style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the bailiffs can only levy on goods BELONGING to you personally,if you have say a grown up child at home who owns a car and parks it outside, if the bailiff says they will levy it, tell them it does not belong to you and if they remove it , it has been removed unlawfully, and the owner will contact the police as this is theft, if nothing in the property belongs to youi.e. your partner has all the goods in their name these too cannot be touched nor can any thing on 'tick', this is provided the bill is in your name only.

Worse than that! They took a levy on a vehicle not even outside my property but a neighbours. I believe they knocked at the wrong house twice!

They insist I had 2 visits. State this car was parked at the front of the house in front of garage. did not speak to anyone - no one home and left letters. Then they called again and this time left the levy. Problem is the first attending bailiff was obviously knocking at a neighbours - who owns the car. Wrote the number down to take as a levy. The second bailiff had a headed piece of paper faxed over to him with all the charges already added titled Notice of Distress and dated April 1st. The bailiff just adds the registration number down and the date he called and slips it through the letterbox.

Well, I live in an upstairs flat so they can't get hold of any garden furniture of anything like that, and I can't drive so they can't have levied on a car !

Dammit I think they must have tried to levy on my luxury yacht... either that or the flying unicorn I whizz about the place on ;)

Hey ho. Once more unto the fray!!!

Edited by AppleCrumble

Apple x

Heres my last one.

if it's on letter you receive - in the UK it means you can not present that letter as evidence at court, however the sender can do so if she/he wishes.Flying unicorns- broomsticks -Tawnyowl worried-theres something of the night about this.Tawnyowl.

It was on a letterhead that was photocopied or faxed over to the bailiff for him to put his squiggle. Hard life, just drive by and sneak it through the letterbox! Oh and by the way charge you £181.85 for the privelege. Trying to prove their report is a load of tosh now!

Heres my last one.

if it's on letter you receive - in the UK it means you can not present that letter as evidence at court, however the sender can do so if she/he wishes.Flying unicorns- broomsticks -Tawnyowl worried-theres something of the night about this.Tawnyowl.

Oh that's good, they don't believe in their fees enough to want to stand up to defend them then?

Ah okay. Guess they are going to give them back to me :)

Apple x

Sent them a sworn certification for the bailiff to sign, but they refused on the basis that the bailiff had not met anyone in person and given them the letter.

Also said I should have had the list of charges, but I haven't.

Had the cheek to say the account is not on hold! You have to make payments and it won't stop any further action.

Apparently they have confirmed to the court that no checks with DVLA have been carried out! BUT, been told the judge is not looking at the charges and have to do a form 8. Surely if the levy is unlawful then the charges become irrelevant? You can't say the levy was unlawful but the charges stand!

Apparently they have confirmed to the court that no checks with DVLA have been carried out! BUT, been told the judge is not looking at the charges and have to do a form 8. Surely if the levy is unlawful then the charges become irrelevant? You can't say the levy was unlawful but the charges stand!

well my daughter had 2 unlawful levies and charges for both including van fees were removed

k1mmie have you got your own thread going for this been looking cant find it