MBNA Full & Final

joolzh13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought some of you would be interested I owe approx £11k, MBNA keep writing and calling to say they'll reduce the debt its gone from owing £11k to now if I pay £3500 they will mark my account as settled.

Bear in mind that they started at £6.5K then it came down and down and down.......

Tried it with HSBC too but they initially said 10% then 20% by the end of the call, they I just picked a number out of the air and asked them to come back to me....

Actually I can't afford any of these to pay off because if I borrowed the money of a friend and my mortgage increased I wouldn't have any surplus cash. What a damn shame.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

incidentally I have so much debt i can't decide whether to throw in the towel and go bankrupt - why am i working so hard to pay interest and debt thats way too big due to my circumstances changing DIVORCE!

Just thought some of you would be interested I owe approx £11k, MBNA keep writing and calling to say they'll reduce the debt its gone from owing £11k to now if I pay £3500 they will mark my account as settled.

Bear in mind that they started at £6.5K then it came down and down and down.......

Tried it with HSBC too but they initially said 10% then 20% by the end of the call, they I just picked a number out of the air and asked them to come back to me....

Actually I can't afford any of these to pay off because if I borrowed the money of a friend and my mortgage increased I wouldn't have any surplus cash. What a damn shame.

incidentally I have so much debt i can't decide whether to throw in the towel and go bankrupt - why am i working so hard to pay interest and debt thats way too big due to my circumstances changing DIVORCE!

quite often letters saying that they can settle the account at areduced rate of XXXXXX if you telephone such and such are merely a ploy to get you to ring them

Did you ask if you can pay in interest free installments

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

I have had several "reduced amount" offers from HSBC from some£14 k down to £11k for my loan and £4300 doen to £3200 for my CC.

Persaonlly if they were genuined and i could afford them (ha!) i would but at most if i really scraped begged and borrowed i'd maybe be able to get my hands on about two grand which i doubt they will take! it is a ploy to get you to call them (i've never had the money tofind out!) and a moot point as the debt is passed onto a DCA and they ask for the total amount again (bizzare that they seem to legally yo yo up and down the amount they want to extract from you!)

Given your circumstances and divorce as well it's not going to be easy at all!