Just about to issue my husbands Data Protection Act request to Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Outcash THANKS - shall do that then - I was just wondering if they'd expect 14 working days.... so timetable it is!!

My son's LBA goes in post in morning for HSBC - then MCOL 7th Sept for his charges £242 - I am sure they shouldn't sting him as he is still a student - ain't letting them rob my baby!! :Cry: (he is 6ft 6ins ha ha )

Goodluck with yours hope you get every penny back!! - looks like I need to get up to speed with the MCOL stuff as it will soon be time!!

Have Halifax gone all weird on us??

Today we gets letter in response to our LBA - they are explaining that they do have a complaints procedure and it is outlined in a leaflet. They will deal with it as quickly as possible!!!

Oh!! well Take your time Halifax our MCOL gets filed next week - maybe they'll rspond to that?? Tick Tock - Tick Tock - Tick Tock!!!

I reckon we will have procedures too?? :D

Well today Husband receives letter from Halifax offering him £290 as a goodwill gesture - that they as a Bank incur costs everytime we go O/D or DD isn't met etc.. Mmm!!! to the tune of what they took off us?? I doubt it very much!!

OK let them have it that way!! I found some more recent charges to add to what we'd initially said on our more recent statement so I shall add those onto claim when we file on Tuseday!! :0)

Sure do like taking the P don't they? :confused:

Court papers are completed ready to file tomorrow - sure will be a waiting game now seeing what they do next :confused:

Will send a copy of court papers to them with a letter rejecting their offer (other than as a partial payment) - breakdown of charges will be sent to Halifax - and a note to this effect will be made on court claim saying I also sent copies to the Bank!! So they can't wriggle and say they don't understand the charges claimed for etc.. as it will be enclosed to them!! :D

Sure will be interesting to see what they do now? :)

I am in middle of filling in court forms etc.. for hubby's claim for filing tomorrow - does anyone know if I can file at the Customer Relations dept at PO Box 548 Leeds - or do I file using the branch address ??

can a court claim be done at a PO Box does anyone know??

SORRY everyone just last minute jitters!! :confused:

I used the Trinity house address

Trinity road

Halifax

Hx1 2Rg

good luck............not long now!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Thank you so much - I am doing form now and had sent all other letters to the branch manager - the letter with hubby's offer was from Leeds - so I wasn't sure whether that PO Box was where to send it!!

I will use Trinity House!!

Thanks again for your time & help - like you say now it's getting closer!! :D

I used Trinity House address too at the advice of sheriff Clerk, They said delivery of summons to PO box number could hinder the delivery.

I phoned and asked if the could give me full address instead of PO Box number and was told all they have is a PO Box number...lol Wot does the street sign at the end of the road say PO BOX road or something..lol

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Reidnet,

Thanks for that I did use the Trinity House address - papers were filed at C Court this afternoon too!!

Court Clerk said a lot of people had actually won these cases and he'd not heard of one that had lost yet!! So that's good??

Won't be long now before Hubby gets his money back now!! Then I can start on my own accounts!! I used my son & hubby as dummy runs!! ha ha

HALIFAX - wrote to court saying they'll defend apparently !!!

They then wrote to hubby saying they'll pay up cause it's more economical etc.. they state they were right to charge us etc...

Balance isn't in Bank so waiting for that to happen / clear etc.. before we tell court thay paid up etc..

But looks like he won?? :D

It certainly does, Elizabeth - another great result & well done you! :O)

Lucy.

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

Yep looks that way.WELL DONE there.regards Nigel. Now for the rest eh lolololol.

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

Balance was showing on the ATM this evening - will check for when it clears tomorrow - looks like we did it!!

Will notify courts of this as soon as balance clears - looks like HE WON!!!!

Thanks for your help and encouragement everyone!!

I can't wait to start moving on with my own stuff now!! :0)

Congrates on your win - hope the other two go as smoothly. I am still waiting for statements from companies, seems to take ages but guess this is the longest period with not much happening, other deadlines are shorter!

Nikki

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Congratulations. I have merged your threads so that everyone can see how you got your money back.

Could you please complete the survey if you haven't done so yet and also ask a Mod to update the details in the Litigation Section. I am sure a donation would be welcomed too to help towards the running costs of the site.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro,

Thanks for merging my threads for me!!

I shall go do survey and will grab hubbys wallet for a donation!! :0)

I can't thank you people enough for your help - I met so many lovely people here that made me realise I wasn't the only one being ripped off etc..

I shall be sticking around for a while as I am starting on my own stuff with Abbey soon and my sons HSBC is still lingering.

If I see anyone who needs help I shall try help out too - be kind of nice seeing others win too!! :D