Charging a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought id mention this idea to see what others CAGGERS think.

The idea of everyone of us applying a charge to a DCA for everytime they contact us either by letter or phone.

If we all agree its a good idea, then we can decide on the level of charge & how to apply it etc...

We need to be careful about this.... If we all apply the same charge we could be accused of breaching monopoly regulations.:)

We need to give the DCAs choice in which of us they want to pester. I'm in favour of a free for all charge system.:p

I think we should have a button on the phone that we can press to electrocute them every time they lie.

Thought id mention this idea to see what others CAGGERS think.

The idea of everyone of us applying a charge to a DCA for everytime they contact us either by letter or phone.

If we all agree its a good idea, then we can decide on the level of charge & how to apply it etc...

Mr Ton, something i wholeheatedly agree with (i do it all the time)

i do not have the details but i know in the 80's a bank customer was charged 20 time every time the bank wrote to him about his arrears, in return he charged 10 pounds every time he replied

when he won his case against them the judge upheld his charges and i remember that his comments were

what's good for the goose is good for the gander

It is entirely reasonable in my opinion, to charge an amount every time you have to write to them in a dispute say 7.00 to cover your expenses and time.

I believe that in the event you get to court the judge would offset your charges against theirs if they win and award you them if you lose

not sure about phone calls though- especially since most caggers say they will not engage on the phone

at the very least 1000 caggers sending 7 quid invoices in every week would cause them huge logistical problems. and in my opinion is a VERY good form of protest which i already employ myself

With success?

well im not at the court stage with any of them at the moment so just as they keep piling up 12 quid fees whilst in default so i pile up letter fees and i try to make sure that every letter i send is reminding them or drawing their attention to legislation that they should already know and be abiding by

that way the court can see that i should not have to finance thier training in what they should already know

if and when i get to court stage (and it's looking right now that out of 8 cards NONE will get that far

the ONLY card that appeared to be based on a legitimate agreement

having checked their record on defective DN's on this site i took the gamble to sit back and wait and, hey presto faulty DN followed by termination

I am on course for 8 out of 8 at the moment in which case i am more than happy to write off my letter fee losses

ps

if you get a card saying XXXX will call on a certain date- please let us know if this is not convenient

well if they dont turn up charge them for a full day of your time waiting for them to arrive for this oh so important meeting

this has been hammered out i another thread

you need to offer them "a service" in return for charging them.....one member wrote a letter offering his services for "staff training" and if they kept writing to him,they would have been deemed to have accepted the contract....and they did,so he billed them

apparently you just can't arbitrarily charge a sum for nothing

this has been hammered out i another thread

you need to offer them "a service" in return for charging them.....one member wrote a letter offering his services for "staff training" and if they kept writing to him,they would have been deemed to have accepted the contract....and they did,so he billed them

apparently you just can't arbitrarily charge a sum for nothing

No you don't need to offer them a service, nor do you need their permission

the charge you are making is to cover your costs of hardware, software stationery postage and you time in having to respond

in most of these cases they have intruded into your personal time and expense on the back of faulty agreements and lack of or disregard of the law which you have to take time to advise /correct them on

and which they should have known themselves

it is therefore perfectly reasonable to charge for this expense and time

i even deducted the cost of the truecall device (120 quid) from one card company;s monthly payment n when they ignored my first letter to stop telephoning me 5 times a day (and they have not questioned it)

EVEN IF

you were to be right. you miss an important point - the suggestion made by Mr Ton was really about dishing out to the OC's and DCA's some of the aggravation that they dish out and see how they like it

let them go to the expense of having to record and/or respond to all these invoices and if they are found to be illegal we just do what they do and forget them

I have actually started to charge £12 per letter to DCA's that chase me if they don't come up with the proof that the debt is mine.

I warn them of my charges and if they carry on writing back I respond with a letter with my charges on them and the usual if you don't pay up in 14 days etc then I have a right to begin court proceedings without further warning.

Don't know if it works as I've only started in the last couple of weeks! lol

However, had no letters back so far!

I like the idea of charging doorstep callers I do hope I get one! I can charge them for my consultation fee, the fee for using the CCTV recording their every action and word all to just tell them to 'go away' and slamming the door in their face. I think a figure of around £50 should be a good start.

No you don't need to offer them a service, nor do you need their permission

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2232552.html

For a contract to be binding, you need

An Offer

Acceptance of that offer

Consideration

Intention to create legal relations

You are offering to contract with the DCA

They must accept that offer. Silence is not acceptance

See

Lord Denning in Entores v Miles Far East Corp (1955)

The offeror cannot impose a contract on the offeree against his wishes by deeming that his silence should amount to an acceptance:

Felthouse v Bindley (1862) 11 CBNS 869.

it is possible to have a binding contract without a matching offer and acceptance. See:

Brogden v Metropolitan Railway Co. (1877) 2 App Cas 666

Lord Denning in Gibson v Manchester City Council [1979] above

Percy Trentham Ltd v Archital Luxfer Ltd [1993] 1 Lloyd's Rep 25.

also see this thread-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/88437-debt-collector-agreed-pay.html

I have actually started to charge £12 per letter to DCA's that chase me if they don't come up with the proof that the debt is mine.

I warn them of my charges and if they carry on writing back I respond with a letter with my charges on them and the usual if you don't pay up in 14 days etc then I have a right to begin court proceedings without further warning.

Don't know if it works as I've only started in the last couple of weeks! lol

However, had no letters back so far!

I like the idea of charging doorstep callers I do hope I get one! I can charge them for my consultation fee, the fee for using the CCTV recording their every action and word all to just tell them to 'go away' and slamming the door in their face. I think a figure of around £50 should be a good start.[/quote

I had a card stating that a person would call on a saturday between 8am and 9pm

it asked me to telephone a number if this was not convenient - needless to say i didn't and he didn't show

13 hours at 15 pound per hour invoiced to the OC (it was his agent)

i