prepayment meter and standing charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am with npower for my gas and electric .about a month ago i get a vist from a man who asked if we were on a prepayment meter and said that according to there records we were still paying a standing charge and that due to some ruling we shoundnt be and they would send a form out to fill in.

now i have not got a form sent to me and carnt remmeber were he said he was from ,also it wasnt just my house he knocked on and didnt try to get me to change surrpliers.

does anyone know anything not paying standing charges on prepayment meters?

Another thing i wanted to ask about is ,somone on another forum i use said she applyed for something called Fuel poviety scheme for pepole on low incomes ,but she was with a diffrent surplier .do npower something the same?

mado

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mado21, Npower have standing charges on both gas & elec prepayment meters, did this person show you any id? and did you have to sign anything? i would contact npower just to confirm that they have had no requests for you to go over to another supplier.

Did you sign anything Mado? Sounds like a dodgy salesman to me. All suppliers have a standing charge on PP meters, although most have reduced these charges considerably in the last few months.

Actually Standing charges are making something of a comeback on credit accounts too, several suppliers now offer online accounts with a daily standing charge & lower unit rates.

Yeah its horses for course, depending on your usage a standard charge and lower price per unit can save quite a bit.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.