I paid full and final settle on what i owed can i still claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 4 years ago I was in so much debt, the banks took me to court for money I owed, I negotiated full and final settlement with the banks to clear myself. Can i now put a claim in against the banks etc for the charges which they made, even though I paid them full and final settlements, and can they open up my account again a press for the money which would of been outstanding. If it hadnt of been for the charges I would have been able to sort something out:-o

Hi Wizard

Yes you can claim for the UNLAWFUL charges and have you got a letter that states the account was setteled and the payment you made was full and final??

If you have not done so read the FAQ's and as much as possible in your banks forum and then start your own thread in there to ask anyother questions you may have:)

Welly:)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

yes got some letters but have also got credit report which state they are satisfied. Some of the banks knocked £2000 of what i owed them would they claim that the unlawfull charges they made to me were paid back with letting me of a few grand or doesnt it matter what they let me off

Is it possible that a large part of the debt is from the bank charges they charged you and you got more and more into debt?

I would go for it and I'm sure as they settled the debt and it is satisfied then they cant go after you for the rest!:)

But to make sure I will ask another member to read this just to make sure.;)

Welly:)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Guest Zooman

This is may not be that simple as when the bank sued you for the money they got judgement what you are saying is that you now have new evidence so it will have to go back to court. Make a post in your banks forum and we will start to look at it together.

Thanks Zooman :)

they were going to take me to court, sorry i didnt word it right. I never went to court i got a solicitor involved just before it got too far and he settled it on a full and final settlement. Never got a judgement thanks god. i think royal bank i paid them like 1300 of a 1900 debt but am sure charges are more than the difference even it they did open it up again the money i got back from charges would pay the difference.

cheers for replying guys realloy is appreciated and ill keep posting to let know how i get on.

ive waited so long to have a go at the banks and now i can

cheers all

Guest Zooman

My first thought is if you offered "full and final settlement" that this would mean you can not reopen it as this would apply to both you and the Bank.

I will check with the Mods and come back to you though as I may well be wrong.