• Tweets

• The last photo shows the overflow carpark looking at the block which our room was located. When we got out of the car my partner thought that the building was for staff accommodation.  The unsecured bedroom window opened onto this car park.
    • Also I see that you are doing a lot of this on the telephone – and without any written confirmation. This is a big mistake. You need to start taking this matter seriously and so everything should go in writing. If you have telephone calls then they should normally be recorded. Read our customer services guide. You should make notes about every telephone call and then you should send an email to your telephone correspondence confirming what they have said or what they have agreed. It is important that you keep detailed paper trails here. Of course we may be jumping the gun and maybe big motoring world will step up to the mark – but I'm afraid that they have a lousy reputation has you have seen and so you need to start practising survival techniques and protecting yourself. You say for instance in your letter of rejection that the mechanic told you on the telephone that the gearbox needed replacing. Do you have any other evidence of this conversation? This is going to sound a bit harsh – but other people will be visiting this thread as well for their own purposes. You conducted their research about this company before you bought the vehicle. You now are fully aware that this is a company which can be very difficult to deal with and causes a lot of problems for many of their customers and yet you are still taking a telephone/verbal approach. Do I need to say any more? Also one of the documents you put up is an email exchange but it is not clear who is writing to who or what dates. If you showed this email to somebody in a pub they would be asking lots of questions about who sent the first message, who sent the second message, what dates were they sent et cetera. Please think about this before you post things. Please can you clarify the details of that email exchange. Please will you present the information carefully. We are all volunteers here and we have to rely on you to do the spadework
    • I told the DM that the room was not acceptable because of the reasons already mentioned. He informed me that they were full that night and that they could move me to the room next door (would not solve my problem with the rooms location). Told the DM that I could not stay in the room provided for the night so left no option but to leave. DM did not reply and I walked out.   IMG_1475.pdf IMG_1476.pdf IMG_1477.pdf
    • Please will you upload your documents in PDF format in future. It is unhelpful to have them in word format and also word documents will carry personal details relating to you and your computer.
    • Thanks for letting us know that you had a conversation with someone – I sort of imagined that you might tell us what the conversation was – who said what to whom…
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

1st credit and Lloyds TSB Platinum credit card

hunterandthehunted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

handed in my standard disclosure to the court today with an hour to spare, phew,

i asked the court whether or not **** have submitted theirs as it was supposed to be submitted to all parties by 4pm today.

it turns out they have made an application to the judge to change the order and was i told to ring the court next wednesday for info.

can i apply to have the case struck out?

Edited by hunterandthehunted

regards

hunterandthehunted

i sent the disclosure statement to **** yesterday by special delivery

and they received it today. i will be taking the courts copy by hand

tomorrow. the deadline is 4pm tomorrow.

as yet i have received nothing from ****.....

What address are you using to send stuff to **** please ?

handed in my standard disclosure to the court today with an hour to spare, phew,

i asked the court whether or not **** have submitted theirs as it was supposed to be submitted to all parties by 4pm today.

it turns out they have made an application to the judge to change the order and was i told to ring the court next wednesday for info.

can i apply to have the case struck out?

Change what order, the standard disclosure ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

department cdr

po box 499

upper ground floor

1-5 queens road quadrant

brighton

BN1 3XJ

this is the address i have always used and they have replied,

why do you ask?

yes i got that impression from the clerk or what ever they are called?

what are **** up to do ya think?

regards

hunterandthehunted

department cdr

po box 499

upper ground floor

1-5 queens road quadrant

brighton

BN1 3XJ

this is the address i have always used and they have replied,

why do you ask?

yes i got that impression from the clerk or what ever they are called?

what are **** up to do ya think?

I have been given a new address for them

This one on their letter heading

SCM

Solicitors

Department SO

PO Box 499

Second Floor

Three City Park

The Droveway

Hove BN3 7AU

And this one from Find a Solicitor

SCM Solicitors

Department SO

PO Box 499, 2nd Floor

Hove

East Sussex

BN3 7AU

I send my letters to them by Special Delivery and on the RM website, it says :

"This item is being sent ot an address that has a redirection in force so it will take an extra day to arrive."

