Capquest 'CCJ' letter re Cap1 debt - Northern Ireland

theshuffler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Research this case-

All England Law Reports/1996/Volume 4 /Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society -[1996] 4 All ER 119

[1996] 4 All ER 119

Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society

COURT OF APPEAL, CIVIL DIVISION

EVANS, WAITE LJJ AND SIR JOHN MAY

25 OCTOBER, 30 NOVEMBER 1995

Damages - £1000 plus the amount wrongly on credit report

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nomill I fear you are missing the BIGGER picture here. Shuffler could go for a quick kill against CRAPquest and maybe just maybe get a small compo claim because they will come off with the usual its a simple error and we are sorry blah blah blah.

If however asa result of a FOI request he can show that this was not the first time Crapquest slipped a Norn Iron address through then his claim becomes a helluva lot better and therefore will cost CRAPquset a lorra lora dough

I doubt whether MCOL would provide such detailed info - such as the number of claims from specific claimants, ODC.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Surely though if he or Geraldo makes a formal request under the freedom of Information Act then they should be able to do a breakdown of CCJs issued by postcode

Hi All

Just thought I would give you an update. I recieved a letter today from capquest. I had recieved a ccj from these guys and I live in scotland they also obtained judgement at the wrong address!!!!

Dear Skintsuzi

Account xxxxxxx

Balance xxxxx

Debt purchased from HBOS plc

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

With reference to your email dated . I can confirm that the legal action was issued on the balance of xxx in Northampton County Court and Judgment was obtained on 1 September 2008. I can also confirm that we have advised our solicitors to remove judgment from your name as it has been obtained in error.

I apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Your Sincerley

Legal support Associate

Does this mean they will take this off my credit file also?

Edited by ScarletPimpernel
remove potential identifying data

yes and the more we get to hear about the better. Seemingly their punishment is the loss of fees, hardly what you might call a deterrent. Prob 1 in every 100 makes a complaint or is unaware of the law , i certainly wasnt till i came here. Suzi you should enquire as to how their "ERROR" came about, there might be a small possibility your form was put in the wrong pile, but if they did that to you surely they wouldnt make the same mistake twice and do it with mine as well

Whether or not it's a deliberate policy, it puts Capquest in breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 200 8 - threatening or taking legal action which cannot legally be taken, and OFT Guidance - taking or threatening to take legal action in the wrong jurisdiction.

You would imaging that a company with any sort of standards would ensure compliance with these basic rules, wouldn't you?

Count me in and I know there are others on here too from Norn iron who have had dealings with these ganches

And me too. My MP Is Rt Hon (lol) Jeffrey Donaldson, MP for Lagan Valley, D.U.P. I know that he was against the MPs' blocking of the FOI act being applied to them so he might be a good spud in this instance as well.

And isn't it "gaunches"? :D

And me too. My MP Is Rt Hon (lol) Jeffrey Donaldson, MP for Lagan Valley, D.U.P. I know that he was against the MPs' blocking of the FOI act being applied to them so he might be a good spud in this instance as well.

And isn't it "gaunches"? :D

Mine too. He is assisting me with a claim at the moment and he is very helpful. You could be right about the spelling of GAUNCHE but then again they could be GULPINS

Please forgive me poking my nose in on things I really have little understanding of...but I am currently being threatenened with legal proceedings by Capquest (to start on or around 6th August according to their last letter) for a debt that I am paying regularly as per their arrangement.

I am aware that they are totally out of order with their threats to me, and threats and actions towards other people...I've read many threads as regards their SDs...but reading this thread regarding the CCJs wrongly actioned by them...well it beggars belief.

Surely for them to keep taking people to court, whether the people are aware or not, in circumstances that clearly do not warrant court action, and the judgements are later recinded..does this not show without doubt that Capquest are vexatious litigants, and will continue to be, unless the court system acknowledges this and stops them.

This is just my thought, its only based on things I've read via this site and I may have misconstrued the facts...so please feel free to tear my post apart...it will be a learning curve for me if you do:)

Regards to all, and wishing all posters the best.

Hi, No I'm not in N.I. but having problems with them myself led me to read this thread, it left me totally gobsmacked at their blatant disregard for the law, and blatant breach of guidelines.

I guess I shouldn't be suprised as its this shower of eejuts.

Maybe all CQ victims should have a whip round and try to get them a new brain cell to go with the one they all share...as its obviously defective:)

Maybe all CQ victims should have a whip round and try to get them a new brain cell to go with the one they all share...as its obviously defective:)

Its a timeshare cell , all the DCAs get it a fortnight a year. Could be coming to a DCA near you soon .