HBOS and cancer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi we have been with the bank for 3 years now, and i think we have been charged around £4000 , we were both self employed myself bieng a painter and my wife a childminder and the charges came the last 3 years of nov-feb ie christmas period and to be honest the charges could be more ... We had to give up our work in april of this year as my wife spent 6 weeks in the hospital with phnumonia and was diagnosed with cancer at the same time and i now care for her we are both 31 years old with two boys Ben and Adam who are 8 and 5. In the last 5 weeks alone and with the bank knowing our situation we have been charged £427 + 2 more pending .I havnt looked back further than june 15th. We have been into the bank and pleaded they did return a few in may but refused in june and july .. We even got a Macmillen nurses cancer charity emergency relief cheuqe for £500 when it cleared most of it was taken off us to pay charges cos we were overdrawn. It hasnt helped that our benefits have been mucked up ... We were advised not to cancell direct debits if we could manage and we tried but everytime we put money in the would take some for charges then things would bounce .Viscous circle . sorry about my spelling .. iain

I hope you get 100% of your money bank.

Good luck!

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Hi there and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear about the tough time you are having with the Banks. You are in the right place for help in getting this sorted :D

Please take some time to read through the FAQ section and some of the threads to get an idea of how things work.

When you decided to go ahead with action, start your own thread in the relevant Bank Section so people can see how you get on and offer advice when needed.

Good luck!

It's worth stopping all but the most essential DDs and then paying them manually through online banking as and when you have the funds. You'll need to contact the ones you stop to explain why. At least this will stop the (insert the word of your choice - but don't post it there ;) ) taking much more in charges.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

hi zafman.

Please try to keep to one thread as this helps to keep track of what is happening. I know all this seams a little bit daunting but This is very easy to do go to the top of the page on the top banner (just under where you see Welcome zafman you will see a link that says Quick Links click on it and a drop down menu will appear one of the items will say Subscribed Threads click on this and it will list all threads which you have posted to. choose your own thread. you can now add to it by clicking on post reply.

Also click on the link below for a guide on how to deal with the refund of these charges it is actually posted on the HSBC forum but the links all point to the same library so you should be OK.

By the sound of it, if you were to go to court with your claim you would be exempt from court fees click here to check and enter EX160A in the Form Number field

Hope this helps

Cool, I didn't know about how you could find threads that easily either! I'd come on to this forum and do a search for my ID!! Kinda worked lol

Oh, weird thing as well - I did a google search for my id (i was bored!) and the first result was my own thread here! excellent!

Halifax: FULL REFUND

_________

Lloyds TSB: FULL REFUND

HSBC Current Acct: FULL REFUND

Capital One (three accounts); GE Money (Mothercare); GE Money (Burton):

Getting round to sending off first letters...!

As an emergency measure open another account elsewhere and have your benefits paid in there. Then at least they can't get their hands on it and you can allocate it where you want it to go.

You have an awful situation, but I'm not in the least surprised that the banks wont help. I have read similar things on here it makes my blood boil.

Take your time and read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) you will get it back. Keep plodding, you will feel better straight away just knowing that you are doing something about it. Empowerment ...................

Good luck to your wife, she has her own battle to win.

Lizzy

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all ...I have complained and asked for my last 3 years of accounts .Not yet recieved but they said i would not recieve my charges back , so i asked for it in writing and got a letter saying they were dealing with my request and should reply with in 4 weeks ... iain

Your claim, your timetable.

If you have followed the steps in here, you would have sent them a letter giving them 14 days to refund your charges, or 40 days to supply you with your statements (not sure wich from your post). If it is the 14 days, do NOT let them fob you off with their 4 weeks response.

Time to show them you're in control now. :mad:

Wed 2nd aug , phoned HBOS complaints department and asked for previuos 3 yrs charges to be refunded in full :o he said no :evil: I asked for conversation and his answer in writing... wed 9th aug i recieved a letter saying they were looking into my request but no mention of them saying NO...I phoned and spoke to a senior adviser explained letter did not comply with phone conversation , so I :mad: asked for statment of account for the 3 years and informed them of the impending court action and remarked to her did she think my story would make for good newspaper reading ( macmillen cancer cheuqe to pay for thier bank charges )and she :o asked for me to give them time to get the info i wanted and for them to come back to me with an offer b4 i go to the small claims court .. :-? keep posting please ..Lizzy you had my wife and I in tears when we read Your post thank you...We did get good news today linda my wife and I were told after last weeks scan that 1 more chemo and a further scan and no more treatment should be needed.:D ..Iain

Iain, excellent news for you and your wife - I hope things are on the up for you both. I like the sly mention of a newspaper story as well!

The only extras I got were extra charges. Thanks, Howard. :mad:

Iain, Sorry to hear about you and your wife, just wanted to say your at the right place to get advice and keep smiling. Things will work out for the better sooner rather than later, I am positive of it. I wouldnt really get into telephone calls with them, trust me there are times when I have wanted answers and I have done but all it has done for me is make me more frustated and fed up with the whole situation. Stick to the timescales set by the forum. It is the only way to win. I also notice that you are claiming for three years, I understand that it is because you have been with them for three years but I hope you are aware that you can claim back for six years with any accounts that you may of had?

Good luck

Khalid

Current Account Halifax

25th May sent Data Protection Act recieved 19th June

20th June Request Charges Letter Sent

29th June £170 offered..

4th July LBA sent

16th July £507 offered

25th July MCOL claimed

30th July Deemed Served

15th August Applied for Judgement

24th August Paid out in full

Read, ReAD READ!!! Its THE Only Way 2Win!!!

Make a 5% donation to the site, Help them to Help You.

Any advice that I may give is only through experience of my own claim.

• 1 month later...

Hi guy's not been on for a while and HBOS been muking me about a bit , still not recieved 3 years of account's but have been offered £250 ...turned down ..then £730 ... turned down ... now they are sending inproved offer and 3 years of account's within the next 5 working day's as from today wed 11th oct.... Q.. do I accept offer but still go for the whole amount , but me letting them know that I want the full amount that will be around the £3000-£4000 mark or do I keep turning them down untill full amount is repaid ......... Iain

Hi Zafman,

Did you send them a written S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) with the £10 fee ? I know you said you put it in writing but the SAR is an official notice.This is dragging on far to long for your statements to arrive. You really have no idea what they owe you. If you have sent that I think you should make one LAST phone call saying that you will report them to the Information Commissioners Office giving them another 7 days. If you have not sent the SAR you need to do it now because that letter gives them 40days, send it recorded delivery it will cost you a £1 that you can claim back.

If they phone you explain that you want your statements and you will be not even contemplating an offer until you know how much they owe you.

You need to define your timescale..........they will mess you about forever. If you have incurred any defaults during this time with HBOS or anywhere pop over to the legalaties section some interesting stuff going on there.

I hope Linda is doing well ? Think of the lovely holiday you could both have on that money, it WAS Yours......get it back.

Lizzy

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS