• Tweets

• Good Law Project are trying to force HMG to release details of how Sunak's hedge fund made large profits from Moderna. Government ordered to disclose Sunak’s hedge fund emails - Good Law Project GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG Good Law Project has won a battle with the Treasury after it tried to suppress emails between Rishi Sunak and the hedge fund he founded.  
    • Nick Wallis has written up the first day of Angela van den Bogerd's evidence to the inquiry. I thought she was awful. She's decided to go with being not bright enough to spot what was happening over Fujitsu altering entries on the Horizon system, rather than covering up important facts. She's there today as well. The First Lady of Flat Earth – Post Office Scandal WWW.POSTOFFICESCANDAL.UK Angela van den Bogerd, on oath once more It is possible that Angela van den Bogerd and her senior colleagues (Rodric Williams, Mark Davies, Susan...  
    • Thank-you dx, What you have written is certainly helpful to my understanding. The only thing I would say, what I found to be most worrying and led me to start this discussion is, I believe the judge did not merely admonish the defendant in the case in question, but used that point to dismiss the case in the claimants favour. To me, and I don't have your experience or knowledge, that is somewhat troubling. Again, the caveat being that we don't know exactly what went on but I think we can infer the reason for the judgement. Thank-you for your feedback. EDIT: I guess that the case I refer to is only one case and it may never happen again and the strategy not to appeal is still the best strategy even in this event, but I really did find the outcome of that case, not only extremely annoying but also worrying. Let's hope other judges are not quite so narrow minded and don't get fixated on one particular issue as FTMDave alluded to.
    • Indians, traditionally known as avid savers, are now stashing away less money and borrowing more.View the full article
    • the claimant in their WS can refer to whatever previous CC judgements they like, as we do in our WS's, but CC judgements do not set a legal precedence. however, they do often refer to judgements like Bevis, those cases do created a precedence as they were court of appeal rulings. as for if the defendant, prior to the raising of a claim, dobbed themselves in as the driver in writing during any appeal to the PPC, i don't think we've seen one case whereby the claimant referred to such in their WS.. ?? but they certainly typically include said appeal letters in their exhibits. i certainly dont think it's a good idea to 'remind' them of such at the defence stage, even if the defendant did admit such in a written appeal. i would further go as far to say, that could be even more damaging to the whole case than a judge admonishing a defendant for not appealing to the PPC in the 1st place. it sort of blows the defendant out the water before the judge reads anything else. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

O2 debt with Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding debt with O2 fro around £200 pounds. They have passed this debt onto Moorcroft. I got a call moments ago from some jumped up idiot from their 'pre court' department. I told him that i dont owe him any money, i owe it to O2. He told me that this will now be going to court. Is this likely?

So, i called O2 and explained the whole situation and told them i am willing to pay the debt over the phone, but i refuse to deal with Moorcroft. They told me that this wasnt possible, payments must be paid to Moorcroft. How true is this?? why wont O2 just take my money?!:confused:

Basically, i just dont want to lose face with the *beeps* at Moorcroft.:mad: I hate them so much, the way they talk to people is a disgrace. If there is any way that i can avoid dealing with them then please advise!!!

Cheers.

Im sure if you pop into your local O2 office with the cash and a bill they will gladly take it from you. Failing that send them a check and let Morecrap swivel. Take you to court my arse. They are so full of crap.

Of course for a bit of sport you could always write to Morecrap demanding proof of the debt and a written contract between you and O2.

Morecrap and their Pre-Court Division is just another desk in their threat centre

Thanks for your replies guy's. Gonna try and go into an O2 store, see what they say.

As far as Moorcroft are concerned, they can do one!...how they are allowed to carry on in this way is a joke. They are brutal towards people who they have no previous relationship with...i.e. they dont know my circumstances. Will definately report them to the OFT but dunno what good it will do!:cool:

Cheers.

