• Tweets

• Hi all,  Many moons ago (2012)  I had a Virgin credit card (issued by MBNA) that defaulted.  They did provide a valid CCA so I was advised by the good folks on CAG to make small payments to keep them quiet - I set up a standing order to pay them £5 a month, and it's been that way ever since.  The debt has been sold on a million times, but £5 is nothing so I've paid no attention to it.  Anyway, I received a letter from Capquest (who must be the current owners of the debt) back in March asking me to contact them to discuss a suitable repayment option, and the account will now be managed by Resolvecall.  Now £5 a month IS a suitable repayment option so I ignored their letter.  A few days/weeks later, I received a letter from Resolvecall, acting for Capquest wanting me to contact them and threatening a home visit if I ignored their letter.  Obviously I DID ignore their letter, and last week a lady knocked on the door (unanswered) and put a card through asking me to contact Resolvecall. Interestingly, their letter said if I didn't reply within 7 days from the date of the letter, and...you guessed it, there was no date on the letter! Out of curiosity, I logged in to Resolvecall's account, and it shows my two most recent £5 payments, so they ARE receiving my money but clearly want more - which they're not getting.  Now - do I play silly b*ggers with them, and ask them to provide the true copy of the CCA to see if they can come up with the goods? Do I just ignore them and carry on paying my £5? Do I stop paying altogether?  I know the case isn't SB as I've been paying regularly, but not sure how to play going forward?  Any suggestions gang?  Thanks you!   
    • Agreement start date 27/11/15 Amount added from previous loan was, £3441.62
    • Sunak actually nailed it in his boring speech yesterday  Starmers only offering is vote to be depressed  Just about sums up lefties  Humourless and Depresive🤣
    • Ah ok I will see if we receive it in the post tomorrow before I go to work. We want to see theirs so we know what documents they will list ? If their N265 is not received then best to send ours so that we do not miss the claimants deadline as per their draft directions.  What would happen if we did miss the deadline even by 1 day ? The claimant would use it against us in court ?  I scanned and posted in #159 the claimants continuation sheet attached to the N244 where they give a background of the case and reference e-mails etc. After this I will continue to work on the WS which is also causing me anxiety. This will also be used to object to their SJ application. I will advise tomorrow if anything else is received.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

boo vs HSBC

Boobaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean that avatar picture ISN'T a true representation? I'm shocked :D :D :D

I wish - 2 grown up kids, both finished University and I wasn't a child bride... Second childhood for me I'm afraid?

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Good morning everyone really excited this morning offer received from HSBC for £2000 with the usual non admission of liability blah blah, in full and final settlement blah blah. To be honest I thought it would be easy to say 'on your bike if I owed you £2700 you wouldn't accept £2,000 in F&FS etc.... But there is a very large part of me that is worried!! If I do not accept this will they close my account, get very nasty or fight me and there is a possibility that I lose????

So brothers in arms - what to do next?

Mind you I could always send Sulley and the gang round!!!

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

i would fightbut it is up to you they wouldnt let you off £700 off a debt to them stick to your guns. good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Morning Angela1606 - Have you come back to earth yet?

I notice from your thread that you ignored the offer is that the way to go and just continue with the moneyclaim or what? They seem to have made this offer quite early in the day really, as I notice from yours they didn't make an offer until MCOL had been issued and acknowledged.

KEEP YOUR DRINK JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY!!!(buying that album this week!)

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

cool it is a really good album pink is on top form with this one im going to her concert on the 5th nov in manchester cant wait no not come back down just yet am booking our planned holiday to disney when it comes in hubby been doing a savings plan to pay for it but needed the deposit so cant wait and yes i stuck to my guns ignored the offer as already 4 days into mcol your offer has been made to make you think and it obviuosly works but you will get the full amount just hang in there

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

Congratulations on the offer, whether you accept or not is your decision but i know i'd have to seriously think about it : )

Hopefully my offer won't be far behind yours as we are on the same sort of timescale x

Congratulations on the offer, whether you accept or not is your decision but i know i'd have to seriously think about it : )

Hopefully my offer won't be far behind yours as we are on the same sort of timescale x

Same here - but to be honest I'm going to take a chance and continue with the action as I said earlier and Angela1606 reiterated If I owed them £2700 they wouldn't accept £2,000 so watch this space...I'm watching your progress as well Electra - we're getting there honey!!!

One question if anyone can help with please:

Should I acknowledge the letter and accept the £2,000 in part settlement and do the moneyclaim or a different letter or should I wait out the 14 days then proceed...

