• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Summer Meet up - Fri 21st Aug: Birmingham: 8pm starting at The Pitcher & Piano (Brindley Place)

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Which weekend?  

23 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Which weekend?

• 7th/8th August
    • 14th/15th August
    • 21st/22nd August
    • 28th/29th August
    • Comedy Stoke Option

No idea.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most popular dates at the mo seem to be 21st/22nd August. Is there anyone who CAN'T make either of those dates?

I'll check my diary but I think I may be polishing my baubles that weekend.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I can't believe I might actually make my first ever CAG meet up.

It was quite amusing when you didn't make it last time, just to watch Castlebest going up to random people and shouting "SEQUENCI??"... and watching their reactions! :lol:

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Where's this St Albans place then ?

I thought it was some kind of breakfast cereal?

Edited by barracad

It was quite amusing when you didn't make it last time, just to watch Castlebest going up to random people and shouting "SEQUENCI??"... and watching their reactions! :lol:

Hmmm I'm not used to propositioning strange males sitting in on their own in pubs... it was even funnier when you could see the expressions on their faces :D

not with brasso i hope pmsl :D

You put Brasso on glass?!

Brasso works quite well on some 'mock' crystal beads I have, but I wouldn't let it near my pearls...

I will be in Ireland the weekend before this and am looking forward to meeting up with people again - I will need to share a room with somebody though, cant afford a room on my own.

am looking forward to meeting up with people again - I will need to share a room with somebody though, cant afford a room on my own.

Im sure somebody will a have a spare bed in their room, not sure where im staying yet :? so cant say yay or nay.

Yippee - another party goer, lol.

Once we get a venue sorted will look at hotels in the area. I'm sure something can be sorted BB.

You getting in some practice for the housewarming?:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

it's parrrrrrrrrrrrrrty :p

Once we get a venue sorted will look at hotels in the area. I'm sure something can be sorted BB.

yep step by step instructions :eek::D

ep :D

I'll probably fo about clearing spills etc all eveing hough.

Right guys. Any ideas on venues etc?

Yeah. How about Stoke?

Yeah. How about Stoke?

That's in Coventry not Birmingham.:rolleyes:

STOKE

The ancient parish of Stoke lay immediately to the east of Coventry. It comprised 935 acres in 1891. (fn. 28) For most of the 19th century it was in Foleshill Union and Rural District, but in 1899 the western part of the parish (490 acres) was transferred to Coventry County Borough (fn. 29) and in 1928 the remaining 449 acres of the parish became part of Coventry. (fn. 30)

The parish consisted of a block of land lying between Gosford Green and Stoke Green on the west and the River Sowe on the east, and an irregularly-shaped projection north of Walsgrave Road to higher ground at Barras Heath and Stoke Heath. The middle of the parish forms a low watershed between the River Sherbourne and the Sowe. From the end of Far Gosford Street at Gosford Green Walsgrave Road runs north-east across this area towards Leicester and Binley Road east towards Rugby. In the north-west the Coventry Canal follows the line of the former parish boundary. The greater part of the west of the former parish is occupied by 19th-century, and of the east by modern, domestic building (1964).

From: 'The City of Coventry: The outlying parts of Coventry: Stoke', A History of the County of Warwick: Volume 8: The City of Coventry and Borough of Warwick (1969), pp. 96-104. URL: The City of Coventry - The outlying parts of Coventry: Stoke | British History Online Date accessed: 27 June 2009.

I

Gutted - doesn't look like I can make it. Am moving to the South on the 31st August so need all my pennies for that......

Where there is a will, there is a way (or so they say), and IF I can make it, would be more than happy to share a room at the lush accommodation that is the Travelodge :D

Nooooooooo. CB we need you there, and Clemma other peeps on the thread are looking for roomies.;-)

I liked O'Neills Bar

so someone make a decision lol :D

ok, i will lol

I quite like the Pitcher & Piano in Brindleyplace (20 meters from Broad Street)

how about starting in The Pitcher & Piano....Sequenci has mentioned this a couple of times & if its only 20 metres to Broad Street, O'Neills can be accessed easily if you want to move on later :)

Sounds like a plan PD.:)