A little help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

My husband has recently entered into an IVA. Although not all of his creditors agreed to it - the majority did. Am I right in assuming that if there is a majority rule, the others have to follow suit?

The reason I am asking this is because before the IVA went through, we got daily phone calls from Mercer on behalf of Barclaycard. We didn't answer them as we have caller ID and don't answer calls from 0845 numbers.

Barclaycard were one of the two companies that voted against and this afternoon there has been a message left on our answering machine asking my husband to call Calder Financial (trading as Mercer I have found out) saying that it is very important that he returns the call. We have no intention of doing this as we haven't spoken to them since it all began and aren't going to start now. Besides it's me that pays the phone bill and no-one is calling 0844 numbers from this house lol.

Is there anything that we can do about them? I thought that as the IVA had gone through, they could no longer hassle us with phone calls and correspondance? I assumed it all had to go through the Insolvency Practitioner.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as this is coming at a time of personal loss and we have enough to be dealing with right now.

Thanks

This should be referred to you Insolvency Practitioner to sort it out for you - that is what he is getting paid for. My understanding is that if 75% (by value of debt) of your creditors voted to accept the IVA, it is binding on all your creditors. No one should now be pursuing you.

This should be referred to you Insolvency Practitioner to sort it out for you - that is what he is getting paid for. My understanding is that if 75% (by value of debt) of your creditors voted to accept the IVA, it is binding on all your creditors. No one should now be pursuing you.

That's what I thought. Right, will get hubby on the phone to his IP first thing Tuesday morning.

Thank you

7th

Correct. :)

Barclycard/Mercers etc can be a complete pain, even after bankruptcy. But they are on a hiding to nothing.

Ignore their mind games and refer their nonsense to the IP/supervisor.

Also complain to the OFT if they persist. ;)

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]