Summer Meet up - Fri 21st Aug: Birmingham: 8pm starting at The Pitcher & Piano (Brindley Place)

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Which weekend?  

23 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Which weekend?

• 7th/8th August
    • 14th/15th August
    • 21st/22nd August
    • 28th/29th August
    • Comedy Stoke Option

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brindly Place and Broad Street are seething with pubs, bars, resturants and clubs (and hotels)... some are good some arnt :rolleyes: lol and I'm not up to date with that area of Brum.

But to put it into perspective, if you imagin St Albans... (wherever that is :rolleyes:) with a bar in every third shop, you come close to that area of Brum :)

Lots of reasonably priced hotels. Not sure about prices for parking as I got the train last time.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

What's the hotel and car parking prices around there?

Your best bets are either the Etap hotel which is about 1/2 mile from Broad Street and likely to be the cheapest.

There are two travelodges. One on Broad Street itself which is a little grotty or one just up the road (at the top of broad street) at a place called Broadway plaza which has secured parking underneath. Not sure on the 24 hr parking rate, I would imagine it would be £10-£12ish (i can check if you like as I work next to it).

I should be able ro make it and I'll need to share a room. Any offers?

would be more than happy to share a room at the lush accommodation that is the Travelodge :D

I will need to share a room with somebody though, cant afford a room on my own.

I was thinking along these lines CB. You'll have to find a roomie of your own.:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ah, still not sure about whether I can make it or not though. Get paid on the 10th, will count my pennies then. I have my big move on the 31st August, so need much money for that. Who knows though.......some things you just HAVE to have money for as well :D

My room is already full ;):D

Really? I didn't know.:rolleyes::p

There are plenty of places to stay just outside Brum and not far off the Metro or the railway system.

I'll certainly be at the meet. How can I say no when I live so near:)?

Apart from breaking my ankle last night..but they will be taking the plaster cast off and putting an air-cast on tomorrow (finger crossed). I wouldn't mind but I still hadn't stopped limping from last time it happened.:oops:

I don't mind which weekend it is or where. It's the good company that counts.

Sounds good to me. :-D

There are plenty of places to stay just outside Brum and not far off the Metro or the railway system.

I'll certainly be at the meet. How can I say no when I live so near:)?

Apart from breaking my ankle last night..but they will be taking the plaster cast off and putting an air-cast on tomorrow (finger crossed). I wouldn't mind but I still hadn't stopped limping from last time it happened.:oops:

I don't mind which weekend it is or where. It's the good company that counts.

Glad you'll be joining us Crapstone.

BB, there are a few peeps looking for room mates I quoted earlier in the thread. Perhaps you could PM them.

I'll probably catch swine flu again.......it's rife in the Midlands. Is it worth the risk......HELL YEAH :D

Sniff..atchooooo:eek:

Catch it. Bin it. Kill it...Seems somewhat appropriate for CAG members:wink:.

Edited by Crapstone
Adding a bit.

Hi Caro,

I've just pm'd babybear with an initial idea to see what she thinks. I've volunteered my OH as a 'taxi' and he has a 7 seater so that should help to save a few quid in parking.

That's very good of you both Crapstone and in true CAG spirit.:D

No problem Caro..If anyone wants to leave their car at my local train station, metro station or outside my house we can use both our cars to ferry people in if need be and we'd have 4 available seats for a lift to a hotel after.