RED Harrassment following SAR - Txt Alerts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The annoying thing is I pay these muppets £6.95 a month so I can keep a check of my Credit Report, they even offer to help if you have any issues....

Very helpful theyve been! :-)

Ill send an email over to them now to request the details of their complaints proceedure.

Again, thanks for the pointers...

I am just about to send the following...

Thankyou for your promptual response.

I am far from happy the way in which both Lowell’s and yourselves have conducted yourselves in this matter and would like to know you procedures for making a complaint about your service.

I fully understand that you cannot get involved in disputes between alleged debtors and creditors but in my opinion if falsely submitted records are held I am well within my rights to question the authenticity, and as they were ILLEGALLY added (whist the alleged debts were in dispute) a number of guidelines as set out by the OFT have been breached.

I look forward to your reply and confirmation on how to lodge a complaint before I seek legal advice.

Edited by StokiePotter

The annoying thing is I pay these muppets £6.95 a month so I can keep a check of my Credit Report, they even offer to help if you have any issues....

Well that's two extra pints of beer you can have a month from now on!!;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I paid of a debt to Lowell/Red/Hamptons - or whatever they want to call themselves now!!

This was back in 2004 - a long time ago.

I still get the odd letter (annually) and recently had a text message asking me to contact them (Hamptons), followed by an alert from experian that someone had searched my credit file. Low and behold it turns out to be Lowell Finacial Ltd - an unrecorded search.

This debt has vanished from my credit file as you would expect after such a long period.

My question is (as a newby) what is my best course of action now?

I have read a lot of these threads and find them all amusingly real, but like many of the people using/registered on this site probably dont know where to begin. Maybe one of the learned moderators could point me in the correct direction of a template letter?? or they may even want to do a separate thread to aid such "newbies"??

Any thoughts welcome - apart from just ignoring them - would be welcome.

StokiePotter has the right idea in the last link - may I use that template?

P.

My question is (as a newby) what is my best course of action now?
Just wait until they contact you, there's no point in sending template letters until you know exactly what they're up to. ;)

Have a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html it might help you navigate around the site.

Pritchrd1,

Welcome to the site :-)

You are definately in the right place.... The easiest thing to do though is to start a new thread, this makes it easily identifiable for other people to stumble across it.

I am having a complete and utter mare with Lowells / Red / H&L and whatever they like to call themselves so I sympathise with anybody who has to deal with these muppets.

You say you have paid the debt off? do you have a record of payments etc....

Like I said, start up a thread and watch these happy "helpful" posters come along and advise you.... you cant go far wrong with the folks on here ;)

"Good Luck"

Looks like I am acyually getting somewhere....

I received the following from the Leeds Muppets today :-)

Dear Mr XXXXX

REF - XXXXXXX

We write further to our recent communication regarding the above account.

After reviewing the account, we are prepared ro take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of goodwill and strictly withut any admision of liability, we are prepared ro close the account and write-off any outstanding balance.

We trust you will find this satisfactory and that this matter is now closed, however should you have any further concerns, please do not hesitat to contact us on 0844 844 4720.

Yours Sincerely,

Ive just called at spoke to Gavin who again was surprising a pleasant chap (but was obviously reading from an autocue).... to ask about the removal of the default on my Credit File, apparently it now has nothing to do with them as the account is closed :confused:

Looks like Im gonna be faffing about trying to get the default removed now :mad: I think I may have to start charging them an hourly rate for all the running around and faffing about I have had to do....

so the default placed by them,will be left because it is nothing to do with them:rolleyes:

the default will be left,to still affect you,because you have pi**ed them off,questioned them and they have had to throw in the towel.

would start with a direct complaint to bob and ask him for a response to the stupid statement made by the lowell employee.

SAM

Sam,

Thanks again for your pointers ;-)

Ive just sent the following to Mr Collins, I have also cc'd my contact at Trading Standards.....

Wonder if Ill get a sensible reply?

Dear Sir,

Please let me introduce myself, my reference number that you will know me as, is - XXXXXX

My name is "StokiePotter" and have found myself in a position where I have been constantly harrassed by all 3 of your in-house companies (Lowells / Red & Hamptons Legal).

I was contacted by one of the aforementioned companies way back in 2006 in regards to a "debt" that you had purchased from O2 in regards to an old mobile phone account. In my wisdom, I contacted O2 direct to question the "alleged" debt but was told that, unfortuantely they were in no position to discuss the account with me as it had been "sold" to a collection agency (which was obviously either Lowells / Red / Hamptons?!)

Again, I contacted RED? to discuss the matter via telephone and requested that I was sent confirmation of the "debt" and also a breakdown of where the "alleged" amount had materialised from, I heard nothing, but was constantly barrarged with demands of payment before "The Heavy Boys" were sent around to visit me.....

I again contacted your company, but as I was concerned by your threats, I made an agreement to pay £20 per month towards the account, I again asked for proof and a full breakdown of where the figure you had quoted had come from?!? Still nothing!!

Upon making enquiries, I was informed that as you were unable to supply me with the information I requested, I was well within my rights to cease making any payments until a full breakdown was provided.

I then sent a letter to your PO Box address in Leeds on the 20th September 2008 (which is attached) this was sent via recorded post and was signed for on the 21st September 2008, I heard absolutely nothing from your company until I received a text message on the 15th July 2009, advising me to contact your office, then again on the 16th & 17th July.

I called the number quoted on the 17th July and reminded the call operator that I had requested details of the account in September the previous year and as you were now harrassing me I would make an official complaint to the OFT if it continued, true to his word the text messages ceased.

Then following a refusal for credit (to purchase a new car), I checked my Credit File to see that Lowells had registered a Default on my file, please note that I was not informed of your intentions to do so, which in itself breaks regulations as set out by the OFT, as A- I was not formally informed of your intention to add the default and B- The default was added whilst the account was in dispute.

Today (2nd September 2009) I have received a letter from Lowells (dated 27th August 2009) to inform me and I quote....

"After reviewing the account, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of goodwill and strictly without any admission of liability, we are prepared to close the account and write-off any outstanding balance"

I have just spoken to a colleague at Lowells (Gavin), to ask aout the removal of the default from my credit file, as Experian are not prepared to remove it without "your" permission (even though it was unlawfully added) and was informed that Lowells would not remove it as the account has been passed back to O2?!? but as it was Lowells who have added the default, isnt it down to you to remove?

Please could you offer some clarification in regards to the whole matter as I have every intention of making a formal complaint ot both the FOS and Trading Standards in regards to your practises, as well as looking into claiming compensation for the financial loses I have endured following the Default you have added to my Credit File.

Your prompt reply would be greatly appreciated,

Sits and waits patiently.....

Ill prob just have a txt message off them in about 12months ;)

works long hours our bob;)

cause he is trying his best to improve customer relations

to reduce all the unfortunate errors

and restoring lowell to its former status(not sure what this was:rolleyes:)

at least this is the crap he spouted last week

see what he comes back with.hopefully a sorry,case closed...grovel grovel

SAM

UPDATE....

True to his word, Mr Collins emailed me back on Monday :)

He has confirmed that the account is closed, has also personally reassured me that the default will be removed from my file (even though Gavin insisted it had bugger'all to do with them) AND..... get this....... He has also confirmed that they will be refunding me the money that I had paid to them in regards to the account so "RESULT!"

Again, thankyou for your pointers and advice, well see if the default gets removed and am waiting patiently on the refund :D

:Dyou cynic

bob wont allow another error within the lowell group

may find a further mistake is made though,instead of throwing your details out,they might go into the "send to muck hall pile"

hope not,and its the last you hear from them.

SAM