Ordering Online and Threats

Number42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An online coin shop has been calling me, telling me I have to pay for orders I placed on their site - do I have to pay them?

Background:

I visited the website of a German Precious Metals (bullion seller), and placed an order for some coins. I agreed to some Terms and Conditions (in German that I didn't understand) by ticking a box, and then supplied my contact details to complete the order. They then email invoiced me - requesting a bank deposit. The price of silver dropped in the following days, so I reordered the coins at the lower rate through their website; and they invoiced me again. I didn't pay for anything though.

I have done this a few times over the last month, as the price of silver has fallen. Yesterday, I was called by their company, warning that I shall have to pay for all the orders or instead, compensate them for the fact that they ordered coins on my behalf that I neglected to purchase - i.e. because of the drop in silver prices. I understand that I might not be able to cancel an order through Distance Purchasing Regulations beyond a certain time, but I have not even sent them any money.

Where do I stand: do I have to pay them anything?

why did you keep on making orders for the coins if you didnt plan on buying them?? :confused:

While you may have been a very annoying little pest who wasted the company's time just because you dont have much of a life,

no theres nothing that they can do to ''force you to pay'' for anything.

Since unless you had paid for something upfront/given your card details, then they wouldnt have bought anything for you since they know theres always that odd idiot out there whos just a time waster.

Its just like when you go to a travel agent to book a holiday,

they can find you the package deal that you say you want and so can give you an invoice bill for what that holiday will cost,

but they arent gna book you in for it unless and untill you actually pay them the cash for it!

sounds like you have a lot of coins comming your way, as stated you cant keep re-ordering just because the price of silver drops between your order and your payment, it would be like ordering a bag of spuds from tescos and while waiting for them to be delivered notice that the spuds in sainsburys are cheaper.

Idiotic behaviour at the least

Anyone familiar wih the recent changes in the value of precious metals will be aware of what scenario I am referring to. Thanks for the useless replies, by the way - hopeless!

Anyone familiar wih the recent changes in the value of precious metals will be aware of what scenario I am referring to. Thanks for the useless replies, by the way - hopeless!

So what did you want, that yes you can order has many times as you want and the dealer will know that the last order is obsolete:rolleyes:

Any body with half an ounce would know that if you order something you would cancel said order if you did not want it, not re-order again and again

now thats hopeless

Something more than guesswork and assumption would have been more helpful - extrapolating from the purchase of potatoes from Tesco's was not very authoratative. Your effort was appreciated, though.

your welcome, I would if you like suggest that you inform the dealer that you are happy to purchase the last order and that you had assumed that by re-ordering your previous order would have been cancelled by his system

you never know he may accept that