Thanks - boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

i would acknowledge offer as part settlement wait until the 14 days are up from the lba ten do mcol

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

i would acknowledge offer as part settlement wait until the 14 days are up from the lba ten do mcol

thanks for that, will do!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Well I've done it - I refused it sent a letter accepting partial settlement etc... (BoooooHooooo)come on girl shape up, be brave you're doing the right thing (I am aren't I?) Saw loads of magpies in the park this morning when walking my Elvis, so is that a sign? It is isn't it? God I'm talking to myself now...!!

Boo x

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

well done you will get all the money in the end, i'm sure the magpies were a great sign......

There wasn't any post for me when i got home but i am a day behind you so who knows what tomorrow may bring!!

keep me updated x

chin up keep going thats exactly what they wanted you to feel we are ALL here for you and most have been in the same situation wtg keep the faith

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

Thanks Electra, good feelings coming your way!!!

Angela thanks for the continuing support really really appreciated - I'm keeping the faith. BTW have you got any other claims in?

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

not yet but i do have a few battles to go ersonally i have a fight against capital one then i have a fight against natwest for my mum and one against halifax for my mother in law and few more i think lol

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

Sorry i meant to ask did the offer letter say it was in response to your prelim or lba? Just curious cos my first response was a go away letter.....

Thanks x

Good evening hun - how are you doing and where are you at?

Letter sent today (recorded) accepting the £2,000 as partial settlement but will be chasing the rest so to speak and it was in response to prelim letter as they referred to the date as the 4th of August. I can't understand how they've been so quick in dealing with this mind I have to be honest!! Let's just hope it continues in that vein....:D

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

hi,

I received another go away letter today but was again in response to my prelim as it was dated 19th August! this time was sent by david johnson last time by Colin Langdale!! don't think they communicate too well :| oh well guess i just have to wait for the 14days to be up then mcol for me.....

Oh honey so sorry:( ! Having said that they seem to respond, if you look at most threads somewhere between the start of the MCOL and the actual time up period with an offer, so you never know! Got all my fingers and everything else crossed.

Currently working with my sister at the moment on a claim, everyone seems a bit more positive since I had the offer from the HSBC even that son of mine (mr cynical!!) tells me he hasn't got any charges (smarmy so and so!) so is looking to spend some of mine!!!!:rolleyes:

Take care...Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hi, I'm all a bit new tothis and have been reading lots of advice etc, I would also like to start reclaiming bank charges from HSBC, however you may think I am being really dum, but do I send the Data Protection letter to head office or the branch where my account is held?

Thanks

Sarahpaz

hello,

just wanted to say if you have online banking all 6 years worth of statements are available online so there is no need to wait for them in the post. log in and on the left click statements this goes back 6 years!!

thanks sara

Good Luck:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello it's me - I've been sitting in front of this lovely screen most of the night trying to fit in all the text I want to use on the MCOL site - help, what do I leave out and in etc...........!!!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Example POC, may need tweaking to fit.

Claimant has account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date a/c opened)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of (£0.00 = amount of charges claimed) taken by Defendant in charges over (X) years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date of 1st charge) to (Date of filing claim) of (£0.00 =The interest in the 8% spreadsheet calculation) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00p = Amount of charges claimed x 0.00022).

Example POC, may need tweaking to fit.

To be honest that's exactly what I've got on the form, I've taken out all unecessary spaces etc. but you only have room to fit in 1080 characters and at this moment in time I have 1300 and odd. No matter I'll take it down to my local court I only work up the road from there and will do it manually as opposed to on line. I will email the case No. etc. when done on the corrrect forum.

Thanks anyway

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update - N1 form completed on line (not MCOL as couldn't fit in everything so didn't want to mess it up) and then printed out so down to local court tomorrow as no response from HSBC since I refused partial settlement weeks ago. I also followed it up with a phone call, rude girl on the end of the line told me it would take at least five days to respond to my phone call !!! (that was more than 10 days ago). No response so I'm continuing with the process.

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Just a quick update - N1 form completed on line (not MCOL as couldn't fit in everything so didn't want to mess it up) and then printed out so down to local court tomorrow as no response from HSBC since I refused partial settlement weeks ago. I also followed it up with a phone call, rude girl on the end of the line told me it would take at least five days to respond to my phone call !!! (that was more than 10 days ago). No response so I'm continuing with the process.

Boo

Well I've done it I submitted the claim in the Court handed over my hard earned crusts, and walked out of the court proud but nervous. Then whilst driving away a little song popped into my head so thought I would share it -

Zippedy doo da zippedy ey!

HSBC there's claim on the way,

You should have listened, instead you must pay

now more than I asked for on the first day!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s