Have you had your car taken by a bailiff ? Name and shame them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do You think it is right to take a car ?  

40 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Do You think it is right to take a car ?

• Yes
    • No

I voted no on this matter because if it costs more for a person to use a bus for a week to get to work normally 5 days a week, it costs less to fill a car with petrol and the bus costs these days where I am for 5 stops its £2.80 and a day saver costs £3.80 so if you work it out. thats £19 where a tenner in petrol would efficiently cost less, Yes you may say but tax, insurance, but in the long run, taking away someones transportation when there is a recession going on will only deprive them which in turn means that anyone whos car has been taken by a bailiff means that in effect the car owner could lose out in the long run, ok so you have gotten your money back, but what if that person has a family, or that person relies on that mode of transport. I'm sorry but if someone owed me money, I would speak to them one way or another and get them to sign an agreement which would state that if a payment has been missed then it would go further. so No is my answer.

with regards to the poll all this showes is that there is 6 bailiff's using CAG because who in the right mind would say yes.

I have a court order here for a lady who owes me £497 and that should have been paid last month and my next step is to hand it to the CC bailiffs but you know what i would rather be a few quid down than knowingley set the dog's on her at least i and her will be able to sleep at night.

I just can't bring myself to sending the bailiffs in.

I can see both sides of this argument clearly. I have had 5 visits from bailiffs, yes they levied on a car but they could not take it becuase it is a contract hire car. I have a CCJ against a company who refuse to pay me. Would I send in the bailiffs, yes I would.

There is a huge difference between can't pay and won't pay. The first one is a no brainer, I would not threaten anyone with bailiffs if I knew they could not pay due to their circumstances, I would use logic and agree a payment plan with them rather than cause distress.

The second one, I have no qualms about. If they refuse to pay even after a court of law decides that they are liable for the debt then I have no real choice but to pursue them with all means at my disposal to recover the funds.

There is a massive issue in this country with the way councils are using bailiff companies to collect arrears in council tax. The vast majority of people with CT arrears cannot afford to pay and yet this country allows them to be threatened with losing their homes, belongings and vehicles. remember this is a TAX, nothing else. Why don't we just bring back debtors gaols and lock up everyone who is in arrears up for not being able to pay around 1/12th of their wage (if they have a wage) in an immoral unjust TAX.

The main issue is the laws that allow bailiffs to act how they chose with very little or no regulation.

Edited by calvi36
typo
  • Haha 1

From my experience with these guys, they dont care about personal circumstances, though there maybe the few exceptions. But either way you look at it, These enforcers try to do what they can when they can with hardly any thoughts to consequence.

Here's a better idea.

Let's do away with Bailiffs alltogether. And let those people who would normally use a bailiff to ensure payment, arrange an alternative method - unregulated bouncers, local thugs working freelance?

At least they'll be cheaper!

Here's a better idea.

Let's do away with Bailiffs alltogether. And let those people who would normally use a bailiff to ensure payment, arrange an alternative method - unregulated bouncers, local thugs working freelance?

At least they'll be cheaper!

or you can just employ a bunch of football hooligans :p