Can a bailiff take my girlfriends property?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I'll start at the beginning! I fell out with my parents a while ago and have recently got back in touch only to find the bailiff's have given me a week to settle an old debt before they pay me a visit. Trouble is, the letter was sent to my mum and dad's address as this was my last known address ( I've not lived there for 18 months!). Do I contact the bailiffs and give my present address, which is a house owned by my girlfriend? Incidentally, I have no possessions of any real value, because I am on job seekers allowance, but I have a tatty old car! Can they take my girlfriends possessions ? I also have no savings. Please, your worldly advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!:confused:

Baliffs Cant Take Property That Does Not Belong To You.

Do Your Parents Know Of The Impending Baliff Visit

Are These Baliffs And Not Some ****** Dca

What Is The Name Of The Baliff Co And What Was The Debt For

I used to be in the RAF and it was for repairs on the married quarer on leaving. It was a letter from Birkenhead County Court (Notice of Issue of Warrant of Execution). And my parents do know, I've told them I'll sort it out soonest.

The Married Quarters where taken over by a civilian company. Hence they went the civilian route when chasing me for the money. My mum has letters from the MOD, but she didn't know where I was living and was unable to contact me. The total to pay is £1871 and I presume this is a lot more than the original debt. I read on anoter thread about filling in a form N245 and also a form EX160 because I'm claimingJob Seekers

Hi Red,

I have found in the past that county court bailiffs aren't too bad.

I would advise that your parents point out that you are a grown up big boy now and have not lived at that address for 18 months.

In addition you should be able to get the CCJ set aside as you did not received the paperwork and it will not cost you if you are on JSA income based using EX160

GK

If you are happy with this advice please ring my scales over here

• Haha 1

Guest Happy Contrails
Can they take my girlfriends possessions ?

No they can't. Your girlfriend will be allowed to replace the goods like for like and charge it all to the authority instructing the bailiff, plus the ask for compensation for the deprivation of their lawful use.