You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
    • Thanks for filling in the forum sticky and well done on reading up.  The more info. we all take in, the more we know what the real legal position is and how to fight sharks like CEL.   As you'll have seen, CEL are one of the most dishonest and greediest of the PPCs.  If you had indisputable proof that your car was on Mars at the time, they'd find a way to reject your appeal!  Sadly POPLA has become more & more useless, as your experience shows.  Instead of managing the car park in a professional manner, it's highly likely that CEL don't illuminate the signs at night deliberately in order to catch out motorists like yourself.   The good news is that the only person who can make you pay this "debt" is a judge, after a court case.  So from now on ignore any begging letters from CEL and/or their rent-a-threat DCAs, but do not ignore a Letter Before Action/Claim which is a formal notice of intention to start court proceedings.  However, don't waste your time while ignoring them, build a case.  Like dx says, look up the planning permission.  If the KFC is local to you, go back in the evening and get pix of their pathetic signage.  Please post up what you wrote in your appeal too.   As a belt & braces approach, get on to KFC and demand they cancel the ticket.  Show all the proof you were a genuine customer and point out that you stayed an extra 19 minutes because you were consuming more food & drink!  However, what we often find is that the bod who runs the local branch often doesn't have much power, so don't faff around.  If the local branch don't cancel within 48 hours get on to to the area manager, and if you get no joy there in 48 hours go to CEO level.   It's highly likely that if you had complained to KFC straight away and ignored CEL's kangaroo court procedure that the matter would have been resolved there & then, but hey, what is done is done and you still have a great chance of seeing off these fleecers.
    • if you are twisting sideways to takaway pubs? rather than opening pubs as you initially referred   ... thats always been cheaper at off licences and supermarkets isn't it, and rather defeats the point of pubs, and restaurants?   WHAT are you actually saying/claiming/suggestion if anything?
    • They have got a plan https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery   It seems pretty clear to me.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
silks100

O2 debt with Moorcroft

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3431 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an outstanding debt with O2 fro around £200 pounds. They have passed this debt onto Moorcroft. I got a call moments ago from some jumped up idiot from their 'pre court' department. I told him that i dont owe him any money, i owe it to O2. He told me that this will now be going to court. Is this likely?

So, i called O2 and explained the whole situation and told them i am willing to pay the debt over the phone, but i refuse to deal with Moorcroft. They told me that this wasnt possible, payments must be paid to Moorcroft. How true is this?? why wont O2 just take my money?!:confused:

Basically, i just dont want to lose face with the *beeps* at Moorcroft.:mad: I hate them so much, the way they talk to people is a disgrace. If there is any way that i can avoid dealing with them then please advise!!!

Cheers.

Im sure if you pop into your local O2 office with the cash and a bill they will gladly take it from you. Failing that send them a check and let Morecrap swivel. Take you to court my arse. They are so full of crap.

Of course for a bit of sport you could always write to Morecrap demanding proof of the debt and a written contract between you and O2.

Morecrap and their Pre-Court Division is just another desk in their threat centre

Report them to the OFT for calling you at unsociable hours.

Report them to the OFT for calling you at unsociable hours.

Unfortunately Mr T the Guidelines state they are allowed to call between 8-00am and 9.00pm

Unfortunately Mr T the Guidelines state they are allowed to call between 8-00am and 9.00pm

The OP can state that they called just after 9pm ;)

Thanks for your replies guy's. Gonna try and go into an O2 store, see what they say.

As far as Moorcroft are concerned, they can do one!...how they are allowed to carry on in this way is a joke. They are brutal towards people who they have no previous relationship with...i.e. they dont know my circumstances. Will definately report them to the OFT but dunno what good it will do!:cool:

Cheers.