I see the PO box number for both addresses, the one I send to and the one you have sent to are the same. I am just wondering what is going on ??

I am not sure whey they would be writing to the court in respect of the Standard disclosure.. I wonder if they want to say they cant provide something or cant get it done in the time ?? I guess until the court writes to you then you arent going to know. Wierd the clerk wouldnt say though.. they are usually pretty good about things like that.. well some court clerks are :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

so basically if or example, that's say they cannot provide the default notice. is the judge likely to let them off.

i assume i carry on with the order. the next step is for witness statements of fact to be exchanged simultaneously by 4pm on 27th november.

can u give me an insight please?

regards

hunterandthehunted

Hunter, I have had the same, but with a different DCA, that they have written to the Court on disclosure, although I did receive a rather small list, and they didnt have the default in their possession. The Court also wouldnt or couldnt say, but did say to ring next week to see what the judge has decided.

there isnt a standard template as such, cos each case is different, but if you search witness statement at the top, hopefully you will come up with something you can adapt to suit you. I would only read around as you need to see what the Court has to say, no point in wasting to much time, I am sure LLoyds have had enough of your attention as it is

h the witness statment is what we will say in court.I AM KEEPING A WATCH

HOWEVER WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE COURT WILL SAY NEXT WEEK

ok i would like to read this DO NOT GIVE THE SUMS ON HERE I WOULD LIKE YOU TO LOOK AT THE DEFAULT SECTION IN REGARDS THE SUMS.

THE COURT MAY ASK FOR A WITNESS STATMENT SO WE WILL SAY THE SAME IN THAT HOWEVER AGAIN WE WILL SAY THERE IS NO AGREEDMENT TO COVER THE STATMENTS.

AMENDED DEFENCE

by Order of District Judge xxxxxx dated 18th March 2008

1.The Defendant’s original Defence, filed and served on 4th December 2007, is withdrawn and replaced in its entirety by the Amended Defence below.

2.Save as is otherwise pled by the Defendant hereafter, the Defendant denies all allegations made in the Claimant’s Amended Particulars of Claim in their entirety.

The Amended Particulars of Claim

3.At paragraph 5 iv) of the Amended Particulars of Claim, the Claimant avers that a copy of the Formal Demand is not available, yet has filed and served a copy of the “Formal Demand” with their Amended Particulars of Claim.

4.At paragraph 7 of the Amended Particulars of Claim, the Claimant avers a claim in the sum of £5,872.72, but the actual claim amount on the N1 submitted on 19th November 2007 is in the sum of £5,872.74.

5.In addition to the discrepancy between the claim amount in the Amended Particulars of Claim and the N1, there is a discrepancy between the amount of the Default Notice and the Formal Demand as annexed to the Amended Particulars of Claim (and detailed in 5 iv) of the Amended Particulars of Claim) – the Default Notice is in the sum of £5868.72 and the Formal Demand is in the sum of £5879.72

6.In the Amended Particulars of Claim, the Claimant makes no reference to fulfilling their obligations under s64 Consumer Credit Act (1974) and is put to strict proof thereof.

7.The Claimant’s Amended Particulars of Claim do not comply with CPR 17 PD 17 2.1(1), and the Defendant respectfully requests that the Court gives due consideration to striking out the Claim on this basis.

The Agreement

8.The Claimant has filed and served a copy of the Agreement being relied on in these proceedings, which is annexed to their Amended Particulars of Claim dated 20th March 2008. The Defendant admits that this was an application form, signed by the Defendant on 29th September 2003.

9.At paragraph 3 of the Amended Particulars of Claim, the Claimant relies upon the supplied Agreement being regulated by the Consumer Credit Act (1974).

10.The Agreement is headed “Application form and Agreement” and the first paragraph commences with “If your Application is accepted by our signature above and we send you a copy, then this will form the agreement made between you, the Principal Cardholder and us, Lloyds TSB Bank plc”.

