Kiani -v- Goldfish/Barclaycard a/c

kiani
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

i sent 2 cca 1978 to barclaycard which arrived at the offices on 7th april

1) for a barclaycard that has always been a barclay card

for this i have only recieved back a copy of t&c

2) for a goldfish card which is now a barclaycard goldfish card

for this one i have still not had any reply

what should my next move be

thankyou

Hi Kiani,

New thread here is for your Goldfish/Barclaycard a/c only, to keep it separate from the other BC a/c.

You could wait until their time is up to respond, and then write as appropriate.

They have 12+2 days and then a further calendar month. So they are already in Default under the CCA1974.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Personally, I'd wait until the further calendar month has expired.

Otherwise, you can write to BC at every opportunity, but they tend to ignore you.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

hi

thanks for the reply

today i recieved a responce to my cca 1974 s78 request, in which bc have only supplied a copy of the original bc terms and conditions when i opened the account back in 1999

but when i opened the account it was a goldfish card not a barclaycard goldfish.

so shouldnt they have sent me a copy of the original goldfish terms and conditions if any. or are they allowed to send me the t&c form bc back in 1999

thankyou

This is what we'd expect from BC, and they'll say they've fulfilled their obligations.

Are there penalty charges you can reclaim on this a/c. Read the Reclaiming Guide at Link No 1 in my signature below.

If so, and you have the necessary statements, fill in a Site spreadsheet to make up your SOC.

If you don't have the statements, you need to send them an SAR.

If you want to get sight of the credit agreement, start on the CPR route as per Link No2 in my signature.

hi slick132

thankyou of reply

as bc have not sent me a copy of the credit agreement do i have to continue to make payment

thanks

No. As you consider the a/c to be formally in dispute, you do not have to pay and they should not pursue payment.

However, the reality is that they will continue to seek payments, regardless.

hi

thanksyou for the reply

do you know where i can get a template for a letter to let bc know that i consider the account to be formally in dispute?

thanks

Hi Kiani,

No, Nothing wrong - just a bit impatient, considering it's a Bank Holiday Sunday. ;)

This is a self-help forum where all the resources are here for you use. You just have to read up on stuff and find what you need. If you can't find it, by all means ask questions.

People are happy to help when they are on-line. When they are not, you either have to wait for guidance, or look for it yourself.

Adapt this letter to reflect your own case and send it off to BC (who will of course ignore it !!) by Rec'd Del'y - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/167584-barclaycard-no-cca.html#post1821561

Reading threads in the forums which concern you will yield masses of info which you'll find useful. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I recieved a letter from BC a few days back, it says

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference: SECTION 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Thankyou for your request for information under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974.

Based on the information you have given we are unable to locate your clients account details. Please provide further information to allow us to proceed with your request such as previous addresses or barclaycard account numbers

yours sincerely

I have checked the information i have provided them and it is all correct.

I have always lived at my current address and do not have any old statements or cards to beable to provide any previous account numbers.

is their any advice you can give me on what i should do regarding the letter they have sent

thankyou

Hi Kiani,

I assume they've sent this in response to your complaint that they've only supplied your T&C's.

Make sure the a/c no. on your letters is correct. Write back and confirm it and say you've been at your current address for the last xx years. Remind them the a/c is still in dispute as they should have supplied your credit agreement by xx date.

You didn't answer my Q in post #6 above. Have they added penalty charges to the a/c. If so, you should add up the total and reclaim them.

If you need your statements to check this, send off a SAR.

:)