• Tweets

• Hi Folks,   Thank you for your help so far. Please find below the correspondence so far from various parties. If I've missed anything, please let me know. Again, apologies for not posting the correct stuff. I thought I'd lost it all, turns out it was on a rarely used pc Letter advising of change of address will be posted shortly, with proof of posting not tracked. Buncrana 1 Edited Notice To Keeper ECP.pdf 2 ECP Back of PCN.pdf 3 DRP Edited 25012021.docx 4 DRP Back of letter.docx 5 POPLA Appeal redacted.pdf 6 DCBL 30:04:24 Redacted.pdf ESSO Cobham Signage.pdf
    • Thanks just looked at SARequest It wouldn’t make ebay have to say why they suspended me. all their email said was that it was related to buying activity. But under that bike buying activity there are about five different reasons why it could’ve been. But they haven’t specified which of these five reasons it was.
    • Thank you Ethel, their letter was literally one line, with an added bonus of a typo..... "As you own the land that the property was damaged on we would not be able to dela with that aspect of the claim.", so I think it may be the initial fob off. I have replied just stating "This is not correct, the fence is owned by XYZ ltd, please clarify?", but will follow it up with a letter from the company. will let you know how I get on x
    • About a year ago i was summonsed to court for a speeding offence, long story short it wasn't me that was driving the vehicle, and i successfully proved that i had not received any paperwork (the reason it went to a summons) because there is a problem with our address, i live at number 7, yet when you look online to enter our address for anything you have 7, 5-7 and 7-9 on our street, one is my address and two are businesses.  The court ruled that there was an issue, and agreed i did not receive any paperwork (aside from me not being the driver)  i thought it odd that i never received anything in the post to say that, but they are the courts i assumed everything would be in order. Now just recently i have been using family members vehicles to get to work and have been insuring the vehicles on a temporary basis. Recently when using a comparison website i would get results and then when i went to make payment it would not let me advance, i had tried this on numerous sites and the same happened, i assumed that it would have been because i have used to many temporary insurances and it may have flagged for whatever reason. i went to check my license online, and i cant view it, it states below, i called the DVLA and they can not view any details either and have said they will need to raise a case internally to find out what has happened.  My wife and brother seem to think that the courts have screwed up not informed the DVLA of anything, hence i was banned. But surely it wouldn't have taken so long for me to stop being able to insure my vehicle on a temporary basis until just now?? Please can anyone assist as im worried sick now and ive done absolutely nothing wrong, i need my license for my job. .................... It has not been possible to display/match your driving licence. For further information regarding your driving licence details write to: Central Casework Group, Drivers Enquiries, DVLA, Swansea, SA6 7JL
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax and wifes loan - Agree Section 78 Write Off **won**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still doesnt answer my question. I have three credit cards. Are you saying that the overdraft on them can be wiped out if they cannot show a signature on a copy credit agreement? If so, we should all be paying the minimum charges each month and not clearing them in full, otherwise whats the point in claiming?

Its WAR

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you suggesting we all write to halifax for a signed cca in the hope they cant oblige, and then pursue a write off of our credit card debts? and the same for other credit card companys. Sounds good to me, especially if the credit card is donkeys years old. But is this really the case?

Still doesnt answer my question. I have three credit cards. Are you saying that the overdraft on them can be wiped out if they cannot show a signature on a copy credit agreement? If so, we should all be paying the minimum charges each month and not clearing them in full, otherwise whats the point in claiming?

If they can't produce a copy of your signed agreement then you may be able to get it declared unenforceable. I got a complete dud of an application from BOS about a year ago, but they are still arguing the toss with me. It is not a cut and dried exercise even when they are plainly wrong, unless you happen to hit the jackpot and get the one worker there with a braincell as the OP managed to.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Gary68..

Perhaps you could give us a breakdown of the steps you took to achieve this.. letters sent, over what time frame, responses received etc. (When you have time.)

I would find that very helpful.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

This (of course) came direct from Halifax. Did you have any dealings with Blair, Oliver and Scott?

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

When you do the CCA, do you list all the accounts with the bank and send just £1 and one request, or is it one request for each account you have? Can you do the same for an overdrawn bank account as well as for credit cards?

Its WAR

Wow!!!!! Well done Gary excellent news, subbing for all the useful info as am on Halifax case right now for a credit card with just under £1000, so far they have sent me a microfche copy of an application with no prescribed terms and conditions and it is not easily legible either have a thread titled 'Is this halifax CCA enforceable?' in the debt collection industry section (sorry dnt knw how to create links!!) if anyone else is in the same boat and wants to follow for advice/tips....how long did the whole process take you from start to finish Gary?