11.The Agreement is unsigned by Lloyds TSB Bank plc and is therefore unexecuted. The Defendant therefore respectfully submits that the Agreement cannot be relied upon as an executed Credit Agreement and it remains as an Application Form.

11.1For the sake of ease and consistency, the document is still referred to as “the Agreement” in the remainder of this Amended Defence – however, this does not constitute any acknowledgement that the document is a valid, executed Agreement under the Consumer Credit Act (1974).

12.Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraphs, the Defendant avers that the Agreement does not contain the prescribed terms as required by the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations SI 1983/1553.

13.The prescribed terms are contained in Schedule 6 Column 2 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) and are, inter alia:

- A term stating the credit limit or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit,

- A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement, and

- A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following:

1. Number of repayments;

2. Amount of repayments;

3. Frequency and timing of repayments;

4. Dates of repayments;

5. The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable

14.Schedule 6 (Signing of agreement) of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations SI 1983/1553 also states that the prescribed terms must be contained within the signature document.

15.None of the above prescribed terms are contained within the signature document (the Terms & Conditions are dealt with separately at paragraphs 19-24 below)

16.In support of paragraphs 12-15 above, the Defendant cites the following from Wilson and another v Hurstanger Ltd [2007] EWCA Civ 299 (04 April 2007). When reviewing the provision of Schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations SI 1983/1553, the Judge said:

33 In my judgment the objective of Schedule 6 is to ensure that, as an inflexible condition of enforceability, certain basic minimum terms are included which the parties (with the benefit of legal advice if necessary) and/or the court can identify within the four corners of the agreement. Those minimum provisions combined with the requirement under s 61 that all the terms should be in a single document, and backed up by the provisions of section 127(3), ensure that these core terms are expressly set out in the agreement itself: they cannot be orally agreed; they cannot be found in another document; they cannot be implied; and above all they cannot be in the slightest mis-stated.

As a matter of policy, the lender is denied any room for manoeuvre in respect of them. On the other hand, they are basic provisions, and the only question for the court is whether they are, on a true construction, included in the agreement. More detailed requirements, which are designed to ensure that the debtor is made aware, so far as possible, of specified information (including information contained in the minimum terms) are to be found in Schedule 1

17.The Defendant therefore respectfully submits that the Agreement relied upon is irrevocably unenforceable and the Court is precluded from making any enforcement order by virtue of s127(3) Consumer Credit Act (1974).

18.It is further denied that the Defendant is liable to the Claimant in any manner, and the Claimant is put to strict proof that any enforceable Agreement between the parties exists.

The Terms & Conditions

19.The Claimant has filed and served a copy of the Terms & Conditions being relied on in these proceedings, which is annexed to their Amended Particulars of Claim dated 20th March 2008.

20.The first paragraph of the Agreement states: “…and the full conditions set out in the Brochure section headed Classic, Gold and Platinum Card Conditions – Customer Copy”, however the Terms & Conditions supplied do not contain any such heading.

21.The Defendant avers that the Terms & Conditions annexed to the Amended Particulars of Claim show no relation to the Agreement provided and there is no clear link between the Agreement and the Terms & Conditions.

22.The final page of the Terms & Conditions annexed to the Amended Particulars of Claim contains a reference “POFFTCS/0705”. In the absence of any other reference to applicable dates within the Terms & Conditions, the Defendant has good reason to believe that the /0705 part of this reference corresponds to the date that these Terms & Conditions were printed and that this date is in fact July 2005.

23.At paragraph 5 of the Amended Particulars of Claim, the Claimant relies upon Clauses 2.1, 2.2, 5.3, 14.1, 14.4 and 14.6 of the original Terms & Conditions as forming part of the original Agreement, yet the Defendant’s signature to the Agreement is dated 29th September 2003.

24.The Defendant therefore respectfully submits that the Terms & Conditions filed and served do not correspond to the Agreement and the Claimant is put to strict proof that the Terms & Conditions as annexed are the Terms & Conditions that were in force at the time of the Agreement.

