today I received a letter from bpo collections stating "to recover the outstanding amount of £3***.** owed to cabot". They would like the outstanding amount to be settled in full. I can't settle in full, but I am ok to continue with the monthly payment of £20.00. If I have a 100% track record of making the monthly payments for 13 years or more, why have they authorised another DCA to collect the full outstanding amount? I can't afford to pay more than the £20 that I am already paying, I am not in arrears with cabot, what is going on? Allets.
  5. Thanks for the info. I knew it had been introduced recently, but didn't think it was so far back. This will determine the answers that i will put in the form. Quite a lot of goal posts and hoops to go through as usual, not holding out much hope. Regards, Allets.
  6. Hello all Caggers. I have not posted on here for a while, but tend to look around from time to time. As most of you will already know there is currently a payout going on with the mess with switching claimants from incapacity benefit to ESA. We filled in the long winded form and sent it back to DWP in December. Around a week ago, we received the B16 form to fill in and send back. When did the DWP start counting their partners earnings and adding ESA to the combined income of the household? I seem to remember in the not to distant past, my partner who was on Invalidity Benefit which then changed to Incapacity Benefit and finally (at this present time) is Employment and Support Allowance, used to be classed as only them receiving the benefit, not taking into account any earnings that I earn. Does someone know what date this happened? I am curious to know, before I fill out the B16. Regards, Allets.
  7. As a further update to this thread. I fired a letter off to Lowell and in it a mild complaint that the documents supplied were not a true copy of my CCA. I got a couple of these back in November and December. Then I have had two weeks spread over January in hospital and received this whilst in hospital. What do you have to do for them to take notice that until they get their procedure of the law followed to the letter, with everything correct, the action they request will not be complied with. I have until this Saturday to respond to the above letter. Allets.
  8. Thanks for the reply. Will get another letter off to them at the end of the week re-stating what I said in my first letter. Allets.
  9. Well I got this from Lowells today. Apart from stating that their previous letter stated that they have fulfilled their side of the deal (a photocopied application form) stating that it is a CCA, I thought I would leave it until the next letter from them which is below. Are they just trying it on? Wondering what to write next.
  10. It was issued in June 1999, when I applied for the card. Allets.
  11. Thanks for the replies. BRIGADIER2JCS: 1. It is a copy of an application form, but has an authorised signature of someone from Cap1 and my signature. Not sure it is the same as at the inception of the agreement, as I don't have a copy of my original agreement. 2. Photocopied two separate multi page documents were sent by Lowell, with date references of August 2000 on them 3. Not sent by Lowell. 4. Extra one page photocopy of "Terms of your capital One credit card agreement". 5. A current statement of the account. This is a photocopy (17 pages both sides) from inception Oct 1999 to August 2014. Allets.
  12. Just to bring you all up to speed with this. I sent off the letter exactly as DD suggested in post 41, this was on 10 Oct, as they were getting a bit shirty with their demands, it was sent special delivery to sign for. A no no for the Post office as it still has not been delivered according to their track and trace system. With that, I get a threatening letter from a sub division of theirs called RED. this was dated 10 Oct and received on 13 Oct. Here is a small sample of the letter: "We specialise in assessing accounts for litigation and will be obtaining a copy of your credit file in order to review your financial circumstances. The information within it will help us determine the best way to recover what you owe". I replied to this right away stating that I had sent DD's letter on 10 Oct and that it has got lost in the postal system. I then added to the remainder of the letter DD's text. Sent it 1st class to sign for. This was signed for on 20 Oct. This morning I received the following letter: sorry for the large image.
  13. The last communication with Citi was when I wrote to them, this was May 2009. Last letter received from Citi to me was March 2010. I don't have a debt with Citi on my CRA (Noddle.co.uk). Last payment made to Citi was back in March 2009. I wrote to Cabot at the of end Sept 2010, stating that Citi had not provided me with my CCA and they had no right in selling the debt to Cabot. Cabot wrote back to me in Oct 2010, with the following: "I understand that you previously made a request to CitiFinancial (CF) for a copy of your credit agreement in accordance with section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA). However you received a response, which stated that you no longer had the right to request this documentation". "In light of the comments in your letter, and the documents enclosed, we have contacted CF to obtain clarification on this matter. Whilst we await a response to our enquiries, please be assured that your account shall remain on hold with our Customer Assurance Team". "I trust I have set out our position clearly". This was the last letter received from Cabot. Meanwhile Cabot has increased the debt from around £9,200 in Sept 2010 to £10,700 by March 2012. It has remained at this to the present day looking at my Noddle CRA. I have not done a CCA request to Cabot. Allets.
  14. SAR posted off today. When/if I get the SAR back, is there anything specific what I should be looking for? Allets.
  15. Sorry for the late reply. Citi defaulted the account in April 2009.
  • Create New...