Girltuesday v MBNA **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, mainly because I want my money back but partly as revenge for MBNA setting Global Vantedge on me, I have sent off the SAR request.

I'm feeling a lot more nervous about it than I expected, probably because I know how nasty they like to get (e.g. Global Vantedge). But it seems from some of the threads here that they've actually not been too vile...

So, here we go!:|

NatWest current account

!!Won: £1841 charges!!

MBNA credit card (Virgin)

!!Won: £200 charges + £50 goodwill gesture!!

Co-Op Bank credit card

!!Won: £225 charges!!

Halifax credit card

!!Won: £220 charges!!

Natwest credit card

Offer received and accepted, waiting for cheque!

Lloyds TSB current account

On hold due to upcoming test case

Follow the recommendations and don't be talked into accepting less than the full amount. Be polite but firm and you will be fine. I'd recommend phoning them at some point before pressing to Moneyclaim as it has been successful for quite a few people to do this as well as write letters.

Good luck.

Follow the recommendations and don't be talked into accepting less than the full amount. Be polite but firm and you will be fine. I'd recommend phoning them at some point before pressing to Moneyclaim as it has been successful for quite a few people to do this as well as write letters.

Good luck.

I also found that MBNA suddenly became very nice to myself once they got my SAR

If you read many of the threads on here they,ll fill you with confidance.

Good luck

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've had a letter from them which seems pretty standard: we're looking into your complaint, blah blah blah, will respond by 31st August.

I also mentioned in my letter with the SAR that I don't recall ever requesting PPI when I opened the card, but they've been charging me for it every month anyway.

I read somewhere (can't remember if it was on here!) that if they can't prove I requested it (copy of application etc) then they have to refund it...

NatWest current account

Co-Op Bank credit card

Halifax credit card

Natwest credit card

That's what I asked for in the letter. I applied online though, I think, so I don't know if they would have a 'copy' of that...?

NatWest current account

Co-Op Bank credit card

Halifax credit card

Natwest credit card

I did the internet application, then they telephoned me to confirm and to let me know the credit limit. I think they then sent out the card. I honestly don't remember physically signing anything.

Still, hopefully I'll find out when I get their response! The thing is, I know I wouldn't have chosen to opt in for PPI, but I suppose it's possible that I didn't see a box or similar to tick to opt OUT, if you see what I mean!

NatWest current account

Co-Op Bank credit card

Halifax credit card

Natwest credit card

• 3 weeks later...

Have had another letter, this time saying that my complaint is taking 'longer than anticipated' and that they will provide a response in ten days. This one is signed by G Theobald.

NatWest current account

Co-Op Bank credit card

Halifax credit card

Natwest credit card

I rang MBNA today to chase up my SAR due Monday. The Customer service manager told me what they have charged me in late payment fees over the last 6 years and then made me an offer to settle. I said I'd accept the offer as partial payment and then he agreed to refund all the charges. I said I'd like to check the amount for myself but if they were correct I'd accept. I have to ring him on Monday after Ive seen my data. His name is Paul Miney on 01244 - 672628

Paul Miney on 01244 - 672628 - refunded all my charges as well as the Compound interest. This took my £1170 up to £2200 He was very pleasent and helpful to deal with

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

Oh my god!

Am off sick today, but am feeling much better now thanks to a letter from MBNA!

My original letter gave them an SAR request, but also complained about being charged payment protection insurance that I never requested, and about their little rottweiler Global Vantedge.

Have now had a three page response. I can't type it all out, but I'll summarise:

Dear Mrs Tuesday,

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy blah blah...

We don't agree with the OFT and think our charges are fair, and you agreed to them, and blah blah blah...

However we are now reducing our charges to £12, and we expect you to conform to the terms of your agreement in future blah blah...

I enclose a list of charges you have incurred [adds up to £200] and as a gesture of goodwill we are crediting your account with £200 in full and final settlement...

We agree that you did not originally request payment protection insurance but somehow it got added to your account, so we are refunding all PPI premiums you have paid and crediting your accout with an additional £50 as a gesture of regret for any inconvenience caused...

Global Vantedge should be as polite and lovely as we are, sorry that they weren't, we've given them feedback about this and we're very very sorry that they were mean to you [i'm really paraphrasing here, obviously!]...

Once again, we're very very sorry for everything and hope you are satisfied now.

Yours sincerely,

Susan Pemberton

Assistant Vice Prsident

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NatWest current account

Co-Op Bank credit card

Halifax credit card

Natwest credit card