Early Discharge from Bankruptcy? I hope so

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yay!

I was declared bankrupt in December 2008. Apart from the initial, brief telephone interview, I have heard nothing else from the Official Receiver - until now.

They just sent me the IPO Questionnaire which I have filled in and returned. They are considering filing the paperwork to grant me an early discharge, but need to discuss any objections with my creditors.

I know this will be different for everybody according to their particular circumstances - but the letter from the OR said the process of seeking objections from creditors can take several weeks. If anybody out there did get an early discharge, how long did it take from receiving the IPO Questionnaire to being granted the discharge?

I have just 3 creditors so am hoping it won't take too long.

Thanks guys!!

• 2 weeks later...

too depend on how your OR is busy usually about 6 to 8 weeks and you are not guaranteed either an early discharge, i was promised the same last year in november 2008 and i am still waiting for mine to come through . my automatic discharge is in July 2009 . what your letter an IPOQ had on the top left corner the EDREV initial by any chance ?