Hi Silks

If Moorcroft have treated you disgracefully report them to FSA, CSA, Trading Standards, OFT, 02 UK and BBC Watchdog. I have written to all of them organisations regarding Moorcroft's conduct as there staff appear to little, of no legal training and I received a response from Moorcroft admitting they have 'training issues'! I have written back advising their response was not adequate, and I am now waiting for their final response so I can write to FOS. Even if you think nothing will get done by complaining, always complain! If no one complains then nothing will get done as their regulatory bodies wont know what they are doing. I also requested copies of all call recordings and conveniently they could not locate them!

I would agree with ODC and send 02 a cheque, they can't legally refuse payment.

If you need any advice what to put in your complaint let me know.

Keep us updated.

Hi Little Miss,

Just spoke to a very nice lady on the phone from O2 who took my payment in full. Have no idea why they just didnt take it yesterday!...but atleast that monkey is off my back.

In regards to moorcroft, I think i will write a letter of complaint. The guy that called me yesterday actually bet me that O2 wouldnt take my payment!!!...thats when i lost it a little bit and used words that cant be repeated on here.:D

If you have any advice on what should go onto the complaint letter would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

If you bide your time Morcrap will send you another letter entitled Notice of Legal Proceedings. You will not mistake it as its a rather lurid colour of RED and they will threaten all sorts. You can then start to have some fun with the muppets knowing that the bill is paid

Hi Silks

02 were probably just being awkward yesterday, but at least it's a big up yours to Moorcroft. There's no greater satisfaction than getting one over on them :D

Check out my thread titled 'moorcroft complaints', I have put a few bits in there which I have taken from both of my letters to the helpful bunch of individuals, lol.

Make sure you look up OFT and CSA guidelines and also Administration of Justice Act, as they may give you ideas of what to quote if you feel Moorcroft have breached any guidelines.

I would probably also mention in your letter that you felt intimidated, bullied, frightened, stressed and anxious while (and after) speaking to their operator. And make sure you get the name and extention number of every operator you have spoken to and name and shame them in your letter. That may mean you have to call them back for the info but make sure you tell them you want a copy of their Complaints Procedure issuing, they will probably tell you to write in to request that but advise them that the OFT states they are legally obliged to send you a copy if you request it over the phone.

If you need anymore help let me know :)

Hi,

this whole thing started because i got behind on my phone bills. so O2 gave me the choice to either pay the outstanding bill of £252 or cancel the contract and pay £360. So i decided to pay the £252 and have my phone re-connected.

I got a letter from moorcroft today. It reads....

Dear *********

We aknowledge receipt of your recent payment of £252.15 against the above debt which we note was made direct to our client.

We would refer you to our recent letter which informed you that we were now responsible for the administration of your account and would therefore ask you to contact us immediately with an offer of repayment.

Failure to do this may leave us with no alternative but to recommend to our client that they instruct solicitors to commence legal proceedings against you without further notice.

Any payment must be made to 'Moorcroft Debt recovery ltd'

These people are unbeleivable!!!!!! that means they think im gonna pay twice as my phone has been re-connected and im back to paying my monthly bill!!

Surely i can take them to the cleaners with this???

Has your line been reconnected already silks? it looks as though 02 haven't bothered to inform Moorcroft that you have had your line reconnected and Moorcroft still think that you still have £108 to pay and that's what they want you to make an arrangement on. I would just call them up, tell them you paid their client the usage fee and haev your line reconnected so there is nothing further outstanding, and that they should contact 02 as any further demands for payment will be deemed as harassment. And I would also call 02 to see what they are playing at by not informing moorcroft you have reconnected.

Hope this helps and on the bright side, it's more to put in your complaint about Moorcroft :D

Personally I would ignore Morecrap and their empty threats. If they ring you just laugh at them. You have sorted out your debt with the original creditor so Morecrap are wasting their time and effort on chasing a non existant debt.

Have a bit of fun with them as you know they can do sweet FA.

• 1 year later...

Guys, I have exactly the same situation with O2 Moorcrap, but NOW.

Sorry for cryptoposting, but I really would love to know if it has been resolved

and I hope that silks is not getting any more letters or threats...

... cause I'm about to do the same. Go to O2 and just give them the money.