Wescot just called my neighbour...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My neighbour has just received a call from somebody saying they were from Wescot, asking if they could confirm *my* name and address!

Haven't got the full details yet as my neighbour text my wife who's out at the moment - so I don't know what they divulged.

This can't be on, surely?

I've had a couple of letters from Wescot lately, keep meaning to write back and ask for a copy of the credit agreement that they are chasing.

Section 2.6(j) of the Debt Collection Guidance issued by OFT states:

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox, thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

Surely calling a neighbour and saying you're from a debt collection agency is a blatant case of this?

Got the full details now.. It was a lady from Wescot, acting all pally and saying she just wondered if I still lived at No.xx. (Mentioning my name). My neighbour asked who she was, that's when she said she was from Wescot. My neighbour asked where they got her number from (she's ex-dir), then told her it was nothing to do with her and put the phone down.

The emphasis was on the pally bit, she was all cheery and acting like an old buddy, apparently.

I've complained to the OFT in light of their recent press release. Swines.

I have had this tried on me too, I now answer this Hello xxx by saying it might be, who are you?.

However, this is most definitely on. As everyone says, you must report them.

Personally, if you know roughly what the alleged debt balance is, when you do reply to them, I would be inclined to attach a statement of account and charges claim from them for harrassment and compensation in roughly the same amount:mad:;)