Lowel Financial and Cap1 Card Debt

Astronomyphilly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did lowell ever comply with your CCA request?

Did you sent them the Dispute letter?

If so then send a letter to muck hall clearly stating in bold print, ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE.

Perhaps add that all correspondance is to be made in writing only as you have no wish to discuss this matter via phone calls or personal visits and that any attempt to use either of these methods will be considered as harrassment.

They should write back to tell you they are handing the account back to lowlifes and as a bonus......

Now you have evidence of lowell breaching the OFT's guidline on debt collection which state under the title Deceptive and / or unfair methods:

Examples of unfair practices are as follows - 2.8

(i) - 'failing to investigate and / or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued.'

(k) - 'not ceasing collection activity while while investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt'

Food for thought!!

B

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

h.i.i,m sorry if this should,nt be on here.if so please tell me and ill do something else.

i received a letter from lowell,stating thanks for my recent correspondence(i,ve made none!) and that they have previously provided me with information and documentation that is sufficient to make the sale of debt effective..

they go on to say this is a service agreement with o2 and not a credit agreement.

this is for a supposed debt to o2 for 359.97.

they state their client has no obligation to provide a signed agreement.. blah blah.. settle the debt etc etc..

the thing is.. i had all this from bryan carter to start with,whom i managed to clear off by asking for proof of the debt.

they,i guess passed it back to lowell.

what i,d like to know is will this tac work with these people.i still dont believe they have proof of an original debt,otherwise i,m sure they would have been only to quick to send it on to me.

i intend to fight them but need the right ammo.please help.

regards

i,d like to know if this tac will work with these people. i still dont believe they have proof of the original debt

First thing to do is to start your own thread as it will make it much easier for other to give the correct help to the right person, sometimes crossed threads do become confusing.

1, Go to the CAG home page

2, Click on debt on the bar at the top of the page

3, Select debt collection industry

4, Click + post new thread, blue box just below announcements

5, Explain your issues or what it is you need help with

6, Sit back an await the cavalry

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowel Financial and Cap1 Card Debt