GE Woodchester Car Finance loan to Link Outsourcing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Beachy .. Me again ;)

Here is a post about assignments by PT.. It's a bit complicated but it gives all the case laws....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1274894.html

I searched the Public register for Link Financial but with the limited details available, I'm not going to say this a concrete result, but, it would appear that they do not hold a credit licence which would mean that they are probably just DCA's and 'collecting' on the account... It's also likely, if this is the case that their wording of the letter they sent you is very misleading and you may have cause for complaint at a later date..

Hopefully Nicklea will look in and give you a more 'expert opinion'

Bye for now,

Spam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the agreement is enforceable then the ppi with interest is more than the standing ballance.

If this is the case Beachy I would let them take me to court then counter-claim for the PPI.

It appears that they are not responding to your letters so just play it there way so long as your mis-selling reasons are good ones.

So ignore there letters until you get the N1 FORM though the post then counter-claim on it for the PPI.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Mornin Pompey/aa

Latest threat from LINK (dont waste time do they !)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/209349-woodchester-now-santander-2.html#post2336823

The word Scavenging bird beginning with V comes to mind.

Beachy have you been onto the debt forum ?

Debt Collection Industry

forgive me if I have already posted this, I just do not have the time to refer back to all my posts in all threads.

They will have a lot of info there on dca activities. I personally tend to totally ignore anything from dcas. No acknowlegement of letters etc. I have softly softly letters, followed by we will take you to court and make you bankrupt letters followed by if we can help you in any way letters. They have all been ignored as no debt is acknowledged.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

In short - they wont entertain reclaim of ppi based on them not being regulated at the time of the loan as taken out.

At least theres no post on Sundays !

Beachy

Just a thought, wouldn`t the Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulate their selling at the time of the loan via the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000?

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Just a thought, wouldn`t the Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulate their selling at the time of the loan via the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000?

Evenin' NP,

The only 'authority' to complain to is the FLA which was GE's trade association and I have it on good authority that they are as much good as a chocolate fire guard.

Woodchester is now owned by Santander & they have sold the debt to Link how are coming after me with a pitch fork & threatening all sorts.

Beachy,

You will find they all come on strong at times. It`s there way of bullying and intimidating you into payment.

The best thing you can do is tell them you have explained your concerns and stand by them, if they have anything else to say you are quite happy to hear it in front of a judge.

I`ve had all sorts of `scary` letters including a Statutory Demand Notice, which I have heard nothing of since.

Perhaps you could gather your documention together and issue them with a court claim for the PPI?

You never know, they might just pay up or cut you a deal.

Whatever happens, someone will always be helping you along the way on here ;)

Watching with interest.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Beachy,

You will find they all come on strong at times. It`s there way of bullying and intimidating you into payment.

The best thing you can do is tell them you have explained your concerns and stand by them, if they have anything else to say you are quite happy to hear it in front of a judge.

I`ve had all sorts of `scary` letters including a Statutory Demand Notice, which I have heard nothing of since.

Perhaps you could gather your documention together and issue them with a court claim for the PPI?

You never know, they might just pay up or cut you a deal.

Whatever happens, someone will always be helping you along the way on here ;)

Watching with interest.

N.P

Thanks,

Couldnt go into much detail earlier as I was using my iphone and dits not easy posting up when using a little keypad.

I raed somewhere that if an agreement is naf then you cannot claim money back on that agreement (cant have it both ways) which is why I put the ppi reclaim on the back burn. On the strength of PT's findings they were told that no more payment were going to be made on the agreement and the balance should be zero'd. Although after saying that if its completely naf then I would have thought it would be possible to claim back the interest paid on the agreement and the ppi (complete novice at agreements).

All quiet until Santander took them over and then all hell broke loose, first there was CodeRED dca on my back - they were easy to despatch then although its in dispute over the agreement & ppi Santander sold it onto Asset Link, this is were the threats are coming from at the moment, I have been advise not to acknowledge any correspondence from them and to deal only with Santander.