The Default Notice

25.The Default Notice annexed to the Amended Particulars of Claim is in the sum of £5868.72

26.The Formal Demand annexed to the Amended Particulars of Claim is in the sum of £5879.72

27.The Defendant avers that these amounts include unlawful penalty charges in the sum of £75.00 and interest accruing thereon. These charges are detailed in the Statements submitted by the Claimant and are as below:

19/10/2004

Overlimit Charge

£20.00

17/02/2005

Overlimit Charge

£20.00

17/02/2005

Late Charges

£20.00

26/04/2005

Auto Letter Fees

£15.00

28.The Defendant brings to the Court’s attention the Office of Fair Trading’s statement of 5th April 2006 concerning default charges in credit card contracts and avers that these charges represent a penalty and are therefore unrecoverable at Common Law.

29.In the Scottish case of Castaneda and Others v. Clydebank Engineering and Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (1904) 12 SLT 498; the House of Lords held that a contractual party can only recover damages for actual or liquidated losses incurred from a breach of contract. This is also the position in English law: Wilson v Love [1896]; Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd v New Garage and Motor Co Ltd [1915] AC 79; Ford Motor Co v Armstrong [1915]; Bridge v Campbell Discount Co. Ltd [1962]; Murray v Leisureplay [2004].

30.The Defendant further avers that:

a) The charges debited to the Account:

i) are punitive in nature;

ii) are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant;

iii) exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract

on the part of the Claimant;

iv) are not intended to represent or relate to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly

enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges

with a view to profit.

b)Further to 30 (a), the charges debited are penalties rather than liquidated damages. A charge is held to be a penalty if the sum stipulated for is extravagant and unconscionable in amount in comparison to the greatest loss that could conceivably be proved to have followed from the breach. A penalty clause is void in its entirety and unenforceable

c)The contractual provision that permits the Claimant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

d)Without prejudice to and in the alternative to 30 (a), (b) and ©, if the Court finds that the charges are not a penalty, then the Claimant contends that they are unreasonable within the meaning of s.15 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

31.The Defendant respectfully submits that the Default Notice is, therefore, inaccurate.

32.Failure of a Default Notice to be accurate not only invalidates the Default Notice (Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain and Co - [2001] GCCR 2255) but is an unlawful rescission of contract which would not only prevent the Court enforcing any alleged debt, but allow the Defendant to submit a counterclaim for damages (Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119)

33.In lieu of submitting a counterclaim for damages, the Defendant would respectfully request the Court to consider awarding substantial damages to the Defendant as the Claimant has issued an inaccurate Default Notice. In kpohraror v woolwich building society [1996] C.L.C. 510 it was decided that the amount of the damages should be the amount of the cheque that was dishonoured (the amount of the default) plus substantial damage to reputation of £1,000.

Request under s78(1) Consumer Credit Act (1974)

34.Without prejudice to the above, on 6th February 2007, the Defendant made a formal request (“the request”) to the Claimant under section 78(1) Consumer Credit Act (1974), which states:

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a) the state of the account, and

(b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

© the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

35.The Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1569) determines that the creditor must comply with the request within 12 working days of receipt of the request;

36.Section 78(6) Consumer Credit Act (1974) determines the consequences of failure to comply with the request, and states:

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

37.In responding to District Judge xxxxxx’s Orders of 18th March 2008, the Claimant was directed to supply documents as per the Draft Order for Directions attached to the Defendant’s Allocation Questionnaire of 2nd January 2008 – if supplied in full, the documents ordered would have the effect of satisfying the request made under s78(1) Consumer Credit Act (1974).

38.As has been explored above, the Agreement supplied is unexecuted, the Terms & Conditions supplied do not correspond to the Agreement supplied, and no statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor as detailed in paragraph 34 above has been supplied.

39.The Defendant therefore avers that the Claimant has still failed to fully comply with the request and continues to remain in default of its obligations under s78(1) Consumer Credit Act (1974).

40.It is further averred that the Claimant has no right of action until such time as this default is remedied.

41.The Defendant therefore respectfully requests that the Court gives due consideration to striking out the Claimant’s Claim by virtue of s78(6) Consumer Credit Act (1974).

