disputes deposit payment by credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long and short of it, had new granite work tops fitted(well supposed to be fitted.

The initial deposit was paid via credit card, and the rest by counter check, since day one have been in dispute with the firm as they did not carry out the work to the specifications of the contract.

have had several discussions both on the phone and via email to get the matter resolved. Following on from the latest contact it seems the firm are not going to put things right, is there a template letter that I can send to the credit card company to have the money refunded.

How much correspondence should I include with this letter..

see my user page for other details, if it helps

If you still have the goods (even though they're not fitted) you'll need to sort out this, by returning it - or keeping it and getting someone else to fit to your specification, and you paying for the supply only. Your deposit would have to be more than £100 to be refundable under a Section 75 claim.

Deposit £400.00 goods supply and fit...not all the goods were delivered, on the fitting size one worktop smaller than specified size, and a join across the tap hole on a belfast sink...on the hob side join where one should not be needed.

goods came to approx 60percent of total cost...

have you paid all of the contract price, if so why? pay a deposit yes then remainder on completion of the work to your satisfaction. Do you still hold any money that should be paid to them, fitting etc.

from what you say total cost about £600.00. I think CC will say that the £400 is for the materials and youve got those, but see what they say.

All you need to do is write to them with as much information that you have and any correspondance etc. and explain why you think they should give you a refund. and they will get back to you in about three months.

In my experience they if they give you the money for faulty goods they usually claim them. so you dont get both the money and the goods.

Deposit was paid in april...the rest was paid via building society counter check, the terms of the company were monies paid on completion as person ordering work lives in london house on south coast had to leave the check, with tennent, since the fitters did not have job sheet ect no signatures were made to the effect job was signed of...

was not till fitters left that noticed the defects noticed ect, they did try to stop counter check.. explaining to branch that issued check within hours of work done...branch would have none of it....several phone calls and faxes sent to them as well...but no satisfaction.

contacted company left answerphone message and sent email informing them if they cashed check would be fraud given work not completed ect..who at first were appologetic and all that flannel...had not then cashed the check..said they would put right the wrongs...but looks like its all flannel...they have since cashed it knowing full well it was for the wrong amount..I:e £300.00 charged for templating servise that was not done, plus other omissions total cost almost £2000.00

Edited by logicus.tracticus
missed bit