I knew it wasn't going to be an easy ride with this but its turned out the oposite way to what PT thought (expected a letter from Wragge & Co which PT said would be easy to deal with).

Have recently PM'd PT for his advice but to no avail.

Beachy

Beachy,

PT is a very busy man dealing with cases and thats one of the reasons you get no response from him on the PM.

Only thing i can suggest is if you hit the red triangle and request a moderators help there.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

There you go pleasure my friend.

PF

PT is a quality legal mind. Very busy but always a great help. Steven is also highly switched on to legal issues. you will be in good hands.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Indeed the help he gave me was spot on and ill always be grateful for that.

PF

The Law of Property Act 1925 say that a Notice of Assignment has to be sent recorded delivery - these days that is intepreted as being by Special Delivery. Second class post just will not do

I'd take a read on this too beachcomber, you might recognise one or two aspects of their behaviour which does not comply, like sending big yellow envelopes with CREDIT ACTIVE on, it's psychological harassment.

[ATTACH]11531[/ATTACH]

I think that you need to concentrate on a couple of things cos I would personally be unhappy rellying on a dody DN if this went to court. To comply, all they really need to do is do it properly then you are stuffed.

The agreement is unenforcable without question. Normally I am not too happy about the s18 argument and I am learning more about this for my own purposes, but the other areas make this academical. The fact that there are apparently £30 charges acrruing would make the defaulted amount wrong too so assignment would be innefective in any case.

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

These new consumer protection rules came into force in May 2008. They are designed to stop traders acting unfairly including the use of what the rules call ‘aggressive commercial practices’. These rules may help you tackle harassment by your creditors because the OFT and trading standards now have the power to take enforcement action against creditors. This can lead to fines or even imprisonment if the creditor is found guilty of an offence.

The OFT has issued guidance on how they will take action under the rules. This includes examples such as:

•a debt collector pressurising you to repay a debt by contacting you at unreasonable times such as late at night or at unreasonable locations such as your workplace;

•a debt collector threatening you with action, such as use of bailiffs, to recover money for unenforceable debts.

If you think you may have a complaint about your creditor under these rules, contact Consumer Direct."

Nice one, Link have once again breached the CPUTR's:

"•a debt collector threatening you with action, such as use of bailiffs, to recover money for unenforceable debts."

There is a massive thread running about Link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162255-link-financial-limited-45.html

AC

Edited by angry cat

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0566896Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Asset Link Capital (No.1) Ltd 5322368

Categories:

Consumer credit

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Issued Date: 02-Mar-2005 Expiry Date: 01-Mar-2010

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Mark Howard Filer OFFICER

Ruth Louise Thomas OFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Adrian Cloake OFFICER

Paul Burdell OFFICER

Selina Lee Burdell OFFICER

Current Organisations that run the organisation:

Name Company Registration Number Position

Wilmington Trust SP Services (London) Ltd OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Registered Office Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP."

There is also Asset Link Capital No. 2 & No. 3 plus the holding company.

Link are not dissimilar to Cabot; a tangled web thy weave!

AC

From the bottom of my heart may I say a big thank you to you all for your support & guidence.

This has been festering away since the being of the year and I feel is coming to a climax.

My problem is, apart from being a negative person, is that I cant absorb into the 'memory bank' what I read today is gone tomorrow - if you know what I mean.

The ppi on this account (which no way will they accept it was mis sold) amounts to about 60% of the remaining balance.

Beachy

Hi Beachy...

Who will you be bemused by???

If you have not been sent a correct notice of assignment these people don't exist so you haven't received anything!!! ;)

Have no contact with them whatsoever.. only deal with OC... If Link decide to litigate you will have an enormous piece of ammo as they have not served you with a correct notice of assignment and therefore have no legal right to take the alleged debt to court.

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"