Hi Silks

If Moorcroft have treated you disgracefully report them to FSA, CSA, Trading Standards, OFT, 02 UK and BBC Watchdog. I have written to all of them organisations regarding Moorcroft's conduct as there staff appear to little, of no legal training and I received a response from Moorcroft admitting they have 'training issues'! I have written back advising their response was not adequate, and I am now waiting for their final response so I can write to FOS. Even if you think nothing will get done by complaining, always complain! If no one complains then nothing will get done as their regulatory bodies wont know what they are doing. I also requested copies of all call recordings and conveniently they could not locate them!

I would agree with ODC and send 02 a cheque, they can't legally refuse payment.

If you need any advice what to put in your complaint let me know.

Keep us updated.

Hi Little Miss,

Just spoke to a very nice lady on the phone from O2 who took my payment in full. Have no idea why they just didnt take it yesterday!...but atleast that monkey is off my back.

In regards to moorcroft, I think i will write a letter of complaint. The guy that called me yesterday actually bet me that O2 wouldnt take my payment!!!...thats when i lost it a little bit and used words that cant be repeated on here.:D

If you have any advice on what should go onto the complaint letter would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

If you bide your time Morcrap will send you another letter entitled Notice of Legal Proceedings. You will not mistake it as its a rather lurid colour of RED and they will threaten all sorts. You can then start to have some fun with the muppets knowing that the bill is paid

Hi Silks

02 were probably just being awkward yesterday, but at least it's a big up yours to Moorcroft. There's no greater satisfaction than getting one over on them :D

Check out my thread titled 'moorcroft complaints', I have put a few bits in there which I have taken from both of my letters to the helpful bunch of individuals, lol.

Make sure you look up OFT and CSA guidelines and also Administration of Justice Act, as they may give you ideas of what to quote if you feel Moorcroft have breached any guidelines.

I would probably also mention in your letter that you felt intimidated, bullied, frightened, stressed and anxious while (and after) speaking to their operator. And make sure you get the name and extention number of every operator you have spoken to and name and shame them in your letter. That may mean you have to call them back for the info but make sure you tell them you want a copy of their Complaints Procedure issuing, they will probably tell you to write in to request that but advise them that the OFT states they are legally obliged to send you a copy if you request it over the phone.

If you need anymore help let me know :)

Hi,

this whole thing started because i got behind on my phone bills. so O2 gave me the choice to either pay the outstanding bill of £252 or cancel the contract and pay £360. So i decided to pay the £252 and have my phone re-connected.

I got a letter from moorcroft today. It reads....

Dear *********

We aknowledge receipt of your recent payment of £252.15 against the above debt which we note was made direct to our client.

We would refer you to our recent letter which informed you that we were now responsible for the administration of your account and would therefore ask you to contact us immediately with an offer of repayment.

Failure to do this may leave us with no alternative but to recommend to our client that they instruct solicitors to commence legal proceedings against you without further notice.

Any payment must be made to 'Moorcroft Debt recovery ltd'

These people are unbeleivable!!!!!! that means they think im gonna pay twice as my phone has been re-connected and im back to paying my monthly bill!!

Surely i can take them to the cleaners with this???

Has your line been reconnected already silks? it looks as though 02 haven't bothered to inform Moorcroft that you have had your line reconnected and Moorcroft still think that you still have £108 to pay and that's what they want you to make an arrangement on. I would just call them up, tell them you paid their client the usage fee and haev your line reconnected so there is nothing further outstanding, and that they should contact 02 as any further demands for payment will be deemed as harassment. And I would also call 02 to see what they are playing at by not informing moorcroft you have reconnected.

Hope this helps and on the bright side, it's more to put in your complaint about Moorcroft :D

Personally I would ignore Morecrap and their empty threats. If they ring you just laugh at them. You have sorted out your debt with the original creditor so Morecrap are wasting their time and effort on chasing a non existant debt.

Have a bit of fun with them as you know they can do sweet FA.

Guys, I have exactly the same situation with O2 Moorcrap, but NOW.

Sorry for cryptoposting, but I really would love to know if it has been resolved

and I hope that silks is not getting any more letters or threats...

... cause I'm about to do the same. Go to O2 and just give them the money.