E-BAY kicked my item off !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

s.gifs.gifThe heading on their e-mail to me said I was spamming!:-x

My listing had been up 6 days 23 hours and 55 minutes - 5 minutes to go and it had been bidded up to a decent price. Now what will they have told my bidders. I have no access to them!!

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill or am I right to feel absolutely lived.:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

s.gif

You recently listed the following item(s):

300317187216 - PLUS SIZE 24/26 LADIES CARDIGAN WITH ZIP - AS NEW

Unfortunately, we had to remove your item because the way it was listed breaches our policy:

You used the word(s) AS NEW in the title.

To make it easy for buyers to find what they're looking for, sellers need to make sure their titles and item descriptions accurately describe what they're selling.

That's why listings can only include keywords and other information that are directly relevant to the item and clearly describe both the item and the terms of the sale.

Here's more information on this policy - copy this link into a new browser window:

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

Well, I can see the point. "As new" suggests that it is in the same condition as it was when bought. But it cannot possibly be unless it has been in storage and unchanged.

It sounds daft, I know, but someone could order this item and, unless it is still in it's packing with labels etc still on, complain that it is not as described.

I know it sounds petty, but I think ebay have a good point. It would be better to say, for example, "Excellent condition, opened but not worn (possible reason why)".

"like new" would be better, because it is equating the condition as a comparison to new, where as "as new" indicates I would be getting it in the same condition as I would if bought in a shop.

That's what I think anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...