Edited by Stressed150

thanks all

for reading,I would take a while to list all the letters to date but I will scan and put up soon,

I have just used the letters from this site and tweaked them a bit,

some back ground

card held since 2002

sent cca in feb

replied with standard t/c

sent account in dispute end feb

sent harrasment letter to customer relations+card services

received -we have sent you your agreement

sent sar / received ( in it contained a nice application form-signed)

phone calls stopped-

recieved long letter of "you have recieved your credit agreement-now pay"

sent another account in dispute-tweaked with oft guide lines

received looking into complaint,

continue to add charges

receieved default letter

recieved closing account please return cut up cards

sent may

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

MAY 2009

Dear sir/madam

Thank you for your letter dated 24th APRIL 2009 (which I received 30THAPRIL)

This account has been in dispute since 6th MARCH 2009 after you have failed to respond to my request under consumer credit Act section 78,

To date executed agreement has not been supplied to me and whilst I appreciate Halifax has endeavoured to persuade me that provision of a copy of a standard terms and condition letter is sufficient to discharge you from further obligations under section 78 of the Act,

Likewise I too have explained that a mere copy of these are not a legally permisable substitute for the provision of a true copy of the executed agreement as required under section 78 as prescribed by regulation 3 consumer credit act(cancellation Notices and copies of Documents) regulation 1983

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in DISPUTE.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

You have Disregarded and ignored any of my requests and issued a Default and are threatening to pass this account to a third party

This clearly goes against OFT rules on accounts in dispute.

I will be making a complaint to the OFT and Trading standards about your debt collecting activities,

Halifax clearly have not done enough to resolve this situation and After threats of court action ,

Please be aware I will vigorously contest and counter claim any action,

Please also be aware that I too will instruct court action on Halifax under civil protocol rule 31.16 and 31.14.

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to sections 60(1) and 61(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and would therefore only be enforceable by a court under s65. However, the absence of any prescribed terms means that a court would be prevented from enforcing it under s127(3).

" The court's powers under section 127(1) are subject to significant qualification in two types of cases. The first type is where section 61(1)(a), regarding signing of agreements, is not complied with. In such cases the court 'shall not make' an enforcement order unless a document, whether or not in the prescribed form, containing all the prescribed terms, was signed by the debtor: section 127(3). Thus, signature of a document containing all the prescribed terms is an essential prerequisite to the court's power to make an enforcement order."

Unless you can produce a copy of an executable agreement within 21 days I will consider that the above account is now closed and that you will not pursue the alleged debt.

Should you fail to respond within 21 days, I will expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’. You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Your telephone calls are in breach of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines. If you continue with them after the receipt of this letter an official complaint, together with a log recording the times and frequency of the calls will be passed both to that office and to the Trading Standards office. For your information note that ALL telephone calls are taped.

This type of debt collection method is contrary to the ‘Administration of Justice Act 1970’ in that it is intended to cause alarm and distress to the recipient. Your methods will not be tolerated. A formal complaint, containing copies of all correspondence including yours, may be submitted to the relevant authorities. This will be relevant to questions of your fitness to hold a licence under the Consumer Credit Act, whether or not it results in a prosecution.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

Communicate in writing and ONLY in writing, your telephone calls will NOT be answered.

HOWEVER, CALLS WILL TRIGGER COMPLAINTS TO THE REGULATORY BODIES.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

received back

dihfxreplypage1.jpg

dihfxpeplypge2.jpg

after this the phone call and letters started from the muppets at Albion collections

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

HALIFAX

PO BOX 718

LEEDS

LS1 9GB

xxxxxxx2009

COMPLAINT REFRENCE: xxxxxxxxx

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxxx this account remains in dispute and I have raised some points in answer to your letter,

Your version of executed agreements and mine differ greatly as you seem to be relying on the amended regulations 1983 (s1 1983/1553).As I am sure you are aware this agreement was 2002.

After reviewing the documentation sent in response to my Section 78 request for information relating to the above account and after Legal Advice I note what you have supplied may, or may not, comply with Section 78 of the CCA1974 but in what you have supplied you have failed to produce a document signed myself that contains the prescribed terms as per section 61(a) and section 127(3) of the CCA 1974.

I am also aware that there are certain terms that are required to be within the “Agreement” and should these terms be mis-stated or not present within the Original documentation then agreement can be rendered irredeemably unenforceable in law and I therefore refer you to the following of which, as a large financial organisation, I am sure you are fully aware of, If not please let me help you:

s61(a) CCA - Signing of agreement:

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

© the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

s127(3) CCA:

(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

I understand that section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sets out clearly what is required to comply with my request and quote “shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it” For clarification I require a copy of the agreement, any terms and conditions from the time when the agreement was executed together with a copy of current terms and conditions and a copy of the cancellation notice if the agreement refers to “Your Right to Cancel” within it. I also require a statement of account as laid out also within Section 78(1). If there weren’t any terms and conditions then please confirm this in your response

I am aware that the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557) at Regulation 3 allows the Signature box and signature to be omitted in a copy document but the copy document must contain all the terms of the agreement contained within the signed executed original document

In light of the above I respectfully request that you provide a copy of the original agreement signed by myself that you hold on file and while I accept that you can omit the signature box for the purposes of compliance with my request, you will be aware that any challenge to the agreement in court would require the signed copy of the original agreement. If you still reject this, please provide clarification on the status of the Original Credit Agreement and confirm either that you hold the original signed agreement on file or a copy of it on microfiche or that you no longer hold the file.