Summary

42.For the avoidance of doubt, it is denied that the Defendant is liable to the Claimant in any manner and it is further denied that the Claimant is entitled to the sum of £5872.72 or £5872.74 claimed or any other relief thereon.

43.The Defendant respectfully submits that:

• The Claimant’s Amended Particulars of Claim do not comply with CPR 17 PD 17 2.1(1);
  • The Agreement relied upon is irrevocably unenforceable;
  • The Terms & Conditions relied upon as forming part of the Agreement do not correspond to the Agreement relied upon;
  • The Default Notice is inaccurate; and
  • The Claimant has not satisfied the Defendant’s request under s78(1) Consumer Credit Act (1974).

44.In view of the matters pleaded above, the Defendant respectfully requests that the Court:

• Makes an order that the Agreement relied upon is irrevocably unenforceable;
  • Makes an order that the Claimant remove any and all credit reference data arising from the unenforceable Agreement and inaccurate Default Notice;
  • Strikes out the Claimant’s Claim for the reasons detailed in the Amended Defence; and
  • Awards substantial damages to the Defendant as per paragraph 33 above.

Statement of Truth

Dated this xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I believe that the facts stated in this Amended Defence are true.

Signed:

Ok Have A Good Read Any Question I Will Be On Line Sunday For Sure

The Amended Defence Was The Work Of Pt Of The Simple Letter Happy Days

lilly,

there are sum overlimit charges and late charges. however this is probably incomplete due to lack of statements.

i noticed that in the seperate list of charges seperate from the statements they have only listed late charges and late payment fees where as on the statement there are some overlimit charges.

regards

hunterandthehunted

i rang the court this morning and was told that the claimant had written to the judge to ask for set aside section 2/ b) default notice.

i pointed out that i have not recived the disclosure statement which had other orders on it which should have been filed to all parties by 13.11.09.

they were

1/ copies of the credit agreement and any documents refereed to within it.

2/ statements dated from june 2002 to november 2006.

i pointed out that i cannot make an amended defence without this information and they confirmed that nothing had been submitted to the court either.

the court also said that the hearing will be by telephone in february.

what can i do now as the witness statements have to be filed by the 27.11.09

ok at the bottom of the N154 it states that failure to comply with the directions means that i can apply for the case to be struck out.

they have wrangled out of providing a copy of the default notice but as i said in the last post there were other orders. the statements are key to this case and without them i am stuffed.

i have made 3 seperate requests for them under sar

and the judge has ordered them to disclose and still they get away with it

regards

hunterandthehunted

If a judge has ordered the disclosure and they have not complied then imo you need to apply on an N244 application for the case to be struck out as the claimant is not complying with the courts directions.

The court will not do this automatically, you have to drive it through.

S.

An application to strike out as far as I know is treated the same as a summary judgment request and as such halts the normal proceedings of the court.....so yes

However... as your timescales are so tight, even if you get the application in now I would prepare the witness statement and contact the court closer to the time to see if the application has been before the judge and directions given prior to sending it in.

S.

hi H&H, I cant offer any more advice to that provided by the shadow. They are trying it on arent they, LTSB:mad:

BCOBS

i have received an application notice from the court. lloyds have applied for part of the directions be set aside because they cannot comply with this part of the order and the part they cannot comply with is supplying the default notice as they do not keep copies.

they have got the date wrong ( in there list of evidence )when the default notice was supposedely iissued so it does not match the POC.

because lloyds have made this application does this mean that it supersedes other directions by the judge

the application will be a telephone hearing in feb 2010

is there anyone out there who can help me with this please?

i was originally required to provide witness statement by 27 november but on the notice of application hearing it stipulates that not less than 3 days the parties shall file with the court

1/a case summary, a summary of issues and a summary of issues to be dealt with at the hearing, agreed if possible.

2/ a draft of any orders or direction sought and all other documants to be referred to including, where appropiate any statementsbby expert witnesses complying with CPR 35.12 (3) and any statement of costs complying with section 13.5 of the costs practice direction in form 260

can someone point me in the right direction for the 1983 regulations regarding default notices

regards

hunterandthehunted