Just to be certain your clear on your point raised in your previous letter ”about the consumer credit act 1974 does not prohibit collection activity when a account is in dispute

I have never mentioned this and you must be referring to the OFT debt guidelines which as I large company such as the Halifax should realise they clearly state the rules on collection activities on disputed accounts as my last letter.

Again the lack of a credit agreement means there is a very clear dispute

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

Please note I have requested all communication in writing only and I have no reason to answer the telephone because of this request, threats of door step callers from a third party collector will have serious implications for the Halifax with my report to the OFT and Trading standards regarding this activity and a letter has gone out to retail collection address at the Halifax advising on this.

then sent this

This (of course) came direct from Halifax. Did you have any dealings with Blair, Oliver and Scott?

Hi Davey

I have looked through my files and there is no bos in there, just in mine.

"If they can't produce a copy of your signed agreement then you may be able to get it declared unenforceable. I got a complete dud of an application from BOS about a year ago, but they are still arguing the toss with me. It is not a cut and dried exercise even when they are plainly wrong, unless you happen to hit the jackpot and get the one worker there with a braincell as the OP managed to."

you maybe correct Lexis or maybe they are thinking is it worth chasing from higher up the chain

this is something I have got and tweaked from within this site ,use whatever you want,

not completely sure these are in order,just got in and need to sort my lads ps3 out:(

I will update later

Thanks for all the info Gary68.. appreciate you putting the time in to post all that.

Too true postggj! Got to stick at it until the fat lady sings (sorry fat ladies everywhere.)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

BTW Gary, will they be removing all data relating to your account from your credit reference fikes as well?? Seeing as there is no agreement they do not have permission to process your data with the CRA's right? Also will they be removing your default as part of the settlement?

good point stressed out,

this is the wifes card and I shall soon be looking into this, my initial thoughts are that the default will be there on file, I will come up with some action plan as soon as this is confirmed via credit agencies,

good point stressed out,

this is the wifes card and I shall soon be looking into this, my initial thoughts are that the default will be there on file, I will come up with some action plan as soon as this is confirmed via credit agencies,

Go get 'em! :D

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Very nice! I want one too! :D

Be interesting to see if they follow through removing data from the credit files. Hopefully they will and you'll be done and dusted. Job done.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

HALIFAX

PO BOX 718

LEEDS

LS1 9GB

xxxxxxx2009

COMPLAINT REFRENCE: xxxxxxxxx

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxxx this account remains in dispute and I have raised some points in answer to your letter,

Your version of executed agreements and mine differ greatly as you seem to be relying on the amended regulations 1983 (s1 1983/1553).As I am sure you are aware this agreement was 2002.

After reviewing the documentation sent in response to my Section 78 request for information relating to the above account and after Legal Advice I note what you have supplied may, or may not, comply with Section 78 of the CCA1974 but in what you have supplied you have failed to produce a document signed myself that contains the prescribed terms as per section 61(a) and section 127(3) of the CCA 1974.

I am also aware that there are certain terms that are required to be within the “Agreement” and should these terms be mis-stated or not present within the Original documentation then agreement can be rendered irredeemably unenforceable in law and I therefore refer you to the following of which, as a large financial organisation, I am sure you are fully aware of, If not please let me help you:

s61(a) CCA - Signing of agreement:

(1) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

© the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

s127(3) CCA:

(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

I understand that section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sets out clearly what is required to comply with my request and quote “shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it” For clarification I require a copy of the agreement, any terms and conditions from the time when the agreement was executed together with a copy of current terms and conditions and a copy of the cancellation notice if the agreement refers to “Your Right to Cancel” within it. I also require a statement of account as laid out also within Section 78(1). If there weren’t any terms and conditions then please confirm this in your response

I am aware that the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557) at Regulation 3 allows the Signature box and signature to be omitted in a copy document but the copy document must contain all the terms of the agreement contained within the signed executed original document

In light of the above I respectfully request that you provide a copy of the original agreement signed by myself that you hold on file and while I accept that you can omit the signature box for the purposes of compliance with my request, you will be aware that any challenge to the agreement in court would require the signed copy of the original agreement. If you still reject this, please provide clarification on the status of the Original Credit Agreement and confirm either that you hold the original signed agreement on file or a copy of it on microfiche or that you no longer hold the file.

Just to be certain your clear on your point raised in your previous letter ”about the consumer credit act 1974 does not prohibit collection activity when a account is in dispute

I have never mentioned this and you must be referring to the OFT debt guidelines which as I large company such as the Halifax should realise they clearly state the rules on collection activities on disputed accounts as my last letter.

Again the lack of a credit agreement means there is a very clear dispute

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

Please note I have requested all communication in writing only and I have no reason to answer the telephone because of this request, threats of door step callers from a third party collector will have serious implications for the Halifax with my report to the OFT and Trading standards regarding this activity and a letter has gone out to retail collection address at the Halifax advising on this.